• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Returning Characters (Speculation)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Considering that the game is said to revolve around the mystery of where N went if they don't show him it'll be a big let down...then again they didn't show Giovanni in GSC either.

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
Years
And then everybody would be shocked, while some would be angry, and a few would be sad.

Either way, I am okay with him returning or not, but I would like him to return nonetheless.

I would be one of the many to slap Nintendo in the face.
Even if they've presented N in the anime and everything, I honestly have doubts that he's coming back. If he does show up in the game I'm going to be very giddy, but I'm not keeping up my hopes for anything. They already said N's nowhere to be found, but I guess I might be oblivious to hints of his comeback.

I still wonder if Ghetsis will ever show up again. Doubt it, but meh. It would be cool to see him show up. He's one of my favorite villains.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years

I'm pretty sure N will return, he's in the anime, the sages mention him in game and it would be a mystery to leave him out.

What anime? Oh the promo. I thought you meant the regular one haha.

I hope the plot isn't al revolved around N, I'd like N's disapperance to be a sideline to the plot. It's doubtful though.

Years
I hope Lenora returns, I wanna know why she's not a gym leader no more! Also Skyla and Clay returning will be nice seeing how they were some of my favorite characters.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I hope Lenora returns, I wanna know why she's not a gym leader no more! Also Skyla and Clay returning will be nice seeing how they were some of my favorite characters.

So there should be two Normal-type Gym Leaders in one region?

I'd like Clay to return. he was cool as heck. Especially in the anime. But beyond making us take a sidetrack to a useless tower that had no effect on the plot, Skyla was really just...there. She never spoke to me, so I honestly wouldn't miss her even a little bit.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
N has made an appearance in a trailer on Pokemon Smash! So has Ghetsis. N is shown with a Zekrom and Ghetsis with Kyurem!
-credit of source goes to serebii-

Years
Well that was no surprise really. I expected that they will return. By the looks of it it seems as if Ghetsis caught Kyurem, so he might be the one who fuses the dragons!

Ghiaccio

Ace Trainer
Years
Skyla is also confirmed to return as well, as in one of the new trailers from pokemon smash today, it showed a gym with a bunch of fans and propellers and stuff, and you can catch a quick glimpse of her in that part.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
It is just me, or does Ghetsis's new outfit sporting mainly the color black make him look more evil?

IMO, I think the new outfit is amazing, especially compared to the royal blue and gold from BW.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
N has made an appearance in a trailer on Pokemon Smash! So has Ghetsis. N is shown with a Zekrom and Ghetsis with Kyurem!
-credit of source goes to serebii-
Too clarify it is version dependent which Dragon N has. If Black2 he has Zekrom, if White2 he has Reshiram.

Just raises the question for me is. Will the character be the one to catch the third dragon then, all three have some sort of showdown. Will be interesting too see nonetheless.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Too clarify it is version dependent which Dragon N has. If Black2 he has Zekrom, if White2 he has Reshiram.

Just raises the question for me is. Will the character be the one to catch the third dragon then, all three have some sort of showdown. Will be interesting too see nonetheless.

Third Dragon as in the opposite to what N has? My guess is no since story wise the PC HAD to catch it which wasn't done in any game before. I'm thinking Ghetsis doesn't catch Kyurem but is controlling it while its still wild.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Third Dragon as in the opposite to what N has? My guess is no since story wise the PC HAD to catch it which wasn't done in any game before. I'm thinking Ghetsis doesn't catch Kyurem but is controlling it while its still wild.

I don't think that N is even a part of Team Plasma full time anymore, honestly. Ghetsis must be controlling black Plasma. His design seems much better, too. He looked like an old watch tower before. xD
Now he looks like an evil boss.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years

I agree, I think it's the 'Shadow Lugia approach', where as ya said, he's still controlling it while wild.

Years
I'm wondering what exactly the story will be with Kyurem/Ghetsis (I wish I could read Japanese, it might give a bit of insight to what N is saying :/). But I find it hugely interesting that N will still have the dragon he captured in the originals. I know there's no real reason he would have released it, but it's awesome to see a returning character with a legendary Pokemon, I'm so excited :D

Years
At the risk of sounding insane, I kinda wish they had kept this a secret to add to a bit of shock value...
well at least to N anyway
Im sure we all knew he was coming back, but still, you never know with those "Ride off into the sunset:" endings

blue

gucci
Years
It looks like N was siding with the protagonist against Ghetsis so whether there was conflict and Team Plasma has been split into two different groups I don't know but it certainly looks like their aspects have changed since Black & White.

pokemonranger109

Jirachi Know-It-All From Birth
Years
Ok here's a spoiler i saw on serribi.net but here's some of the people Returning.
DON"T CLICK THE TAB BECAUSE THIS IS A SPOILER ALERT UNLESS YOU WANT TO READ THIS!
You have been warned!
Spoiler:

Back