• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Valued Pokemon?

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Oh, how I love my Terrakion. After that it's Hippowdon, then Conkeldurr.

cartercr

Sour Kangaroo's best friend!
Years
Can't believe Excadrill wasn't even mentioned. Maybe everyone is just too annoyed with how well it works...

Anywho, my MVP is definitely Scarf Jirachi. Iron Head will destroy almost anything with its 60% flinch rate, and with all three elemental punches under its belt, there is little that can avoid being hit super effectively with proper prediction (not to mention a 20% chance to freeze, burn, or paralyze respectively.)

flamehaze94

Jeste!
Years
@cartercr: ScarfRachi is pretty decent, but the lack of power makes it kinda hard to kill something with flinch hax or super effective hits. ThunderPunch is pretty useless outside of Gyarados since other Water-types like Jellicent take a pittance from it anyway. I'd much prefer Trick to screw over Skarmory or something.

I think Scarf Abomasnow is pretty neat, especially when you need a weather check and none of your other members need to rely on Hail. Fast STAB Blizzards are admittedly very spammable that sometimes I wish I had more than just 8PP. SR can be played around, but it's still kinda annoying.

Super Red

Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 5, 2011
Blaziken. It is the strongest pokemon I've ever had.

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2011
I love reuniclus as well, I gave mine Acid Armor and Calm Mind;, although it gets walled by dark types since I gave it Recover over Focus Blast, team preview makes it a massive threat. At one point he even stopped a +4 Gliscor sweep (lol) by surviving an earthquake, acid armoring with the sitrus berry, and then walling it.
Scolipede's speed helps it revenge kill stuff like the Lati twins. Although scolipede isn't that great, I still love using him on my teams.
I sashed mine so, on the off chance that rocks aren't up, it can even check stuff like Volcarona with Rock Slide.

Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Enthusiast
Years
All fails against the wonders of my almighty Miss. Jumpluff.
Toxic Bounce Leech Seed and Attract.
Not very effective competitively, I'm sure -
But when I went to the Elite Four in HG and my team was up against them dragons and they were so bulky that none of my pokemon stood a chance and they all died -
Super speed Jumpluff comes to the rescue!

Toxic and Leech Seed go for the gusto after an Attract- then Bounce as a "protect+attack" attack to boost toxic and continue the sapping. Poison or steel? Naddaproblem just bounce 'em and you get the paralysis boost anyway.

This is a very nostalgic moveset for me, though now i'm sort of considering tinker-toying with it so I can perfect my favorite grass pokemon for the Wifi.

However, when I was 8 years old I had pokemon yellow. All I know is that I had the mightiest Starmie that ever existed. It took down everything in the elite four without fail and was the strongest pokemon of all time. Then one day I went home after leaving my gameboy next to the window to find that the internal battery melted and that Starmie was dead. Forever. So I cried. A lot. RIP Starmie.

Snorelacks

Except maybe Bulky Technician Scizor...

Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2014
Easy.

Gungnir, My SL Cloyster. He has crushed so many Cookie Cutter Pokemon its not even funny anymore....ok, thats a Lie, its still fun. His K/D ratio is the highest in my battle boxes.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
My shiny excadrill is an animal. I personally can't believe I'm the first to mention the beast lmao. One swords dance coming off a sand rush speed boost courtesy of tyranitar annihilates just about anything in its way, plus the air balloon protects him from EQ.

What more could you want? Hahaha

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I've been relying pretty heavily on my Dragonite recently. And with Multiscale, it can actually take it. Over time, DNite has become one of my most valuable Pokemon on my team.

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2016
Slowking (period)
water covers ice,
ice covers water,
same with psychic
and dark

psychomew2

Rank 1: Otsdarva
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 5, 2014
I would have to say my porygon z. Even if it isnt the greatest competitively speaking, its still quite a beast when download boosts its special attack and with a choice scarf boosting its speed. It was probably my favorite sweeper in gen 4.

Ingo

Fire Breather Dick
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2013
I hate all people who use legendaries online or in a team. Its cheap, and basically cheating, since beat up terrakion is the cheapest one out there, and its hard to take them out without legendary stats. Also anyone who uses drizzle politoed, I don't hate them as much, but still. Along with people who us every single pseudo legendaries on their team, its cheap and not fighting fair. And then those who do that and rage quit after, through all odds, I win. That's just stupid.
That out of the way, my MVP would have to be Porygon2. Not good attacking stats, but its defenses are great, combined with eviolite and recover, and you have something that won't die anything short of a high powered super power/close combat.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
I hate all people who use legendaries online or in a team. Its cheap, and basically cheating, since beat up terrakion is the cheapest one out there, and its hard to take them out without legendary stats. Also anyone who uses drizzle politoed, I don't hate them as much, but still. Along with people who us every single pseudo legendaries on their team, its cheap and not fighting fair. And then those who do that and rage quit after, through all odds, I win. That's just stupid.
That out of the way, my MVP would have to be Porygon2. Not good attacking stats, but its defenses are great, combined with eviolite and recover, and you have something that won't die anything short of a high powered super power/close combat.

How are legendaries cheap ? Elaborate. Most of them are weaker than standard OU Pokemon. For example, Terrakion is the definition of "priority weak" (sup Conkeldurr, Scizor, Lucario, Azumarril etc). Its also pooped upon by bulky psychics like Slowbro, Mew etc and struggles with things like Gliscor. -_-

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
Years
My team changes around a lot, since I don't use the Lv. 100 pokemon in my signature. Right now, my Jolteon kicks major butt. There really isnt anything special about him except his speed and his killer accuracy. He almost never misses with thunder.

Back