• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you working towards?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
What sort of goals in your online or offline life are you working towards right now? They could be anything from getting good grades in school to saving up enough money to buy a new video game. Also things like forming a friendship or relationship with someone, getting picked for a job, whatever. Any goal which takes time and effort.

Icy Burn

Beginner Breeder | Kyurem W <3
Years
Getting more friends around here and becoming a Voice on the PC Pokemon Showdown Server

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Getting more friends around here and becoming a Voice on the PC Pokemon Showdown Server

Don't worry, if you stay active one of those goals will likely happen soon. ;)

But uhh for me online there's nothing real goals I have on PC at least considering I feel like I've done anything I've wanted to do. Overall, though, I do want to become the best ever at NU, to not be intimidated with Smogon and actually like get into everything there, which I'm kind of... trying at! Ummm... that's probably all? As for IRL, I want to be a successful journalist, who writes a lot of great articles without mistakes or typos, but there's nothing I can really do rn until I get a job, aaand being a good photographer too, which I'm kind of working on by taking photos and stuff. I want a DSLR so I can explore other options with photography. But otherwise that's about all, I'm pretty content with everything for now.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
One goal I have on PC is getting to know more of the regulars. I already have a decent amount of friends but nothing hurts to be friends with more people. I want to be friendlier on PC. Another PC goal is to become a 3 Tier Supporter or higher so I can have a blog and be a part of that VIP Supporter lounge. The supporter goal ties in with a real life goal of mine and that's to get a job. When I get a job I can open up a bank account ,and once I do that one of the first thing I'm gonna do is get a PayPal account. Then I can donate to PC and became a 3 Tier Supporter. Or someone can donate me one right now hint hint. I also have a goal of getting into a college.it took me a year in a half to even get a high school diploma but now I got one I'm determined to go on to college. At this point, it doesn't matter to me what college I go, as long as I get accepted somewhere. Even if it is a 2-year community college.

Another PC goal is to become a veteran here. I have along way too go (though I'm only 3 1/2 months away from hitting a year) but I'm thinking I'll be around in three years.

My Pico

Can I taste your whip cream?
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 13, 2012
Working on a novel yo. With me as the protagonist then become insta rich and have all the harem boys I want. That way I don't need effort but it takes time to write that stuff.

Years
My goals are mainly PC-related.

1. Becoming a PC Veteran, I'd have to wait until 2014 for that though and that's only if work doesn't make me leave.

2. Getting to know all the regulars, since I befriended so many of them and some barely talk to me.

3. Learn CSS skills so I can make cool signatures.

4. And contribute to the forum as much as possible.

EQUALSGAMER

Proud user of Garbodor
Years
On the internet I hope to become a popular youtuber, unfortunately I have been putting off writing scripts, getting footage, and arranging for partnerships so as to get footage from games I don't have. In irl I am developing a reletionship with some one. Irl... my god im turning into the stereotypical teenage girl.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Online I'm trying to make myself more known, both on here and on YouTube with my anime music videos (though that's been on hold recently due to computer issues).

IRL, I'm working to save enough to go to an upcoming anime convention and in the longer term, I'm looking to get myself moved back down to Charlotte, NC where I spent my college years (and had a great time) and get back together with old friends.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
Online: To master the art of making graphic pictures using CS Photoshop and displaying them in deviantart
Offline: To finish my college degree.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I will die of relief on December 17th. I quit work in less than two weeks, and the 17th is my last day for the semester. This semester has been unknowingly stressful for me, for academic reasons. Will be nice to have three weeks off of school u_u Right now it's mostly a waiting game and a matter of playing catch up in some classes I slacked off in.

Online, I really need to organize my bookmarks and my Pinterest.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Online; my only real goal right now online is to run a successful RP. I've got one in the works and it's getting great feedback so far, so I'm really excited to see how this goes. Otherwise I'd like to fully develop a site theme at some point, it's just the time it takes to get things perfect that's halting my progress haha.

Offline; I have two main goals offline. They may sound boring and sappy, but I think they're the two things that most people want: I want to succeed and I want to find love. In context, I want to get a high-level degree at university and go on to carry out vital pieces of research in the field of genetics or ecology; leaving an impact on the world in this way would be... wow. And of course, I want to find someone to be with and all that stuff, but that's the standard thing for most people haha.

von Weltschmerz

the first born unicorn
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
To be happy, of course. That is the ultimate goal. It can be achieved by many means. Either by changing yourself, or changing the world around you. I am opting for the latter on a very radical scale. So much so... that you could say my "goal" is to bring relevant political change to the world, namely the ever so delightful US of A.

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
Online, my goal is simply to have as much fun as I can on the communities that I frequent! Though due to my limited free time, that has dropped down to PC and just about another forum that I frequent quite a bit. Though generally, the bottom line is to have as much fun as possible while I remain active here on PC~

Offline, I'm working towards paying off my classes so I can continue my education towards my degree in both IT and Computer Programming! That and hopefully get my GPA up to about a 3.8 or a 3.9 or so(It's a 3.5 right now), so I hope that happens~

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I WANT TO BE INTERNET FAMOUS. PC IS GOOD BUT BIG FISH, SMALL POND MAN.

I don't think I have any current online goals to be honest. I like Internet validation more than is healthy, so I'd really like to start a blog and have it become really successful, but that's not necessarily something I'm working on right now. It's more of a dream than a goal :P

Offline, I want to make my new living situation work and basically become a real functioning adult. I've spent 22 years living at home learning nothing of how to take care of myself, so when I move out tomorrow it'll be a wonderful experiment for how I'll be in life :P

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
My current online goals are: start Necrum's challenge, make a legendary Pokemon club, donate more CSS shop templates, post more and get involved in more sections, and just hang out in general with friends of course.

My current life goals are: get good grades, learn how to cook and drive and pay bills and get my own place and guh real life is tricky, do an internship or study abroad, graduate from college in spring 2014, and get on with adulthood~

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
My goals in life as of now are:

1. Survive my first semester of college.
2. Buy a new DS before mine falls apart.
3. RNG the entire Pokedex
4. Reach 200 posts on PC.
5. Enjoy the holidays :D
6. I'll think of something else later to put here lol

Most of my life revolves around Pokemon since that's what I enjoy doing the most. I have all A's at the moment so I deserve a little break. :P

Reactions: EB

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
No online goals right now.

Offline goals:
Get better at art, animation, music, cosplay (this will always be ongoing, though the music is a new one)
Learn another language
Keep my relationship going strong
Save up for a downpayment on a house
Get fitter/ more in shape
Save money and plan a trip to Japan next year :3

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Grades. That's all I'm thinking about at the moment. Grades, then after that, graduating, then a proper job.

Back