• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Astra: v2.0 (Recruiting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years

Join us, Team Astra!

This is an application thread for Team Astra. Originally, we had a leader named Edwardo, but he had to leave and abandon the project. He left me and my friend Outkin in charge of carrying on with the project, hence why this is version 2.0. Here is the base that edwardo put down for us to go off of.
LINK TO OLD TEAM ASTRA THREAD.

This thread is to try and get myself a team of people to help me create a ROM hack that I have been meaning to create, but unfortunately have very little knowledge of what to do. The ROM hack name is 'Pokemon Day' and a counterpart, 'Pokemon Night'. Thank you if you can help and you decide to join me on my quest. Also, if these hacks exceed an expectation I have created, this group may also create a bonus third game (Like Yellow, Crystal, Emerald and Platinum). The name of this bonus game is in flux, but I was thinking along the lines of 'Pokemon Eclipse'. The hacks will only be put up on PokéCommunity after certain creation milestones have been reached. It will also be put up when fully complete.

LIST OF ROLES NEEDED:
Tiler - Can create Tilesets for use of Mappers. (VERY URGENT)
Spriter - Can create good-quality sprites from scratch. (Less Urgent)
TitleEditor - Edits the title screen, 'nuff said. (Somewhat Urgent)
Scripter - Does all the scripting for the game.(Somewhat Urgent)
PokémonCreator - Creates all the info for the Pokémon. Egg group, EXP. group, attacks, etc. (Somewhat Urgent)
Tester - Beta tests the game so far for anything that doesn't look Pokemon enough, and for errors.(Somewhat Urgent)
TextEditor - Edits and creates all text and dialogue in game. (Urgent)
MusicEditor - Creates and edits the music in the game. (Urgent)
[IF YOU THINK THERE NEEDS TO BE ANOTHER ROLE, PLEASE LEAVE A REPLY TO THIS THREAD]

APPLICATION FORM:

Name: (Username to use for credits of game(s))
Skill(s): (Mapping, Scripting, Spriting, etc)
Main role:
Past experience: (What have you done before (proof is not needed, but that doesn't mean you can lie to me))
Contact Information: (E-mail or MSN only)
Time Zone: (So I know who can work when, and if I can get hold of someone)
Other: (Add anything else you feel is relevant here)

YOU MUST FILL OUT A FORM TO JOIN THE TEAM. NO EXCEPTIONS!

Current Projects!
Pokemon Day & Pokemon Night:
It is based around the primary antagonistic group (Team Astra (name is subject to change at any time)) trying to gain control of two legendary Pokemon. One controls the sun, while the other controls the moon. Said Pokemon get captured near end, world goes into chaos for a while (a few hours or so) before you release said legendaries from evil guys, and world is restored.(Story will continue from here, but the rest is optional. After you release the aforementioned legendaries, you can go on to defeat Elite Four and successfully 'complete' the game. Other stuff afterward will be bonus story, kinda llike Pokemon Black and White)
MOST POKEMON IN THIS HACK WILL BE FAKEMON! Maybe all of them, but I may include certain mascot Pokémon such as Pikachu and Eevee (plus evolutions obviously). Due to this, very few (maybe none) of the Fakémon will be an evo/pre-evo of an existing one.

Oh and before I forget, this is a hack of FireRed. Thanks for reading all of this!

Current Team:
Outkin - Mapper
Cosmotone8 - TrainerSpriter, Spriter
Cyru- Scripter
mineox100 - Concept Artist, Spriter
kobusnetten - Tester
Иιио- Spriter
edwardo999-Tester
Zerkrom The Hedgehog- Character Developer
Pokehacker1- Mapper
tajaros- Scripter
Ark_Silvanos - Spriter
Imathron - Scripter, Banners
nobo71 - Mapper
SnakeJynx - Spriter
Haxofreak - Scripter
Da Epic Trainer - Tester
M.L - Tiler/Mapper
DaEpicTrainer

My form:
Name: Cosmotone8
Skill(s): Spriting, though mostly for sprites of people, not so much Pokemon.
Main role(s):Spriter
Past experience: I have been doing sprites for about a year now, but have not been on any teams
Contact Information: PM me. I check that more than my e-mail anyway XD
Time Zone: Eastern
Other: Nothing really that I can think of. Feel free to ask questions​

Some of Our Work
Spoiler:

More coming soon!

Miscellaneous Information
Spoiler:

PM me if you are a mapper... I believe I have finally gotten things sorted out.

WE NEED A TILER! IF YOU ARE A TILER OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO IS, PLEASE TALK TO ME!

Last edited:

mineox100

Hey.
Years
Name: mineox100
Skill(s): Pokemon Info Editor, mapping, spriting
Main role: Pokemon Info Editor, maybe spriting
Past experience: Edit lots of info, sprite a lot, map a lot.
Contact Information: PM, you guys know my e-mail
Time Zone: -5
Other: Nope

No need for Userbars and banners...

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
Years
Good job with the page :P

I know we didn't have many, if any, but this is also a good way to purge any inactive members we may have had, bonus.

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2012
Name: Kobus Netten
Skill(s): Thinking and Testing
Main role: Testing and Thinking
Past experience: Tested alot of beta's
Contact Information: [email protected]
Time Zone: I live in amsterdam so i thought it was +1
Other: Nothing,.

Иιио

♥ Soy una dulzura
Years
Well here I come
Name: Иιио // Nino
Skill(s): Sprite principally and I can help with other things xD
Main role: Spriter and helping? xD
Past experience: Well, help make the sprites rpg my ex-boyfriend and help testing it a little, play. I have a comic on another forum and a shop, so I have experience in making good sprites and nothing more xD
Contact Information: [email protected] , but do not be afraid if I speak in Spanish (?
Time Zone: Let's see, mainly at night on Saturdays, Sundays, Mondays, Wednesday and Friday afternoon. And UTC -3
Other: Um soy bonita (? I can serve as a translator from English to Spanish, if you need it

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Welcome to the team!

Here is a refresh on the Gym Types. Anything that has (NEW!) next to it has some new material of any kind.
Bug
Ice
Flying- 3/4 Done
Spoiler:

Fire- 3/4 Done
Spoiler:

Grass-3/4 Done
Spoiler:

Ground
Dark- Half Done (NEW!)
Spoiler:

Poison- Done (NEW!)