• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you ever Deny that New Pokemon are "Pokemon"?

lemonhihi

S1lv3rRay
Years
Its just that the pokemon after gen 3 are all getting thinner and without a proper "body"..

Anyone got the same feeling?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
For me this goes along the same lines as people only loving the nostalgic Pokemon. No offense, but get over it. New Pokemon are coming out, and I'd be pretty shocked if you can say with absolute certainty that there are zero designs you like out of all the new ones.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 3, 2013
Never! I won't deny that sometimes I'm taken by surprise when I see new pokemon, but I really hate it when people are rude to new pokemon, and they need to get over themselves, to be honest

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
No. If something is weird to me initially, I know that it'll just take time to sink in. No point in throwing the "omg they're running out of ideas!" or "these are digimon!" crap all over the place. If you really don't like the designs anymore, no one is forcing you to play or like the series anymore and you're more than welcome to leave the fandom. We won't miss you.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
No, that would be silly.

The concept of a pokemon is always evolving. A pokemon is what gamefreak and masuda says is a pokemon. There's a certain quality evident in all pokemon though, it's clear care and thought has been put into them.....even if I'm not personally keen on them. Call me when they reveal a black squiggle pokemon called "aqsprztygapff" and we'll talk about what doesn't seem like a pokemon.

We shouldn't expect to like every pokemon and we should recognise that a pokemon we don't like was just not made to appeal to us. Gamefreak have to try and please everyone with their designs and people's tastes are bound to clash with each other.

Last edited:

EJ Nero

Water forever
Years
No, and frankly I don't get the point of people who do. You may not like the design of some or all of the newer Pokemon, but regardless of your opinion they're Pokemon. I mean, what else are they if they're not Pokemon? They have specific types, natures, EVs & IVs, specific move and learn sets, can evolve or not, can battle, can be traded, *most* can be breeded and most importantly are part of the game that's you know called Pokemon. No offense to anyone who thinks like this, but that's just completely stupid. It's probably the only thing that grinds my gears about our so called Pokemon "lovers". No one has to love every single Pokemon or generation, but how can you say you like or love Pokemon if you can't even slightly appreciate them all as a whole?

Back