• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Thread updated through post #1461.

Ultimate Water Monotype: Blue Version

So, after beating Koga, I went out and surfed my way to Cinnabar Island to get my Omanyte, which I named Cthulhu. After that, I surfed to Seafoam Islands and caught a Dewgong, which I named Aurora, filling out the rest of my team. I then flew back to Fuchsia City, and made my way along the Eastern side of Kanto. Once my Omanyte reached lvl 35, I pumped my remaining 5 Rare Candies into him to evolve him into an Omastar. I decided to let Wartortle evolve, rather than waiting for Hydro Pump, since it was longer than I originally thought to learn.

After I cleared out the Eastern routes, I scaled Silph Co, which I have down pretty well by now, so it wasn't too annoying. My Rival and Giovanni weren't that hard, unlike my Bug mono where I couldn't beat my Rival's starter to save my life. Then I went to the Gym and beat Sabrina. Luckily, I have some good physical attackers, and was high enough level to out speed her. Piece of cake.

Team:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
It's been a while since I updated, mainly due to me replaying through Fire Emblem games, right now Shadow Dragon.
I also lost my Expert Emerald pictures cleaning up my computer, I realized after deleting the recycle bin. FML

Anyways, I still have the file, so I re-took the pics, so here they are as promised from my last update, Steven was a lot tougher than I thought, my team was all level 100 and I still had trouble.

Spoiler:

I have 7 badges in Prestigious Platinum, but I'll wait to take pictures until after I beat it.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Username: [Supporter]NecrumWarrior[/Supporter]
Type: Ground
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): Ruby for now

I know I have a million challenges, but I've never done one in Hoenn before and wanted to get one going. Ground sounded like the good type to do. I picked Mudkip, and named it Kip (real original). I managed to get all the way to beating Roxanne, and Kip evolved.

Team:
Spoiler:

ShinyHoundoom

Houndoom Fan
Years
Well it's been a while since I've updated on my Fire Mono Run, well I haven't been playing the game in a while, but I picked it back up and started to play it a bit today. Got quite a bit done.

Spoiler:

Badge count 6/8

Team:
Spoiler:

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
Years
Username: ゲンガー
Type: Electic
Challenge: Single (for now)
Game(s): Black 2 ~

Thought long and hard about it and thought I might just try a monotype challenge, with a type I hardly use~

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
^
Sees his cat signature
(facepalm)

Long time no see! Sorry I haven't been active the past month or so, I got into a little trouble, and as a result, lost my privileges for about a month. But, I'm back, and better than ever. Also, in my Electric run, I have a little problem. I had that Chinchou from February, but I couldn't evolve it because it was not part of the Regional Dex. Since the rules state that I can trade of cheat just for the sake of evolving, I tried to combine a bunch of codes to catch a wild Lanturn at Level 29 (the level of my Chinchou), and the result was this:

YMElP8n.png

I hovered over my Chinchou, and the game froze. I figured saving it and reopening it would fix it, so I saved the new Electric file OVER MY OLD ONE and now I lost my data for my Electric run. Can anyone help me?

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
^
Sees his cat signature
(facepalm)

Long time no see! Sorry I haven't been active the past month or so, I got into a little trouble, and as a result, lost my privileges for about a month. But, I'm back, and better than ever. Also, in my Electric run, I have a little problem. I had that Chinchou from February, but I couldn't evolve it because it was not part of the Regional Dex. Since the rules state that I can trade of cheat just for the sake of evolving, I tried to combine a bunch of codes to catch a wild Lanturn at Level 29 (the level of my Chinchou), and the result was this:

YMElP8n.png

I hovered over my Chinchou, and the game froze. I figured saving it and reopening it would fix it, so I saved the new Electric file OVER MY OLD ONE and now I lost my data for my Electric run. Can anyone help me?

Unfortunately, I have yet to find a decent save editor for third gen. Only thing I can say is you should have backed up your save before trying codes that you are uncertain about. I could have helped you evolve your chinchou, but it sounds like you ruined your game.

You might try asking around emulation.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Dragon monotype
Red once again is an evil, evil guy. Hail gave his Lapras and Snorlax 100% Blizzard accuracy, which meant my team just got eaten alive. A Rain Dance later and somehow Lapras was STILL firing off Blizzards with 100% accuracy, to my dismay. Eventually it died, thanks to my judicious (ha!) use of Revives. Snorlax died with little problem, since it missed a Blizzard. Still, the punk took out another Dragonite. I was saved when Red sent out Blastoise because Kingdra was able to absorb hits while I was reviving and healing the rest of my team (4 of them was KO'd at this point). Many Revives and Hyper Potions later, I finally took down the rest of the team.

NO MORE GAME CORNER.
Clear time: 44:29

Final team:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Unfortunately, I have yet to find a decent save editor for third gen. Only thing I can say is you should have backed up your save before trying codes that you are uncertain about. I could have helped you evolve your chinchou, but it sounds like you ruined your game.

You might try asking around emulation.

Thanks Necrum, I realized right after I posted that I would be starting over. Yeah, I should have backed up my save file, and it's the little things that count in the end. In a way, this is good because now I get to switch over to FireRed because I wanted to do Poison and Electric as opposite versions. So, basically, Electric will be played on FireRed, HeartGold, Ruby, Diamond, and Black, and Poison will be played on LeafGreen, SoulSilver, Sapphire, Pearl, and White. It will be fun, woot. Peace!:cool:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Sounds good, but remember that you won't be able to hack in your Pokemon from before now. Sorry, but after the cut off I said no more hacking for the event. But considering that it caused you so much trouble before, I don't think you'll have an issue with this.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Sounds good, but remember that you won't be able to hack in your Pokemon from before now. Sorry, but after the cut off I said no more hacking for the event. But considering that it caused you so much trouble before, I don't think you'll have an issue with this.

Yeah, no kidding! I shouldn't have to hack with an Electric challenge. Either way, I'm perfectly fine with starting over; that Chinchou caused me enough problems.

One more question: my Gulpin is fine on the Poison run, right? Or do I have to get rid of it? Also, can I use the hacks to evolve it when the time comes?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
As long as you added it to your game in February, which I believe you did. And I used a hack to evolve my shuppet in my ghost challenge, so yeah, that's no issue. What one are you gonna use btw? I think you said that one was gonna be in LeafGreen, but I don't know any LeafGreen hacks that that can be done in.

ShinyHoundoom

Houndoom Fan
Years
So today was dedicated to getting the Fire Red branch of the fire Mono run done. Which I did.

-Defeated Blane
-Did the 1-3 island side quest
-Defeated Giovanni for the final time
-Defeated Gary again
-Level grind every to level 55, thank you speed up button
-Stock up as much as I can.
-Beat the Elite 4. Lorelei gave me the most trouble and Agetha was easy as pie.
-Defeated Gary for the final time.

Final team:
Spoiler:

All three members had a role to perform and performed it well. I enjoyed this part of the run. Not sure which game to do next. It won't be Platinum that's for sure. It will be probably be Emerald or Crystal.

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
I finished Prestigious Platinum.

Here are some pics, I couldn't beat with Cynthia with five level 95 Pokemon, so I beat her with a level 99 Roserade, I was still expecting a challenge. :)

Spoiler:

Also, some progress on Volt White, I am in Castelia City, training for Burgh, I am going to hate him because of his fast, high attack pokemon, and I named Lilligant after one of the best mods EVAR.
My Team is:
Servine(Nagini) Lv.33
Lilligant(Sydian) Lv.27
Swadloon(No Nickname) Lv.28

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
As long as you added it to your game in February, which I believe you did. And I used a hack to evolve my shuppet in my ghost challenge, so yeah, that's no issue. What one are you gonna use btw? I think you said that one was gonna be in LeafGreen, but I don't know any LeafGreen hacks that that can be done in.

Yeah, I'm using LeafGreen, and I think I'm just gonna use Gameshark AFTER BACKING UP MY SAVE FILE! And also, I'm gonna go ahead and start Electric in HeartGold and Poison in SoulSilver now, to get it overwith. I'll also update them at the same time, so expect to miss me for a few days. Got to go, peace!

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2020
I would like to sign up for the single monotype challenge:

Username: rodygo
Type: Steel
Challenge: Single
Game(s): Pt

Wish me Luck!

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Fire monotype - small update

Where did I stop? /shrug
At the moment, I'm on my way to Snowpoint City to get my 7th badge. So that's 6 badges down, and 2 more to go. Yep, short update.

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2019
Username: Dragenrder
Type: Fire
Challenge: Single
Game(s): FR

I think that's It! I've just beat misty! (she was a butt)

I just gotz a charmeleon ar level 32 right now.... ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back