• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen First Pokemon ever captured

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
My first Pokemon was a Rattata. I REALLY hate Rattatas.

Warship

異議あり!
Years
my first pokemon in my first pokemon game was bidoof i caught in my pearl. didnt know how useless it was then. got rid of him after a short while

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Years
  • Seen May 1, 2013
When I got Pokemon Pearl, I was lucky enough for the first Pokemon I caught in Gen IV was a Shinx that I nicknamed Lithium for it being an electric type.

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2013
pokemon platinum ,pokemon diamond first pokemon ever caught was my rival's starter.
no seriously, using action replay
but the second and third time it was bidoof in both games

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
in SS it was rattata :) dis not like it but i used it the i left it at the PC and did not check it ever
more xD

Altair1

Willpower
Years
My first catch in the fourth generation was a Starly in Pokemon Diamond, who I used in my team. Turned out to be quite a fighter.

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2013
in HG/SS, my first capture pokemon is hoothoot. in D/P/Pt, my first capture pokemon is shinx.

Robotechnic

League Champion
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 3, 2013
Starly was my first capture and I still have him in my Diamond team.

Last edited:

Hydro Pumper

Water Pokemon Trainer
Years
I first played Heartgold/Soulsilver at night so my first wild Pokemon to be caught was a Hoot-hoot! :D In Diamond I recall it being a Starly. :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
DPPt, it was probably Bidoof or Starly. As for HGSS, I know the first thing I caught in SS was a Hoothoot. I was really excited that my copy had arrived (first time I got an imported game), but it was night time when I started playing. I just decided to catch stuff I saw even though they were old Pokemon, but you know, it was a new game. And the first thing I ran into was a Hoothoot I thought I wouldn't keep. I named her Cool and took her all through the game with me. n___n This is probably why I like owls so much now and Noctowl became one of my favorites because of this playthrough. So yeah!

Back