• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon's Emotional Depth

Status
Not open for further replies.

TEAM BLUE

Friendly Trainer
Years
I love the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series!!!XD Although I Do think that all the games end kind of sad...:( Well until you come back of course.:)

Although I Know everyone could agree that in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers Of Sky the special episode "Igglybuff The Prodigy" is VERY sad...Made me cry...:(
Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I agree, this game actually does pull your heartstrings a bit. I mean, it's no Mother 3; I wasn't BAWLING at the end, but it did give me that weird fuzzy "I think I'm going to cry" feeling.

WasSollDas

Fighting / Psychic ROOLZ!
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 8, 2016
Yeah, this game is definitely much sad more emotional (I guess) than the other Pkmn games. I think it's because in the game, you are actually the pokemon; you can actually experience how these creatures felt when they depart and etc.

But, for some reason, I never cried while playing a MD game......Maybe I should take my DS out and play it one more time ^^;;

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2012
Its really emotionally deep
i cried on both the ending of blue rescue team and explorers of darkness
I wish they could make a regular pokemon game with as much emotion and interesting plot that would be the ultimate pokemon game

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2012
Funny story bout that. When playing Explorers of Darkness, I cried at the end when I started to disappear. I thought the game ended there, so I turned off my game and pretended like I never played. Like I erased my file and everything. Then, when I was on another forum, I saw what happened at the end and played it all over again...I still cried

MagikarpFTW

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Age 26
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 27, 2012
I have to admit when I completed the first ending on my Red Rescue Team it was actually sad and it made me feel sad even though I'm not one of those people who get that sad about things like video games. Explorers of Sky was also a bit as well just that it didn't have the same effect on me as the last one as much but it still was a sad moment.

fuz

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2012
I liked MD because you really were the Pokemon. I felt for my team, I thought it was really cute how all your Pokemon were friends too.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2015
I'll be honest, after beating Primal-Dialga, I was bawling. It was so sad!! And after beating Rayquaza in first PMD.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
I'm a guy, and currently serving in the Army, and I'll admit it made me want to cry. That's why these games were so great though. They were the only pokemon games that had a touching storyline. I surely hope they make more of these games! I would hate to see this series end D:

SilentShadow

Agent of Mystery
Years
During the first game I never cried, though I still found the ending really sad.

Mystery Dungeon 2 was much worse. [Event In Spoilers]
Spoiler:

That event gave me nightmares for weeks. Whenever I played though it I would always have to play another game to take my mind off it. Whenever a game with the 'evil dark villain' shows up, I get scared.

The next one was [Event in Spoiler]
Spoiler:

This event made me cry so much when I first went through it, the character depth he had reminded me of myself. For him to make a move such as bold, and after everything he went though, tears flooded my eyes.

I played Sky recently, went through the same event... I was still teary eyed

Frazzevous

Impulsive lil' kitty
Years
When I first played PMD 1 and 2, I cried when the hero and partner began to separate. I think I still did when I restarted with Sky... those games were quite emotional, all right.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
Alright, I am not the only one who thinks PMD is deeper than the "gotta catch 'em all" tradition!

If I had to pick a part out of the whole game in PMD 2: EoD that was deeply moving, it's at the following part. Note: I copied from Wikipedia because I beat the story awhile ago, but forgot some core elements. I only remembered some parts.
Spoiler:

Lastly, my most favorite part about the game besides it's story was the music. Especially at the part...
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2013
The music is key. If they played the happy, adventurous stuff like the mainstreams, it'd lose a lot of it's built up emotion. Also, the fact that the pokemon can talk and communicate for once immediately gives them depth and personality, and you therefore actually care about them.

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2014
PMD is one of those games that you'll remenber forever, last time I actually finished a pokemon game (or even got involved with something pokemon related) was when I finished Pokemon Black & White, back in 2010, and now I came across a youtube video about PMD and dam... had to look up if there was any new games :\, normal pokemon games don't really interest me that much, but this sort of games, games that will make you think about life... are just those that no one can miss out on.

And yes, a couple tears came to my eyes during the end of all the games, and even now as I'm writing this, I remenber the days, oh... will have to play it again soon... really soon... T_T.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
The music is key. If they played the happy, adventurous stuff like the mainstreams, it'd lose a lot of it's built up emotion. Also, the fact that the pokemon can talk and communicate for once immediately gives them depth and personality, and you therefore actually care about them.

This. I also think that the music is the key, as the producers managed to find just the right music per scene, especially those special effects (like the light glowing at the end of PMD1)

8bitSilence

"I HAVE FURY!"
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
PMD 2 had a very emotional story. It was one of the only games that seriously brought tears to my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back