• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Replacing Fire Red tiles with RBY tiles in Advance Map

kringlur

Velkominn í heim POKéMON!
Years
How to make a tileset and insert tiles from RBY to Fire Red. Can easily be used for Gold/Silver/whatever too.

You'll need:
Photoshop
Advance Map
Paint

Spoiler:

If you have questions or improvements, please let me know! After I perfect my tilesets I'll post them here for download so no one else has to go through all the work.

Last edited:

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
Years
Sorry to ressurect this old thread but it's mysterious how this hasn't got any comments yet. It helped me a LOT and I hope that bumping this thread might get this thread more views :P
Sorry mods :P

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2012
Sorry to ressurect this old thread but it's mysterious how this hasn't got any comments yet. It helped me a LOT and I hope that bumping this thread might get this thread more views :P

Yeah, A comment hasn't popped up in a year lol. Anyway thanks for the tutorial kinglur

kringlur

Velkominn í heim POKéMON!
Years

Yeah, A comment hasn't popped up in a year lol. Anyway thanks for the tutorial kinglur

No problem! It's a mystery to me why there aren't more easy-to-follow tutorials and tutorials for tools, maybe I'm just too stupid for most of them. So when I found out I could do something no one had a tutorial on yet I decided to make one (when I reread it just now I realized it could have some more screenshots to make it easier...). I don't think I'll ever get the tileset things done/put up, because I forgot all about it and someone better than me was working on changing Fire Red to classic Red, so maybe they have better ones of those too.

geox123

"Can go all night" Philosopher
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Hey kringlur, do you think you could reupload your rby tilesetted fire red patch?

Back