• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fusion evolution...

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

since we already have the ZeKyuRe fusion introduced, and even Gen I's classic Shellder -> Slowpoke -> Slowbro is considered as it as well. Magnemite also evolve into Magneton when they gather together. Shelmet and Karrablast even have the same idea when trading them over....

...do you think we're (officially) gonna get this type of evolution soon? And by official, i mean actually being given certain procedures to produce a fusion evolution (e.g train two Pokemon to this level and breed them together) for more than one evolution line -- and not through events, but by normal training.

Insights? Objections? gripes and fears?

Personally, I'm really looking forward to it because it sounds like breather from all the current twisty evolution trees... just hoping that the results aren't as ridiculous as the VenuToise joke in the anime.

Last edited:
Years
I was thinking about being able to use the DNA splicer on any pokémon the other day, obviously that would be a step too far, but it could be pretty funny.

Of the ideas you proposed, I like the idea of two different species breeding to produce a new pokémon. It could be similar to some real life species such as mules.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I don't see it happening...but it'd be interesting if it did. As long as they didn't alter it so you needed a Shellder / Cloyster to evolve your Slowpoke - that'd just ruin it, I personally evolve them by the sea to settle my own logic doubts xD

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

I don't see it happening...but it'd be interesting if it did. As long as they didn't alter it so you needed a Shellder / Cloyster to evolve your Slowpoke - that'd just ruin it, I personally evolve them by the sea to settle my own logic doubts xD

Well, just to cite a deeper insight, take Scyther for example. He evolves if you trade him over with Metal Coat. With this logic, he "fuses" with the (item) metal coat and evolves. Of course, the theory is that this could also work between pokemon (and the few pokemon-pokemon examples i've given are evidence that it is possible).

I've also imagined eevee + "mysterious rock pokemon" producing a new, unique, eevolution. Imagine CRUSTLE, but instead, it has mysterious crystals growing on it's back. Possibly even more than one "kind" (imagine Deerling/Sawsbuck) depending on it's location. Knowing that EEVEE has very unstable genes, a touch on that pokemon could impose that, say, a new rock-type eevolution is possible, even though it wouldn't have made sense in previous GENs. This type of fusion evolution is one-sided though - and that means that the other pokemon doesn't undertake any evolution itself.

I've always wondered if Solrock and Lunatone also could've acted the same way -- the way sunstones and moonstones are, and evolved Nidorinos, Delcatties, etc on touch. But i guess Lunatone isn't really a rock from the moon, and likewise for Solrock. So yeah, a "mysterious rock pokemon" would be perfect to introduce the new system.

I guess what i'm saying is.. it's already happening, but it isn't a fully-developed system just yet.. ZeKyuRe, Shelmet/Karrab, etc won't be the end of it. We'll be seeing more of these fusions, for sure. But who knows if they will be made as an entirely new system or simply just isolated conditions for only a few selected as they are now.

Last edited:

bashau

Distinct Phantom
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2022
i would to use dna splicer on that are simler like weedle and carterpie

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

i would to use dna splicer on that are simler like weedle and carterpie
Take note that i'm not talking about the pokemon themselves, but fusion as a new evolution system.

I'm very sure we could talk about what fused pokemon would look like, but i didn't bring up this topic for that. DNAsplicer is just a tool to mix up the looks of pokemon -- it doesn't tell us how those pokemon fusion-evolved into that form.

But anyway, if you meant that some kind of "DNAsplicer device" would be officially made for in-game pokemon (possibly something like what bill created in Gen1; He successfully fused with a pokemon, after all), then maybe that's possible.

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2013
the pokemon beldum comes to mind. the pokedex says that metang is 2 beldum and metagross is 2 metang.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Slowbro: Obtained after your slowpoke defeats a shellder found through fishing
Slowking: Same, but while Slowpoke holds King Rock
Magneton: Obtained when Magnemite reaches lv30 in a Magnemite-filled area. This could be because it's EM waves would be strong enough to attract the weaker ones in the area to fuse with it.
Metang/Metagross: Meh...

Just throwing out possible ideas out there, for alternatives to having to catch them. Something similar worth pointing out: Mantyke evolves into Mantine when you have Remoraid on your team, even though Remoraid is not consumed.

Back