• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First song you've ever heard.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Sighduck...

GE Rules said:
3) Provide evidence in posts that ask of your opinions: If a thread asks what your favourite 'anything' is, it is implicit in the question that you give some form of reasoning as to why. Discussion can never be facilitated if everyone answered relatively monosyllabically. Also known as the NO LISTING RULE!
As for me, the earliest song I can remember is "I Wanna Be The Only One" by Eternal ft. Bebe Winans. There are probably earlier songs somewhere in the recesses of my mind, but this was the first one that popped out as soon as I read the question. I haven't listened to it in absolutely ages, but I can definitely remember being slightly obsessed with it when I was 7, for whatever reason... Here it is:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Hit me baby one more time or the equivalent Nsync song.
Ah to have been born in 93 was truly a terrible time, as the time you start remembering things, is when the radio started going bad, Britney Spears and Nsync were an unstoppable force, and Ricky Martin was on the rise. Hell, it might have been Living da Vida Loca or the Macarena song for all I know, and I honestly don't want to remember either. Only thing I do remember is badgering my parents to get me some mcdonalds to get a Britney Spears/Nsync combo VHS or CD for free. So embarrassed now that I think about it, cause its still in my mother's music collection, and she doesn't want to throw it away cause its "good music".

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Man I must have been blind to miss reading the rules erm okay.
Again, I repeat it's the alphabet song.

Well, I'm only 13 and it's like essential I learn my ABCs since young, right? So my parents introduced it to me, there, I think that's all.

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
I remember the first album I listen to thoroughly, or the first film I watched, but not the first song. It may have been some Malay lullaby my mom had sung, or a Britney Spears song over on MTV, but one of the first memories related to music that I can remember is rummaging through stacks of tapes (I was totally there during the casette tape/pencil ordeal :D ) and my dad slotted in Westlife's Seasons in the Sun.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Have You Ever by The Offspring. I don't remember where I was or how old I was when I first heard it, but there's no doubt in my mind that it's the first song I clearly remember listening to.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
the original lavender town music... just kidding, i seem to remember a song about noah's ark but don't remember what it was called. if not that, the ABC's.

actually, i was born around the same time as the first pokemon game, and my brother liked pokemon back then... maybe it was my first song! D:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I have literally no idea what song this would've been so I'll go for the first song I remember instead! The first song I can remember hearing was Reach by S Club 7, and I loved it. I was only very young at the time, but I absolutely adored this song, it made me incredibly happy hearing it and I always did the little dance. Ahh, good times! I can't say I like the song much any more (okay that was for my pride but omg I love it) though I can still remember all the words ;;

Honest

Hi!
Years
Haha, I was back in 7th grade when I first heard my first song. And that song would be To Be Loved by Papa Roach. Technically, I heard it before that, since I first heard it from the WWE Raw theme song, but the song is the first that I actually listened to. I didn't listen to music before that.

The song was good, but the music video was just awks for a 7th grader. Strippers and women everywhere. D=

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
This is going quite a long way back... it was Spaceman by Babylon Zoo, which was actually the first song I ever liked. I'm not sure as to why I liked it, it's a mystery.

Years
When I was 6 years old I heard this song on the radio.

This song is known as "Camel Walk" by the band "Southern Culture on the Skids" It's honestly a miracle I remember it. I think it's all the references of Little Debby Snack cakes that probably caught my attention as a kid. Now days, I'm clouded by nostalgia, otherwise I'd find the song somewhat off-putting.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I was already eleven years old, but the first time I heard a song that I actually listened to and enjoyed was Temperature by Sean Paul. Before that, I know I heard songs such as Dream On by Aerosmith before that, but I wasn't really all that much into music, so it didn't register.

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
HOW THE HECK WOULD I REMEMBER I WAS SO FREAKING YOUNG BACK THEN SO FREAKING YO- //shot

I actually do remember. My dad used to sing it to me all the time as a lullaby. It's 'Eternal Flame'. Such a nice song -hums- remember it by heart now. It's still a classic! :D

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Probably something by Bon Jovi or Hootie and the Blowfish, without counting nursery rhymes and such. My me maw used to sing to me too, so maybe that counts instead. Trying to remember the very first song you heard, lmao...way too difficult.

I guess if I wanna get REALLY technical, and I obviously don't remember it, but my dad used to sing Free Fallin' by Tom Petty to me all the time when I was a baby. So I guess that would count. And yes, I still enjoy it to this day. It was my singing contest entry for GT9.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
I can't remember the exact first song I ever heard, but I know a few that I recall hearing by the time I was 3. For some reason I'm THINKING the first song I ever recall hearing is "Sir Duke" by Stevie Wonder but I'm also thinking of a few 80s songs as well. I do recall my mom referencing the song around when I was 5 and saying something along the lines of why music is important, because it moves so many people.

By 6 I was playing Hendrix on the guitar though so lol.

Back