• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Haha I think you have a picture of my cat there.
A while ago, some ants got into the house and they were eating his food. He just sat there, meowing, until someone noticed. Didn't even try to get them. I: Oddly enough, that cat looks quite similar to my feline's brother.

Sir Codin

I have no doubt Fallout 3 will run better on my computer, but I'm not going to get it for PC when I already have it on Xbox. The other Fallout games are more fun, anyway.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
The only major reason why I'd probably go back to PC gaming someday would have to be the fact that Starcraft 2 exists. That and Star Wars The Old Republic which I've heard a lot of good things about.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
The internet sure is something like caffeine isn't it? It's a wonderful, wonderful agent of keeping people awake during ungodly hours.
I also am quite a heavy sleeper. Nothing would disturb me except my phone alarm. I am extremely sensitive to it; I would almost instantly awake the moment it starts. I'll be awake, but I'll keep on trying to go back to sleep lol The only other thing would be my younger brother tackling me in the morning ahha.

droomph

weeb
Years
The internet sure is something like caffeine isn't it? It's a wonderful, wonderful agent of keeping people awake during ungodly hours.
I also am quite a heavy sleeper. Nothing would disturb me except my phone alarm. I am extremely sensitive to it; I would almost instantly awake the moment it starts. I'll be awake, but I'll keep on trying to go back to sleep lol The only other thing would be my younger brother tackling me in the morning ahha.

or maybe a taser

I think that's pretty much what it takes to wake me up like a normal person kinda fast. If you don't do something drastic I take about 20 minutes to get up lol

Sir Codin

I've always been more of a PC gamer. I don't deny that Fallout 3 would be better with mods, but after playing the other Fallout games, something just doesn't seem right about the way FO3 turned out.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
1360460187995.jpg

This game was all I played for about a year. Still one of my favorites to the day - A pity that it either won't run, or runs like crap on 7. (It's that random. Either **** you, I'm not going to start or hahahahaha I'll crash at random just to piss you off.)

I'm happy that a new HG game is in the making, but from what I've seen so far it looks like it's going to be a cross between HG and Armored Core FF.

droomph

weeb
Years
I'd be asleep if it wasn't for my Art History notes. >:(

And only PC game I really played religiously was Rise of Nations and Age of Empires.

Art history eh

What kind of stuff do you guys learn in there? I'm kinda curious honestly, if you don't mind :p

I've always been more of a PC gamer. I don't deny that Fallout 3 would be better with mods, but after playing the other Fallout games, something just doesn't seem right about the way FO3 turned out.

But what about the thing where you're so tall you die because you jump so high

and then you set it to 0 and you're a corpse on the ground

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Spore, Star Wars Empire At War, and Warcraft 3 was what kept my PC gaming faith going back then, mostly it was just Spore though since I blitzkrieged my way through EAW and WC3 with little difficulty and it took me a good month or 2 before I could reach the center of the galaxy in Spore after I realized that plowing a pathway through the Grox would take forever and a half even though it would be little to no problem for me given how strong my empire was.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I want to get more into PC gaming since I have a capable desktop...I've amassed a decent collection of Steam games from sales and stuff, but I've always been more of a console and handheld gamer. That might change though, since I'm not too keen on going into the next generation of consoles.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I don't really differentiate between kinds of gaming. It's all the same to me. There are some games that just feel right played on a TV and some that feel right played at a computer desk and others still that feel right played on the bus commute or while lying in bed.

I haven't done much PC gaming in the last year, though, since my computer's been hooked up to the TV acting as a media server for my house. :/ I don't miss it much, I've gotta admit.

Years
When it comes to what type of gamer I am, I'm more of the video gaming type. I rarely do PC gaming anymore, ever since I gave up on The Sims because I always failed at looking after my Sims properly (yeah I'm such an evil girl lol) not to mention discs always made my computer act like a hothead it always shut down on me.

Plus, I spend most of my gaming time on my Ice Blue DS Lite and my arsenal of Pokemon games, notably Pearl, Platinum, SoulSilver, Black and Black 2. Still have yet to do my White 2 playthrough though but it won't serve as my main version of the B2/W2 duo since I already have Black 2 serving as the main for me of those two. Also, I spend way too much time watching TV and browsing this forum lately.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Speaking of gaming... I'm more into playing it on DS instead on PC. And my time of gaming has been reduced lately because I'm spending most of my time in this forum.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Mm overall I'm mainly DS focused when it comes to gaming although I do have my share of other consoles as well. I've played the Sims quite a bit before and I think I enjoyed creating cities, sending my Sims out Downtown and other places, watching them do hilarious things but then my interest died down a little and now I can't find the disc. :(

As for my DS, I don't stick to one gaming series, generally I try all sorts. I've tried Dragon Quest IX and that was an immensely enjoyable game, also I was bursting into laughter at some of the horrible puns they made with all of the monster's various names. I've tried Final Fantasy and I think it was pretty good although I never got around to finishing it along with Professor Layton, which is brain-busting. ;______;

Eh as for watching TV, I watch around an hour a day that's about it really. I watch the news my parents flick on in the morning and evening and then sometimes watch a Big Bang Theory episode, but generally you'd probably rarely find me sitting on the couch watching TV, I'd most likely just be sitting by the computer or doing something else.

Cherrim

Years
Mm, speaking of spending too much time on forums, I find I don't get as engrossed in PC gaming because it's so much easier to be distracted. I do a lot of things on the computer, mainly web browsing. When I'm PC gaming, I'm already at my computer so it's much easier to be distracted by the other things I do with my computer. Consoles don't have the same functionality--they're pretty much built to do one thing at a time and that thing is essentially just games. So they don't have that whole built-in distraction that computers do. I'll start up a game and then decide to check my email, maybe check PC and get a post or two in... and before I know it, I've completely forgotten that the game is running in the background.

Also, I've never ever played the Sims (any iteration of it) in my entire life. How bad am I missing out? :(

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Although I'm sure my desktop computer is powerful enough to play some decent games, I just love being able to sit on the futon and play the PS3 (what else is there to do on spring break?!). Console gaming is like, the only reason I own a futon. I gotta have my games... If I had a comfy computer chair, then maybe I be more of a PC gamer.

Cherrim

Years
I hear ya. :D Nothing says relaxation like going into full couch potato mode in front of a console. You just can't get that same feeling at a computer desk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back