• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I added the new moves to the game, not replaced
I see, good job then.

I used old animations for the attacks because I'm still trying to figure out how to create new ones, since people are more focus on adding new moves in Fire Red than games like Ruby and Emerald.
You should be able to create new by researching the existing animations from UnLZ.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 3, 2014
What's the latest version of this ROM?
And where do I find it..

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 3, 2014
Thank you shy
When I load up the rom I get a white screen, I tried patching it with ruby as the base. What am I doing wrong?

~Shy

Excuse my grammar I'm Filipino
Years
Thank you shy
When I load up the rom I get a white screen, I tried patching it with ruby as the base. What am I doing wrong?

Hmmm try these method cause I know white screen problem is save type problem
If your using VBA (VisualBoyAdvance) go to Option -> Emulator -> Save Type -> select ✓Automatic and ✓Flash 128K make sure these are check mark

If that didn't work get a clean ROM Check the English version it will tell you what to search.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 3, 2014
Are you sure you're using a clean Ruby rom?
I'm using the Ruby ROM available at coolrom.com, should I use a different one?

It would be easier if someone just patched it and sent me the file ;-;
And then I'm confused if I load up the .IPS file or the .GBA file.. I figured it out once but I don't remember..

Ugh this is frustrating!

Last edited:

AlyoshaHacks

RS Hacker and Pokemon Fan
Years
  • Age 52
  • Seen Jan 3, 2014
Pokémon Light Platinum is none other than the best hack I have tried. Every year since it was made, it not only wins the HotY, but it remains the best Pokémon Hack ever created. Nice job, WesleyFG!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 3, 2014
Really loving this hack, it's so new and refreshing!

Problem.. I used the 'english version' on wesleyfg's site and some of the game is still in Spanish.. Not much but like when I talk to nurse joy she says most of it in Spanish, and some other times during the game too, how do I fix this?

~Shy

Excuse my grammar I'm Filipino
Years
Probably hes prepatched is not updated
Only way to fix it is you have to patched by yourself using lunar IPS

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Really loving this hack, it's so new and refreshing!

Problem.. I used the 'english version' on wesleyfg's site and some of the game is still in Spanish.. Not much but like when I talk to nurse joy she says most of it in Spanish, and some other times during the game too, how do I fix this?
Unfortunately, Wesley's website doesn't have the Final version...
It's in Snakebyte's signature.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 3, 2014
Would I be able to save my progress and update the game as well? I don't mind how it is now but it'd be nice. Can I still do it?

And my apologies for being a TOTAL noob.. But can someone help me patch it? When I use Lunar IPS I don't know which file to use on my emulator.. I thought it was supposed to create a new .GBA file and I was supposed to load up that, but I'm completley misinformed and confused..
Shoot me a PM if you're willing to help!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
i found a bug in your screen. i used walk thru walls (to find dis) in topright area of flamerny forest there is this thing that comes to you, and then turns the screen red.

and an aditional info i cant find seventh gym leader of zhery region. and i've checked icesnow mountain

Back