• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Years
Just because you get a shiny from an egg doesn't mean MM works. I'm over 400 Honedge eggs.

Yeah, this is obviously a completely true statement that nobody can really resolve.
Unless someone manages to hack the 3ds code, or GF/Masuda(?) confirms it themselves, we'll never know. I guess we can assume from all these relatively fast shinies that it is a prominent possibility - but otherwise we do have no confirmation that it works still.

Not that we'd even need it any more, how easy it seems to find shinies this gen! xD

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I just got my baby! :D After nearly 300 eggs. xD Hopefully I'll have a bit more luck with my next one although considering how long it took it wasn't too bad. :)

Spoiler:

Just because you get a shiny from an egg doesn't mean MM works. I'm over 400 Honedge eggs.

I don't think it's a matter of whether MM works or not, but rather what the rates are now IF they've changed. I think we'll have to wait for that though since there's obviously going to be an influx of shiny Pokemon at the moment. If it matters though, I found 2 shinies using MM in under 300 eggs (as well as two random encounters less than 24 hours apart).

Call me Gamma

Dusty Old Trainer
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 3, 2017
Can we start a shiny breeder support group? I just cracked the seal on my tenth box of Skarmory and I'm thinking of taking up smoking again...

Vanish

Poof
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 25, 2016
So I can use my American Fennekin and Spanish Ditto? Or do both pokemon have to be outside of my own region (America)?

Indeed. Just as you could breed a Japanese Pokemon with a French one, for example.

Universal

Musician
Years

Ehh, I doubt they would take it out. The whole point of it is to promote wi-fi trading. And if it were to be removed, well damn. :l

Aprox 6 minutes later. .About 750+ hatches c:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Universal

Musician
Years
Off topic this may seem, but I can help you guys hatch eggs faster, I got the Egg hatch O-Power, just shoot me a private message.

~DarkAchu~

Shady Character Lurking Around
Years
I'm at around 400+ Fennekin Eggs..then got annoyed with seeing it over and over and over again with little success so I moved to Chespin which I'm up to around 100 eggs...

Want to try Froakie as well but I want a female Protean parent..

Hinokage

Ghost Pokemon Trainer
Years
Don't think my heart can take much more Duskull breeding, and just thinking of dealing with all of the leftovers after I do maybe get my shiny makes me cringe.

Years
The masuda method means having a pokemon from a foreign region and breeding it with a pokemon from yours right?
I have a japanese ditto and i'm breeding it with alot of my pokemon to prepare for supertraining and trying to get shinies too.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
i got shiny pichu on 5th egg.
my luck hasnt run out as I just wonder traded and received mewtwo!

Universal

Musician
Years
The masuda method means having a pokemon from a foreign region and breeding it with a pokemon from yours right?
I have a japanese ditto and i'm breeding it with alot of my pokemon to prepare for supertraining and trying to get shinies too.

Correct sir!

Don't give up guys and girls! It takes a lot of time!

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2017
if i have 2 fletchinders with flame body will that speed it up quicker than one flethcinder? lol thats a stupid question but i wanna know lol

Back