• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Such a great hack, and I'm still pretty early in the game. The level increase of the opponents is a bit steep, but i don't mind training and good old fashioned grinding ;) Taking me FOREVER to find a squirtle in water cavern, starting to think there are no squirtles here anymore :( darn 1% encounter rate haha didn't take me this long to find cyndaquil. so far i've started with gible which is now a gabite, caught a zubat that will become a crobat [and my poison pain in the butt for my opponents ;)], got a quilava, and i aim to get a squirtle, ralts (gallade, sort of my signature) and i haven't decided my final pokemon, any suggestions? Anyways, GREAT hack DRG, and, depending on how long it takes you to complete and how much more info comes out, have you considered adding the gen 6 starters/legendaries to part 2? obviously it would depend on info on their second and final evolutions and sprites that you can actually use for them becoming available, but it would be cool and tie into the "new region" in part 2 well, just a thought :)

EDIT: Also, i enjoy trying to recognize which pokemon you replaced with sprites from gen 4 and on based on the sound they make, reminds me of "who's that pokemon?!" on the tv show haha so far the ones that have stood out for me are buizel (replaced hoot-hoot) and tynamo (replaced spinda). tynamo is especially funny because the game still generates random spots on tynamo like it normally does for spinda haha.

Thanks ^.^ and yea that Tynamo/Spinda thing was completely by accident lol. So I just had the lady thug say Darugis infected them.

Haxorus Base stats is wrong.

Thank you so much for telling me this. I fixed it now and currently uploading an update right now with it's fixed stats. If you were using Haxorus, I believe it's stats will now raise up to the correct stats after you download the update and patch it. Sorry about that.

I tried to download final version but i heard that new updated version will be released today. so I'ill just wait for it and play the the most latest one.

? What new release? But good thing you waited, cause now Haxorus's stats are fixed if you had plans on using one.

Pokemon Dark Rising Review

Storyline 82%: Good, fun events,sometimes boring but it's okay the plots sometimes are a bit out of order
But the main-story is very good

Mapping 90%: Very good maps and cities,almost no tiles errors or map errors but there are a few bugs where you can walk throught houses and other stuff

Graphics 58%: Sorry but the pallettes are boring and have bad colors and the tiles are also boring and some buildings look ugly

Gameplay 96%: A shot in the rose my friend; I have really enjoyed your hack and it is sometimes so fun to play for me in some gameplay aspects it's better than Light Platinum. The fun events and altered plots and dialogues are so much fun

Engagingness 86% : you really keep playing this when you once played it and the main plot is engaging

Scripting 98%: Yeah no words for it the scripting is so good even better than light platinum's

Overall Score 86%

Thanks! The graphics have been stepped up for Dark Rising 2. Actually...Everything's been pretty much stepped up, it's amazing.

BIGGEST UPDATE EVER (I think...Yeah, it is) coming in an hour!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 25, 2021
hey how can i catch giratina in the game???
is it safe & okay to catch giratina with the master ball when atem is trying to catch it???
coz i did that now i can see a question mark(?) in my pc where giratina is & i think it is not safe to have question mark pokemon in pc..
please do reply as i wanted to catch giratina..:)

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
hey how can i catch giratina in the game???
is it safe & okay to catch giratina with the master ball when atem is trying to catch it???
coz i did that now i can see a question mark(?) in my pc where giratina is & i think it is not safe to have question mark pokemon in pc..
please do reply as i wanted to catch giratina..:)

Giratina wasn't suppose to be caught lol. But I'm not sure if it's safe or not.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Allow me to present the projects that I'm currently working on...

Dark Rising 1.5

w20ciq.png
Rosary Graveyard

29vmmxh.jpg
Blizzard Route

33xkehl.png
Iceland City

20utjsn.jpg

More screenshots of this will be posted next week. Now for the hack most people who come to this thread are interested in hearing about...

Dark Rising 2

The Story So Far(Spoiler Alert): You, the player, wake up from a sudden dream you had in the region known as CORE, where you live. In the dream, a Pokemon tells you of a dark force that has begun it's reawakening & asks for your aid in stoping it from causing chaos upon the world. You soon discover your best friend also had the same visit from the Pokemon in the form of a dream as well. After helping your town's professor, you set out on your own Pokemon adventure paired with your DRAGON-Type Pokemon & many questions unanswered in your mind. What is Darugis, the dark force the Pokemon spoke of? Along your journey, you discover Darugis can control the minds of people and Pokemon alike. You meet a man named V, who was a former assistance of your father, who Darugis now has captured along with the Pokemon from your dream. As your journey continues, you meet many enemies, some who become rivals, and even friends. Sydney, a young woman who watched Darugis's reawakening cause the death of her family and her village. Dray, a strong-willed Pokemon trainer who's father was also connected to your father and helped defeat Darugis years ago. And Florina, another strong trainer with a genius mind when it comes to technology. Together, along with your best friend & childhood friend, Pete, as well as assistance from a once enemy, Kayo, defeated Adrian, the champion of the OMNI Region who happened to be one of Darugis's main puppets. Through this time, you've grown to become a very strong Pokemon trainer. Even battling the likes of Ash Ketchum himself, the world's greatest Pokemon Trainer. You've also gained the ability to connect and bond with Legendary Pokemon. As some questions became clear with answers, more begin to grow in your mind. For example, what is the true connection between the 3 Chosen Ones? You have the power to Bond and communicate with Pokemon. A young man known as Light has the power to create Pokemon through energy. And your best friend, the 3rd Chosen One, what is his ability? There's still so much unanswered...

Now, You and the rest of your friends(Team Dark Rising) have set off to the OMNI Region in search of DARUGIS & saving your father. Three days have past since the events at Malice Castle...The team has changed their gear, and left all traces of events within the CORE Region behind them, including their Pokemon(Except their DRAGONS). What awaits you & the Team at the OMNI Region? Is there an even bigger threat than Darugis being formed?

NEW RIVALS
35k31w4.jpg
2j5l760.jpg
-Nathan

vo1u1w.jpg
33ok70l.jpg
-Benga

oqxesg.jpg
s4ndeh.jpg
2s6tro1.png
2cgcv2h.png
-Jalice(The girl you saw before entering Malice Courtyard) & Fennekin

NEW GYM LEADERS(5 of the 12)

bgr6ef.jpg
wa2c0w.jpg
-Ivy

29vylo3.png
15x5yqx.jpg
-Eon

6sex77.jpg
1zob7vc.jpg
-Granite

2rm4nl0.png
rj1ldf.jpg
-Feather

e84fiu.jpg
34et6pz.jpg
-Valdus

TEAM DR

28inlsw.jpg
11u7moo.jpg
-Oren

331eloo.jpg
14444lg.jpg
-Kaz

2ljgndf.jpg
34oplkl.jpg
- Sydney

28rhyee.jpg
tao8y8.jpg
- Dray

ipuwx5.png
dr9ern.jpg
-Florina

New Professor

2a6um4i.jpg
2yxnrja.jpg
-Prof.Mercury

Apart from the new characters, basic trainers are being recolored as well. There will also be newer trainer classes. For example, The Extremist. I won't reveal him today, but he's already in the hack:

v5lbw3.jpg
345c7e1.jpg
-Youngster

2zibryx.jpg
25zjdzt.jpg
-Bug Catcher

19nn04.jpg
sv5n43.jpg
-Fisherman

Numerous characters from the anime will also appear as well. Cynthia, Alder, Dawn, Iris, Gary, May, Barry, and Paul are all confirmed.

NEW MOVES
In addition to the attacks I already added in Dark Rising 1, the following moves are now added in Dark Rising 2 as well:
Gunk Shot, Inferno, Grass Knot, Force Palm, Earth Power, Icicle Crash, Toxic Spikes, Discharge, Power Whip.

More big news regarding the attacks is the Physical/Special Split WILL be programed into the hack by the one & only Tajaros next week.

Lastly, the thread for Dark Rising 2 will be up in the progression hacks section sometime in March. I'm still inserting sprites, re-designing, and fixing the stats & moves for each Pokemon. Once I'm finally done with all that, I can begin more scripting (I've only scripted about 6 events so far) & eventually make progress in the actual development of the hack. This explains the lack of screen shots for Dark Rising 2. But don't worry, once the thread is posted, they'll be constant updates with screenshots. I hope you all enjoyed the update! And yes, I know my spriting & recoloring still needs some work. I've gotten better though! lol. That's All For Now ^.^

Last edited:

4thGenAce:D

I don't live by my name...
Years

Dark Rising 1.5

w20ciq.png
Rosary Graveyard

29vmmxh.jpg
Blizzard Route

33xkehl.png
Iceland City

20utjsn.jpg

More screenshots of this will be posted next week. Now for the hack most people who come to this thread are interested in hearing about...

Dark Rising 2

The Story So Far(Spoiler Alert): You, the player, wake up from a sudden dream you had in the region known as CORE, where you live. In the dream, a Pokemon tells you of a dark force that has begun it's reawakening & asks for your aid in stoping it from causing chaos upon the world. You soon discover your best friend also had the same visit from the Pokemon in the form of a dream as well. After helping your town's professor, you set out on your own Pokemon adventure paired with your DRAGON-Type Pokemon & many questions unanswered in your mind. What is Darugis, the dark force the Pokemon spoke of? Along your journey, you discover Darugis can control the minds of people and Pokemon alike. You meet a man named V, who was a former assistance of your father, who Darugis now has captured along with the Pokemon from your dream. As your journey continues, you meet many enemies, some who become rivals, and even friends. Sydney, a young woman who watched Darugis's reawakening cause the death of her family and her village. Dray, a strong-willed Pokemon trainer who's father was also connected to your father and helped defeat Darugis years ago. And Florina, another strong trainer with a genius mind when it comes to technology. Together, along with your best friend & childhood friend, Pete, as well as assistance from a once enemy, Kayo, defeated Adrian, the champion of the OMNI Region who happened to be one of Darugis's main puppets. Through this time, you've grown to become a very strong Pokemon trainer. Even battling the likes of Ash Ketchum himself, the world's greatest Pokemon Trainer. You've also gained the ability to connect and bond with Legendary Pokemon. As some questions became clear with answers, more begin to grow in your mind. For example, what is the true connection between the 3 Chosen Ones? You have the power to Bond and communicate with Pokemon. A young man known as Light has the power to create Pokemon through energy. And your best friend, the 3rd Chosen One, what is his ability? There's still so much unanswered...

Now, You and the rest of your friends(Team Dark Rising) have set off to the OMNI Region in search of DARUGIS & saving your father. Three days have past since the events at Malice Castle...The team has changed their gear, and left all traces of events within the CORE Region behind them, including their Pokemon(Except their DRAGONS). What awaits you & the Team at the OMNI Region? Is there an even bigger threat than Darugis being formed?

NEW RIVALS
35k31w4.jpg
2j5l760.jpg
-Nathan

vo1u1w.jpg
33ok70l.jpg
-Benga

oqxesg.jpg
s4ndeh.jpg
2s6tro1.png
2cgcv2h.png

bgr6ef.jpg
wa2c0w.jpg
-Ivy

29vylo3.png
15x5yqx.jpg
-Eon

6sex77.jpg
1zob7vc.jpg
-Granite

2rm4nl0.png
rj1ldf.jpg
-Feather

e84fiu.jpg
34et6pz.jpg
-Valdus

TEAM DR

28inlsw.jpg
11u7moo.jpg
-Oren

331eloo.jpg
14444lg.jpg
-Kaz

2ljgndf.jpg
34oplkl.jpg
- Sydney

28rhyee.jpg
tao8y8.jpg
- Dray

ipuwx5.png
dr9ern.jpg
-Florina

New Professor

2a6um4i.jpg
2yxnrja.jpg
-Prof.Mercury

Apart from the new characters, basic trainers are being recolored as well. There will also be newer trainer classes. For example, The Extremist. I won't reveal him today, but he's already in the hack:

v5lbw3.jpg
345c7e1.jpg
-Youngster

2zibryx.jpg
25zjdzt.jpg
-Bug Catcher

19nn04.jpg
sv5n43.jpg
-Fisherman

Numerous characters from the anime will also appear as well. Cynthia, Alder, Dawn, Iris, Gary, May, Barry, and Paul are all confirmed.

NEW MOVES
In addition to the attacks I already added in Dark Rising 1, the following moves are now added in Dark Rising 2 as well:
Gunk Shot, Inferno, Grass Knot, Force Palm, Earth Power, Icicle Crash, Toxic Spikes, Discharge, Power Whip.

More big news regarding the attacks is the Physical/Special Split WILL be programed into the hack by the one & only Tajaros next week.

Lastly, the thread for Dark Rising 2 will be up in the progression hacks section sometime in March. I'm still inserting sprites, re-designing, and fixing the stats & moves for each Pokemon. Once I'm finally done with all that, I can begin more scripting (I've only scripted about 6 events so far) & eventually make progress in the actual development of the hack. This explains the lack of screen shots for Dark Rising 2. But don't worry, once the thread is posted, they'll be constant updates with screenshots. I hope you all enjoyed the update! And yes, I know my spriting & recoloring still needs some work. I've gotten better though! lol. That's All For Now ^.^

Okay, now I'm definitely gonna play DR 1.5 HAHA. Niceeeeeee.

But, with regards to DR 2, could we start with other Dragon-type pokemon likee.. Swablu, Axew and Deino? Or a legendary? Hmm.. I think Dratini/Bagon/Gible are kind of redundant already..

And oh, is there a battle tower? :D

More Power!
A steady supporter of the DR trilogy you have here.

-4thGenAce:D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 25, 2021
Giratina wasn't suppose to be caught lol. But I'm not sure if it's safe or not.
Hey thanks for your timely reply..I didnt catch giratina..
neways i think i found a bug or may be not..after defeating giovanni in tiki village my badge count is still 7..though it should be 8 right??

Leafgreen2itsmyidea

Pokémon Master
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2013

First episode of Pokémon Dark Rising

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Okay, now I'm definitely gonna play DR 1.5 HAHA. Niceeeeeee.

But, with regards to DR 2, could we start with other Dragon-type pokemon likee.. Swablu, Axew and Deino? Or a legendary? Hmm.. I think Dratini/Bagon/Gible are kind of redundant already..

And oh, is there a battle tower? :D

More Power!
A steady supporter of the DR trilogy you have here.

-4thGenAce:D

You'll start off with either Dragonite, Salamence, or Garchomp at Lv10. Their moves will be weaker than the ones your dragon had at the end of dark rising 1.

Since we're on a new page in the thread now, I'm reposting the update that I posted last night in case some people missed it.

Dark Rising 1.5

w20ciq.png
Rosary Graveyard

29vmmxh.jpg
Blizzard Route

33xkehl.png
Iceland City

20utjsn.jpg

Dark Rising 2

NEW RIVALS
35k31w4.jpg
2j5l760.jpg
-Nathan

vo1u1w.jpg
33ok70l.jpg
-Benga

oqxesg.jpg
s4ndeh.jpg
2s6tro1.png
2cgcv2h.png

bgr6ef.jpg
wa2c0w.jpg
-Ivy

29vylo3.png
15x5yqx.jpg
-Eon

6sex77.jpg
1zob7vc.jpg
-Granite

2rm4nl0.png
rj1ldf.jpg
-Feather

e84fiu.jpg
34et6pz.jpg
-Valdus

TEAM DR

28inlsw.jpg
11u7moo.jpg
-Oren

331eloo.jpg
14444lg.jpg
-Kaz

2ljgndf.jpg
34oplkl.jpg
- Sydney

28rhyee.jpg
tao8y8.jpg
- Dray

ipuwx5.png
dr9ern.jpg
-Florina

New Professor

2a6um4i.jpg
2yxnrja.jpg
-Prof.Mercury

v5lbw3.jpg
345c7e1.jpg
-Youngster

2zibryx.jpg
25zjdzt.jpg
-Bug Catcher

19nn04.jpg
sv5n43.jpg
-Fisherman

NEW MOVES

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2014
I spent 23 hours to reach the Kyurens Den... And i would spend another 100 hours playing the next beta :P

We already have a prediction? :)

Thanks a lot for the beta 1... Its the best game ive ever played.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
I spent 23 hours to reach the Kyurens Den... And i would spend another 100 hours playing the next beta :P

We already have a prediction? :)

Thanks a lot for the beta 1... Its the best game ive ever played.

You can download the ips from the main post on this thread and play the completed hack.

XXVIII

Romhacker Wannabe
Years
prntscr.com/p0ntu how i skip this

It looks like a building but that's an entrance to the next town. Just walk at the center, there is no door but the warp is there.

Nice updates DRG, I am really enjoying your hack. Good luck to your next project.

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2016
Loving the game so far, its different. I gotta take on Brock but can't win against him so I'm training. :P

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2015
Hey DRG ! Where can i buy mushroom ?? Someone above told me it in pax but i can buy only heart scale here :-s

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Hey DRG ! Where can i buy mushroom ?? Someone above told me it in pax but i can buy only heart scale here :-s

Not sure actually lol, I'll look into it tomorrow. Anyone else find any mushrooms? I made sure all of the Pokemon learned their best moves leveling up so the move tutor isn't as important as he is in the original games.

Years
Quite a big update I saw. Congrats for that. By the way have you saw the screenie I posted earlier about that Gamer guy? Also I want to ask you about the move Dragon Claw of my Garchomp. I tried using Swords Dance with it but it's Attack damage remains the same...

Back