• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Blue Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Patience is a virtue. Luka is doing this for fun. He doesn't have to listen to you guys telling him to get the demo out. For all he cares, he doesn't even have to release it.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Once all the bugs are gone and I extended the game a bit, I will release a demo. I'm currently very very busy with scripting because the dual screen controls can't be implemented into events, so I have to write a script for each event that I want the dual screen function in (such as the intro). Also I'm scripting the Pokegear from scratch since it is an RMXP scene which doesn't allow it to have the functions I want.
capture025.png

Game Development is still going. And the screenshot explains what I mean. If I want to import mouse functions into an event (like the intro), I have to script that event. Here is the Gender Selection screen. When you hover over the character, its opacity becomes 100% and when you click it, you select your gender (which I couldn't do with normal events, so I had to script it)

Last edited:

Freak A

Back !!!
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2013
hey in the mapper banner it looks like swellow is about to ambush and prey on tht guy

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I don't know if I should release the new screenshots or just keep it a secret for now so that people have more to look forward for the demo. But still want to show some screens that Game Development is going on. I've done some remapping today and here is a sneak preview of the new Cerulean City.
capture026.png
capture027.png
capture028.png

I've also been trying to keep up with HG SS so here is my Cherrygrove City (credit for the new houses goes to C.N.C for his HGSS tiles)
capture029c.png

I also want to add that I'm flattered that this game has inspired people :D

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
I'm looking forward to your demo.
Make sure to send me a VM (Visitor Message) so I don't miss it.

I think you should brighten up the building in the second screenshot. It's stands out as not being part of the new tileset and doesn't suit it. Just open it up in paint and use colors from the newer buildings.
Oh and the sprite on the top half of the intro screen looks tiny and badly jpeged - but I'm assuming that is a minimizing pic code you put in right?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
I'm looking forward to your demo.
Make sure to send me a VM (Visitor Message) so I don't miss it.

I think you should brighten up the building in the second screenshot. It's stands out as not being part of the new tileset and doesn't suit it. Just open it up in paint and use colors from the newer buildings.
Oh and the sprite on the top half of the intro screen looks tiny and badly jpeged - but I'm assuming that is a minimizing pic code you put in right?
If you're talking about the icon in the top left hand corner of the bottom screen, its the logo for SoftwareClick.

bluejays

Novice Trainer
Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
Im still hoping for something like plastic surgery =3 so we can change our sprite to a pokemon version we liked more such as the SS/HG| R/B/Y| R/S/E sprited and also maybe sprites u make up yurself it would make it just as realistic or even mroe with the hunger / tired / travel system and also it would make going through the other regions feel more sentimental =P. Maybe even add a hair cut place?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Im still hoping for something like plastic surgery =3 so we can change our sprite to a pokemon version we liked more such as the SS/HG| R/B/Y| R/S/E sprited and also maybe sprites u make up yurself it would make it just as realistic
You do realize that would require a modification to each and every regular, running, biking, surfing and diving sprite for each character don't you? Its a tough job when it comes to customization.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
You do realize that would require a modification to each and every regular, running, biking, surfing and diving sprite for each character don't you? Its a tough job when it comes to customization.

Not to mention a whole new set of scripting that would allow the change of the character, and clothes and stuff like that. I just don't think I'm keen on spending all my time on just finding different sprites and implementing them into my game. I guess I'm just too lazy to do that for now.

H-King

Elite Four Will Fan
Years
  • Age 30
  • Home
  • Seen Nov 4, 2012
When this game is finished, will you let people download it onto their computers from pokecommunity? i really want to play this game. it looks awsome.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
No I'm not. I mean the trainer sprite- Lucas - on the top screen - is in a bad way.
Very jpeged, and badly loosing it's colour because of it.

The hero sprites are only temporary, which means that the resolution of the sprites will be better.

Also I've added a new function to the Trainer Card. Once you get a badge, if you click on it, your Trainer Card will be swapped by a Gym Card that displays information about the gym leader. All gym leaders will be involved in the plot of the game, so the more you advance, the more information you get about them.
capture030.png
capture031.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 9, 2010
Wow very nice =D I like Misty's new look ^^

EDIT: Isn't her badge called "Cascade Badge" or something like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back