• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Opal Version

ajroxx

Mantyke and Piplup Are Pownage
Years
View attachment 51552

This is my game I'm making called Pokemon Opal.

View attachment 51553

This is Rosewind Town which is the starting town.

1. Your House

2. Lab (Can Someone Help Me Think Of A Name For The Prof.?)

3. Rival's House

4. After Getting HM Cut and Badge 3 cut down and get the item, Stone Plate

Please post comments to tell me where I need to improve.
I may not be very good at this beceause I am only 11.
Thanks
icon6.gif

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
hehehe!
My scripter notified me someone had a game with the same name.. XD
You'll probably need to change it to move it into the Game Dev Forum.
All I can say is that you'll need to learn how to make graphics. I suggest pixel art, it's fairly easy after you do it often.
Besides that, you'll need a story to go any further.

Good luck.

ajroxx

Years
thanks
sorry i didnt know yours was called opal
I'm still working on the story plot

ajroxx

Years
More On Game

Hi!

I still have no story plot but i have made alot of new places. Oh and by the way this is the Tylox Region.

View attachment 51568

This is Route 1.

1. After getting HM Cut and badge 3 get this item, Revive.

View attachment 51563

The first gym town! It is unnacsessible until you visit poke park so come back later.

1. Poke Mart. At the moment only sells Potions, Repels and Pokeballs. I'll add inside image later.

2. Pokemon Center. I'll add inside image later.

3. Gumnut Town Gym: Grass Type, Leader Frank. I'll add inside image later. I will also add images of the leader as well.

View attachment 51565

Poke Park is like Amity Square in D/P/Plt except u can walk with anyone. There is a playground there that acts as a daycare.

View attachment 51566

Sorry there is actually meant to be trainers there i dont really know how to make them, like sprites and that.

View attachment 51567

Again, there is trainers, actually 3.
Post more later, maybe even starter sprites, c u!

ajroxx

Years
Mt. Alpha

Hi!

View attachment 51569

This is Mt. Alpha, which later in the game is where you catch the game's legendary

1. You will see your Rival standing near these two fossils. He will get the one you dont get. They are both rock/ground types. He'll battle you after that!

2. Camper Lucas and Hiker Bob's Tent. They each give you an item Bob = Everstone. Lucas = Nugget.

3. Secret Tyre Entrance Locked Now

Nearly done starter sprites! C U

Last edited:

ajroxx

Years
Story Plot:
You are an 11 year old trainer and for your birthday you get a pokemon from the prof. He will give you and your friend a choice of one each.

Grass = Pigletty the Tiny Piglett Pokemon
Water = Clamilly the Oyster Clam Pokemon
Fire = Turtcluster the Ember Turtle Pokemon

After getting one you go home and fall asleep on the couch. Then you dream about a future event of you being watched by two people. The one in white claims that they are the good one called Team Lightness and the one in black says that they will take over the world and they are team Darkness. They aproach you then the title screen starts up.

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
Years
Don't get mad at me for this, but you're graphics are, well, unprofessional.

I'm not a good artist either, but you might want to stick to mapping or something else instead of making graphics, because like I said before, you're graphics aren't very good.

All CC aside, your game could be very good if you're devoted to making it. You can improve your game further by making a better plot. You have an endless number of possibilities for your story! :)

ajroxx

Years
Ornamental Forest

View attachment 51578

This is ornamental forest.

1. Pokemon Statue. It will look as if it is straing at you. Press A on it and you will get a glass flute, a new type of flute that sharply raises the your pokemon's Sp. Att and Attack and Sharply lowers the foes Sp. Def and Defence.

2. Techical Machine Grass Knot

3. After getting badge 3 and HM Cut obtain the hidden TM Swords Dance

ajroxx

Years

Don't get mad at me for this, but you're graphics are, well, unprofessional.

I'm not a good artist either, but you might want to stick to mapping or something else instead of making graphics, because like I said before, you're graphics aren't very good.

All CC aside, your game could be very good if you're devoted to making it. You can improve your game further by making a better plot. You have an endless number of possibilities for your story! :)

Thanks. I am really bad at graphics i have to admit. But I'm only 11 so don't expect too much out of me. I will take your advice and add thurther explanation to my Plot. C U.

ajroxx

Years
You 2nd and 3rd Pokemon look like Gastly and Umbreon. Are they supposed to be related to them in some way?

Thanks! I was hoping you would notice. Its not meant to looke like umbreon but the other one was inspired by gastly. It wasn't meant to look to much like Gastly but it is inspired by Gastly

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
For once a 11 year old without an attitude!! -shudders at a certain thought of one-

You seem pretty up to it. I'll tell you this - many people here on the forum will not finish their game. So PLEASE don't let the difficulty drive you crazy. Some people try for one week hoping it will be a revolution and then give up becasuse.. well.. usually, they don't have time or just are too lazy and can't be very observant to such errors in the games.

If you complete it.. THAT would be a revolution. XD Please try your hardest!
I'm glad you know how to accept critique. I look forward to seeing where you'll get!

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
Just adding onto what Nyu here said.

The best way to learn is often by doing. When I had my first attempt to make a game, it was pretty bad, but I got most of the way through it before I looked back on it to see how bad it was. I then stopped and tried to join higher quality projects (all failed, but I learned quite a bit from them). They were great for me. I learned so much from the experiences.

Like Nyu said, most games will not be completed. But here's my suggestion for you: Try to finish this project. Do everything by yourself, and learn. When starting a new part of development, you should ask questions on if you are going about doing it right.

ajroxx

Years
For once a 11 year old without an attitude!! -shudders at a certain thought of one-

You seem pretty up to it. I'll tell you this - many people here on the forum will not finish their game. So PLEASE don't let the difficulty drive you crazy. Some people try for one week hoping it will be a revolution and then give up becasuse.. well.. usually, they don't have time or just are too lazy and can't be very observant to such errors in the games.

I'm glad you know how to accept critique. I look forward to seeing where you'll get!

so far actually no difficulties
the towns andd routes are actually really easy!

ajroxx

Years

so far actually no difficulties
the towns routes and cities are easy

View attachment 51601

this took like 5 - 10 minutes!

Back