• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DuoSpecies Challenge: New and Improved!

bilzandpap

Who DOESN'T love Conkeldurr???
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2019
I've just Revived (kind of successfully) the Trio-Species challenge. Now I'm going to revive a very, very similar challenge -- the DuoSpecies challenge!

First off, I don't remember all the rules, but the basic one is:

YOU MUST COMPLETE THE GAME WITH 2 POKEMON.

That's pretty much it. You get to pick the two Pokemon that you want, and then you progress through the game using only these two Pokemon.

Other rules:
  • HM slaves are allowed, but, as usual, can't be used in battle unless completely necessary.
  • Hacking/trading in Pokemon at or below Lv. 10 is allowed, just no perfect IV's, illegal moves/abilities, etc. You get to pick the 2 Pokemon you use, so it's only fair that you be allowed obtain them early on.
  • However, no legendaries.
  • Your two Pokemon must be of different species. It's called the Duo-Species Challenge, after all.
  • No 2 Pokemon of the same type (optional)
  • You can hack in a Shiny Pokemon if you want one or more of your team members to be shiny.
  • Your challenge is over when the credits roll for the first time.
  • You can do an Ultimate Challenge, where you use the same 2 Pokemon for one game from each generation. This means that your team has to be made up of all Gen I Pokemon, though, or Gen 1-3 if you're going to play Kanto and Johto in FR/LG and HG/SS ;)

That's all I can think of right now, but I'll edit this if something comes up.

Here's the sign up sheet:
Spoiler:

And here's my sign up:
Spoiler:

Challengers:
Spoiler:

Champions:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
GAME YOU WILL BE PLAYING: Soul silver (Cuz cyndaquil)
POKEMON YOU WILL BE USING: Cyndaquil, Dratini
Ill be soloing until i reach goldenrod city, Then i can buy dratini once i win enough in the arcade.

Emakrul

To Hell and Back
Years
  • Age 30
  • yes
  • Seen Jun 6, 2016
Update: I started my game and named cyndaquil jack-jack. Beat rival easy. Flew through sprout tower. Took a break and lost data.
I started again, named cyndaquil pro. Dragn lost data just after Beating my rival

I started again. Named cyndaquil eddy. Beat sprout tower. Beat faulkner. Caught fluffy, and named her Elva. Routed slowpoke well. Beat bugsy.

Quilava: eddy
Lvl. 20

Flaafy: elva
Lvl 20

PhoenixWright77

Pokémaster Attorney
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2015
Username: PhoenixWright77
GAME YOU WILL BE PLAYING: Black 2
POKEMON YOU WILL BE USING: Houndoom and Golurk

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2017
GAME YOU WILL BE PLAYING: Heart Gold
POKEMON YOU WILL BE USING: Tyranitar and Gardevior
I will make ralts catchable and larvitar a starter

Emakrul

To Hell and Back
Years
  • Age 30
  • yes
  • Seen Jun 6, 2016
Update: beat that guy on the island gym. And the chick with the ampharos (uses a steelix in battle though) and morty. Now I'm in the big old cave looking for the guy with the tyrogue egg.

Back