• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The hardest ROM hack you played?

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
Of all hacks that had increased difficulty, what's the hardest hack that you ever played? Tell us on how you tried to adjust to it or your team. Have you raged on this somehow?

I'll answer my question later.

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Pokemon Shiny Gold got on my last nerve, I couldn't beat Carlos in New Bark Town or at the Pokemon League

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I think Pokemon Snakewood was quite difficult, even though I've only played that and Vega (but haven't made much progress in either)

On the general side, Sonic & Knuckles Master Edition is downright insane.

Master Xemnas

Seeker of Light
Years
Pokemon Shiny Gold X !
'Cause you have to fight against Carlos just after beating the Champion Lance at Pokemon League , with your almost all your pokemon KO xD

Last edited:

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
I don't see anywhere where this asks about a pokemon game, so I'd have to say Cool or Cruel. The creator of this hack must have hated humanity. Took me upwards of fifty hours with savestates to beat. I threw my controller at the wall because of how one level had to be beaten... Yeah... I'd even rank this harder than an I Wanna Be The Guy hack I played...

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Its Ruby Destiny - Life Of Guardians for me.The Final event was seriously hard.Enemies having lv.100 Legendary pokemon and battling the Ruby Destiny countless times was just frustrating.

And Snakewood comes close given its seriously high Lvs.

TheDeathBlow

The Hatched Egg
Years
Pokemon Shiny Gold X, it was nearly impossible for carlos in the beginning of the game. Level grinding is a must. if you arent the best pokemon trainer in the UNIVERSE its hard. I quit it at the 7th gym. Its a great game though.(I played the game for 52 HOURS)

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Hands down, hardest hack in history - Zelda Parallel Worlds. That game is pure hell and amazing for it. Heck, you don't even get the sword and shield NOR the ability to save until very late in the first dungeon! (The dungeon itself is already very challenging) Hidden mechanics such as seemingly locked doors that can't be opened, you walk through them, upgrading your sword is optional, (and can't even be done until AFTER one of the major bosses, while in the original game, you're required to have the Master Sword before that part) and the sheer challenge of the dungeons make this game unbelievably difficult!

I highly recommend this hack and prove just how hard it really is!

As for Pokemon games, I'd say Ruby Destiiny Life of Guardians provides quite a challenge. The Master 17, the final bosses, and generally the overall game is nice enough to never be too easy for you. Also Light Platinum is very well balanced and can be quite difficult if you choose to avoid trainers and/or level just the starter. Trust me, you really want to be balanced in that game.

Back