• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Vale Institute of Magic (M) (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosCrystal

黒竜 影
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 16, 2014
Crystal Nightwish

Gym - Metal Field - Battle dragin out

As the pillar headed for Jason face, he managed to barely dodge, reducing part of the damage. Crystal was actually impresed that he managed to move with such an unexpected attack, but soon re-focused as he moved to the right and trew somethign at her. -So a trowing star.- Crystal smiled and tryed to dodge, nearly managing, but the star caught her in her left arm.

Crystal held her arm and whinced a bit from the pain, while a small ring of earth surrounded the wound. Crystal turned to look at Jason with a smile on her face as she looked at the shield he now had in his left arm. -Thats the spirit.-

Crystal knew that a long battle would not be good for her, but attackign recklesly would be foolish as well. Comming up with a plan, she pointed both hands at Jason, suddenly a large amount of dust and debri was circling around jason as it gathered and turned into balls that were compressing more and more.

Sudenly all 5 balls rocketed towards Jason impacting the shield, with quite a bit of force, and sticking to it. Crystal changed her stance as a the

material on her back moved, moments later, a shield, similar to Jason's, formed on her right arm. -Now, dont go losing on account of those little balls.-

With a smile crystal lept forward, closign the distance, as she did this, more and more debris was collecting near the edges of the metal cage.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Jason Barrett - Metal Field

As Jason stood ready, Crystal did not disappoint. She used more magical energy to create 5 small balls of dirt, debris, and rocks. Soon, she unleashed them at him, his shield absorbing the impact. However, the balls wound up being stuck to his shield. Not only that, but the balls seemed to be pulsing with energy. What would they do to him if they were left unchecked? Explode like grenades? That wouldn't do! She then leapt in the air at him as she brandished a shield similar to his. Well, he had to pull out his trump card.

He sprinted backwards a few steps, putting a little distance between them. He then concentrated his energy on his shield and his body. Quickly the shield melted around his arm, though the rocks remained attached. More metal poured out onto his arms and head, quickly covering all his flesh with a thick layer of steel. The Colossus spell was in full effect! He soon grabbed each rock and pulled them off of his arm while making sure that they wouldn't stick to his hand. Jason aimed and used his increased strength to throw each rock back at her. After using the last one, a smile crept across his face more as he moved back into his original fighting stance. "A few little rocks won't slow me down," he said to her, making sure to keep his distance just in case an explosion was imminent.

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

Scarlett Rose
Pyromancer from the "Rose" family
Vale Institute - Kraken's Den.

As Scarlett's wounds were treated and bandaged she walked around to watch some of the other battles. She found water fields with water that was acting weird and completely damaged earth fields. She saw the boys from before with their back towards her and heard them talk about her again. "So what she's a good fighter? I still won't believe that she's from the "Rose" family. I was told that there were no teenagers in that family at the moment, only a baby." Rose was getting quite curious about the whole matter and wanted to ask them about it but since they seemed like they didn't like her that much Scarlett decided that not asking would be better.

But then Scarlett heard them talking again. "Hey, have you heard about that Lee guy? I think his first name was Michael... anyway, he's an orphan isn't he? I just saw him and he looked so pathetic. He told the teacher that he didn't want to battle." Rose listened carefully but felt herself getting quite angry when they said that this boy looked pathetic. What was wrong with these guys? The only thing they seemed to be good at was bad-mouthing other people. "Look! He's over there!" The boys pointed at a somewhat blue haired boy. Scarlett was fed up with their gossips and walked away from them towards that boy. "Another oprhan...?" Scarlett thought. She took a closer look at the boy and saw a furry ball in his jacket before he hid it with his scarf.

Scarlett immediately got curious but as she came closer the boy walked away as well, not noticing that Scarlett was approaching him. He entered the dorms of the water mancers and Scarlett followed him inside. She hid behind some walls to see where he was going to and saw him entering a room. "That must be his room..." Scarlett came closer and stood in front of the door. This dorm looked pretty now that she bothered to take a look around her but suddenly she heard the boy talk inside his room. Scarlett pressed her ear against the door and started eavesdropping.

"Alright Lance, I'm going to start unpacking our things. But you have to stay quiet, okay? If anyone finds out I have you here, they'll make me get rid of you... Understand?" The boy said inside his room. "I knew it! He's holding an animal here! I wanna see it!" Scarlett raised her hand and slowly knocked on the door. "Hello?" Scarlett said so that the boy would know that it wasn't a teacher.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
MICHAEL LEE
The Gentle Water Mancer

Michael's Room
x
CHAPTER I,
Part V:

"Behind the Vale"

"Hello?" Michael jumped, startled by the sudden noise that was followed up with knocking. It sounded like another student, but he knew full well that a student could easily tell a staff member. Or it could be a very young staff member... Either way, he didn't want to have to get rid of Lance.

"U-uh... J-just a second, please!" He said half-panicked toward the door. He picked up Lance, looked wildly around the room, and hurried the kitten under the bed. Exhaling to calm himself, Michael walked up to the door, opening it slowly to see a young girl around his age, no doubt a student, waiting at the other side. Her appearance was interesting to him, her hair looked to be a gentle orange, matching her dress-like clothing. Her eyes were bright blue, and Michael had to admit to himself: she looked very pretty.

Blushing slightly in embarrassment of both his thoughts and the unexpected visit, he looked around his room for a moment. He did this to make sure the kitten hadn't crawled out from under the bed, and also to make sure he didn't stare at her for too long. When he looked back to her, he put on a polite, albeit nervous smile, and asked, "Uh, c-can I help you...?"

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Yuri / Shiemi - Alone

The corridors seem so empty, like the hollow basin of an endless pit, cold air seems to run through my spine like some infiltrating monster. I try to shrug off my cold thoughts before It turned to depression, which seemed to work for the majority of my problems. I feel quite lonely, and lost, and unsure as to what exactly I am supposed to do right now. Should I go find Shima, or should I go somewhere else. I decide to go back to the rec room and just sit and relax for a bit, however I am confronted by a new face in this academy as I progress through the doors. A bonny looking girl with red hair sits there flinging a ball too and fro in the air. I hear her say to herself that this place isn't sol bad after all, and I understand what she means. I walk forward to try and greet the girl in front of me.

"Erm, hello miss, my name is Yuri. Pleased to meet you." I hold out my hand and put my head back a bit as if I'm flinching, well I am flinching, and my eyes are squinting kinda. I can feel my hand shaking a little bit, but I manage to control it after a second. It's the first time I'VE confronted someone by myself.

Sapphire Rose

Years

Scarlett Rose

"U-uh... J-just a second, please!" Scarlett's knocking was answered by a gentle yet nervous voice. She heard rumbling from inside and wondered what he was doing, maybe he was hiding what he had in his jacket just a while ago? Scarlett saw several students staring at her. She could easily see what they were thinking by the look on their faces. They were wondering what a pyromancer was doing in the hydromancer's dorm.

Suddenly the door opened and Scarlett saw the boy from up close. He seemed around the same age as her and now she could see that his sky blue hair had white tips. She had to admit that he looked pretty cool. His face turned red but Scarlett didn't notice, instead she blushed for some reason and smiled at him. "Uh, c-can I help you...?" He asked her somewhat nervous. Scarlett took a few steps inside the room and turned around to him. "Hi there! My name is Scarlett Rose. I heard you were an orphan as well and wanted to know if the rumors were true." Scarlett introduced herself and the reason she came here.

Scarlett felt her shoelashes being played with and took a look down, only to see a brown with white siamese kitten playing with her shoelashes. "Oh my god! He is so cute!" Scarlett was immediately sold and sat down to pat the little guy. "Awwwww!!~" Scarlett kept patting it as her eyes started sparkling. She simply couldn't resist him. "Are you keeping it here?" Scarlett asked the boy.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023

Flit Asuno

Flit sat there bored out of hell because he had nothing to do but to sit there and wait until he gets his name called. He looked around the hall and saw there were only a few people left and some of them were leaving to look around. "Jeez, this isn't the best first impression, that's for sure. Maybe I can go see what the dorms look like." Flit thought to himself as he stood up with a sigh.
Flit walked outside of the gymnasium and pushed the door open before being bombarded with sunlight. "Bloody hell, it was never this bright back home!" Flit grumbled. After thirty minutes of walking aimlessly Flit was able to find the Dorm he was assigned to. "Hmm this place doesn't seem bad kind of reminds me of Hogwarts except more… modern." Flit thought to himself as he opened the door and seeing a room filled with red. "I like this place a lot all ready." Flit said to himself as he was swallowed by an armchair. "I think I will just doze of hear for a few minutes before heading back to the hall, the car trip hear took a lot out of me." Flit mumbled to himself as he dozed off into a deep sleep.
* * *​
"Aye!" Flit yelled as someone poked him telling him to wake up. "I guess your a junior, you should head back down to the hall it's been like 30 minutes since you dosed off." the person replied poking Flit yet again. "Damn, I better get down there and fast!" Flit exclaimed. Without a seconds notice Flit jumped into the air and ran out the door without even shutting it Was he born in a tent?!. As Flit ran down the hallway he soon realized that he had no idea where he was and how he found the dorm in the first place. So he ran down every corridor he could find trying to find someway of finding the Gymnasium. "WHERE IN GODS NAME IS IT!?" He panted as he ran down a staircase nearly tripping over.

Last edited:

ChaosCrystal

黒竜 影
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 16, 2014
Crystal Nightwish

Gym - Metal Field - Battle Boom =P

Crystal watched as Jason steped backwards, just as he activated one more spell. Crystal watched with amazement as Jason body turned into metal. -So thats what a body transmutation spell looks like, but it must be really difficult to mantain it for long.- Crystal smiled when she saw Jason pulling rocks off and trowing them back at her, but Crystal just stood there smiling. "A few little rocks won't slow me down," She heard him say to her.

As the rocks got closer they moved out of the way at the last second, stopping right behind her, before melding together into an even bigger rock but this one rapidly compressed into the size of a pebble and began to vibrate.

-Those might not, but this one will put a nice dent on that armor for sure.- Crystal smiled, as the rest of the earth that was on her back moved around the ground, Crystal began moving around focusing intently on Jason, and at the right moment trew the rock at him. She knew he would either try to dodge or trow it back at her, but a devilish smile appeared in her face.

Just as the little pebble got really close to Jason, Crystal moved her hands together forming a small sphere with them, as if in comand the earth scathered around the field sprung into action, creating a thin layered half sphere around Jason. A moment latter a huge explosion could be heard as Crystal released the magic holding the preasure on the pebble.

Crystal sat on the ground, completely exausted, but wuth a huge smile on her face. Waiting for the dust to clear to see if her last attack at least managed to hurt your metal form. -I wonder if that did it? Cause i dont thinki can keep fighting much more.-

siiadams

Years
Jason Barrett - Metal Field

The next move caught him completely off-guard as she collected the rocks that he threw into one large mass, compressed them into a small pebble and launched it back. This time, though, she released its energy before he could redirect the attack. The resulting shockwave, detonating in his face, was enough to knock him off his feet and against the cage wall. As he collected his thoughts, there was a thick cloud of dust obscuring his view of his opponent. He noticed that his Colossus spell wore off and slowly stood up. He quickly created and threw another throwing star at where he last saw her and used what little energy he had left to recreate his shield and turn his right arm into a sword.

Soreness exuding from all over the back of his body and his shoulders slack from being worn out because of the fight, Jason slowly strode through the choking dust, his shield in front of him. He simply stood with his sword at the ready, seeing if she was going to do something else. She seemed to be as worn out as he was, but he wasn't ready to throw in the towel just yet. He smiled as a bit of blood trickled from the left corner of his mouth, "Well, that was a bit of a wake-up call. What else do you have in store for me?" With that said, he slowly approached her position, his blade poised to attack while his shield was closing up as many openings as possible, his breathing noticibly heavier.

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
Zane Reav & Christian Miles

Outside the infirmary, Zane and Christian were about to cross the doorframe. Mr. Sandford had left already, probably to do something for Ms. Vale. Christian's arm was becoming increasingly a problem, but both he and Zane hesitated to continue into the infirmary. They could hear an ever so interesting conversation coming from inside the room.

"I don't think we've had the chance for a proper introduction. My name is Indigo Rogers, and—pardon the abruptness—but you may very well be one of the most beautiful women I have ever had the pleasure to gaze upon."

The first day into the new school year and the flirting has already begun! Zane put his ear up to the door to get a little better sound quality. Christian however, wasn't too interested in the eavesdropping. Almost instantly a second voice came into being.

"Thank you, but, I'm not interested."

Just as fast as the flirting had begun the rejection shut it down. No doubt the attempt was destined to fail. Zane just continued to nod up and down, reaffirming his personal notion that it was too early for romance. To be honest though, Zane wasn't really interested in romance to begin with. He felt that it required him to open up a bit too much, which was definitely not something he felt obligated to do. Christian on the other hand was quickly getting tired of waiting, his shoulder now causing him to fade in and out of consciousness. If he didn't get treated soon he could easily pass out from anemia. He pulled on Zane's shirt trying to draw his attention, but it was merely waved off. The eavesdropping continued.

The conversation displayed a bit of humor as the guy seemingly mistook her response. It took him a few seconds to actually realize she shot him down; he even tried to play it off as a joke. At this point the girl reaffirmed her statement, which for some reason almost made Zane break out in laughter right on the spot. Luckily he resisted, since getting caught at this point would have only damaged his first impression by others, something that Christian would also be equally thankful for. The sound of footsteps made Zane back off the door. A loud cry of pain was heard along with the door opening. Both Zane and Christian slid up against the wall, hidden by the open door. The aforementioned girl walked out going in the opposite direction of where they were hiding.

After a quick sigh, Christian trudged into the infirmary. The boy who was hitting on the girl caught the corner of Christian's vision, but at this point he was exhausted from blood loss. Everything was blurring. The infirmary bed was just a white blob in his eyes, but he had a general idea of what it was. He fell face first on the bed, embracing the somewhat comfortable mattress. For some reason it just felt relaxing, but maybe that was because he was about to pass out. A little bit later Zane entered into the room. He just looked around, and after noticing the boy on the other bed he couldn't help but make a bit of jab at his rejection.

"Shot down on day one, huh?" He made his finger gun gesture, obviously without activating his magic. "That must hurt your pride worse than she hurt your body. Also, I'd suggest you'd give up on the 'perfect' girl. You know, for your safety and what not."

Kristen Vale

Several of the matches had finished, and it was becoming increasingly clear that many of the new students were proving to be strong, regardless of their ability to hold back or maintain control over their spells. It was promising for Kristen to have such a gifted group. Three of the matches that she quickly took notice of were the Igna/Rogers match, the Rose/Morgan match, and the Reav/Miles match. Any of those matches, save the Igna victory, were quite even. They weren't the only ones that she noticed either. There were also the Aono/Kimishi thrashing, the Wash/Steele draw, and the currently undecided Barrett/Nightwish match. One match had yet to start, that being the Skye/Reilly matchup. Other students also needed to be attended to, either because they were unable to participate in these matches or time restraints prevented them from having their own. That's what had happened to Michael Lee, Lia Campani, Flit Asuno, and a few others. A slight squeaking noise alerted Kristen to one of those aforementioned students. She recognized the student to be Marisa Haldine, one of the more unusual students seeing that she was unable to walk.

"Excuse me…" Marisa paused. "I may need a bit more time before I can… take part in things like this." She paused again to sigh. "I might need a bit more time. I could try, but… I'm not sure how effective I'd be."

Kristen gave herself a mental facepalm, as for each and every promising student that there seemed to be another one was there to inhibit her plans. Then again, she was at least grateful that this girl didn't seem to be opposed to the notion of these evaluations, unlike one Michael Lee. She couldn't blame the girl, as her condition made it understandably difficult to participate in a duel. One way or another, though, Marisa would have to do an evaluation. At first, Kristen thought to call on Clayton Fields to do the evaluation, but she knew he was already doing something that she personally found more important. As such, Kristen decided she would see what the girl could do. She also sent out a message to two more teachers, Eva Banks and Allen Hawke, to deal with any more alternate evaluations. Back to what mattered at the moment. Kristen devised a bit of a bluff, which would hopefully test the girl's abilities or her pride at the very least.

"You are Ms. Haldine, correct? I want you to stand before me. That is all I need to see from you. If you can manage that then you may continue your stay here, otherwise leave. We have no need in those who are unable to overcome their problems, physical or otherwise."

The whole leave part of her command was simply a secondary test. It was true, there is no need for quitters at Vale, and those who would simply give up because they were slighted in some way were no exception. This would test Marisa's will, if not her magic.

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
MICHAEL LEE
The Gentle Water Mancer

Michael's Room
x
CHAPTER I,
Part VI:

"Behind the Vale"

"Hi there! My name is Scarlett Rose. I heard you were an orphan as well and wanted to know if the rumors were true."

"How could they have known that...? I don't really talk to anyone..." Michael mumbled to himself.

And that's when Lance just up and blew his cover. "Oh my god! He is so cute! Awwwww!!~ Are you keeping it here?"

"Shh-shhhhh!" Michael replied immediately, closing the door. "If anyone finds out and tells the staff, they'll make me get rid of him." Michael frowned, picking up the small kitten and placing him over her lap as he sat on the bed. "He's an orphan too... He doesn't have a family to return to... It's something we have in common, and I couldn't just leave him to die..." He looked to Scarlett with pleading eyes. "Promise you won't tell anyone."

"... His name is Lance." Michael patted the purring kitten's back, lost in thought for several seconds before realizing her initial statements were left unanswered. "Oh, um... My name is Michael Latif Lee, and yeah... I'm an orphan..." He sighed. "My mother died giving birth to me, and my Dad couldn't afford to take care of me, so I was put into an adopted home... But... They weren't very kind to me... I was gone more often than I was at that house. Eventually I was taken in by a kindly aging man, and he helped me a lot." He paused. "So... What about you?"

Dualik

Eloquent Trainer
Years
Indigo Rogers
Infirmary

"Shot down on day one, huh?"

Two new arrivals had made their way into the room shortly after Shion had left, Indigo was about to speak however he cut himself off with a frown and snarl as the obviously obnoxious newcomer continued.

"That must hurt your pride worse than she hurt your body. Also, I'd suggest you'd give up on the 'perfect' girl. You know, for your safety and what not."

This fellow made some sort of finger pointing gesture while rambling on and Indigo began to immediately dislike him. Still, he had always gotten along with women better than men for obvious reasons, so he didn't really know the social conventions of other guys too well. Was this guy being cruel? Just poking fun? Maybe joking? Indigo couldn't tell at all. Still if a jab was taken at him then he would of course be jabbing straight back.

"Because I'm sure you've never been shot down before... blonde hair, blue eyes, did your parents hit default during character creation or something? Oh but I'm sure that winning sense of humor and obvious skill in making a first impression gets you far with women eh? Truly I'm in the presence of Vale's very own Cassanova." He trailed and sat up in bed using his pillow as a support.

"Still I think you'll find that once I set my sights on a fine woman such as she, giving up is simply not an option." He did his signature hair flick, not too casual to appear sloppy, but not too charming to appear out of place. "I'll be honest with you Blondie unless you plan on competing for her affection, a competition you would lose I might add, then I don't believe it's any of your business." Indigo attempted to shift position again only to groan and grasp his ribs. "Still... if anything you've said is true then it's that Miss Igna did in fact do a number on me physically..." He coughed out a sly laugh. "And NOT in the way I would have liked."

It was at this point Indigo noticed that the other newcomer whom was also male (much to Indigo's annoyance) had fallen face down on the bed to his left and appeared to be on the brink of passing out. Indigo turned his head back to the blonde fellow.

"Is that your doing then?"

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
- Marisa Haldine

Marisa looked at the woman before her. She looks to her chair for a moment before letting out a sigh. 'I thought this'd happen eventually... at least I get to stress test this.' She begins muttering unintelligible words to herself before backing up from the headmistress. She takes a minute to take off her bag, unzip it, tie it to the chair and leave it on the ground between the chair and bleachers.

'Focus... focus... clear your mind and don't let anything distract you.' She grips her chair, feeling magic starting to flow through her body. What appears to be dirt begins to flow out of her bag and creep up her body, covering it as thoroughly as possible. 'Come on, come on...' The dirt climbs up farther, eventually reaching her head, before beginning to change shape. After a few moments of changing, it takes the form of what appears to be a light armor, albeit with heavy support along her lower body. 'Got it. Now... let's do this... slowly, gotta stand up right.'

She tenses up as she manages to get to her feet. Her stance was shaky and the armor itself unstable. Magical energy seems to be spilling from the spell and within seconds, the dirt falls off. Marisa didn't have time to even acknowledge this before collapsing onto the ground. "Gah!" Her legs once again limp, she has no choice but to drag herself back. She manages to drag herself over to the nearest bleachers and pulls herself up. A bit of adjusting, and she manages to settle in on the stairs.

"I... I hope that... was good enough." She breathes heavily, a throbbing headache and exhaustion settling in. Her skin is still caked in dirt and the excess has been dropped on the floor. She hangs forward, hand gripping on the seat besides her, and pulls her chair over using her bag.

ChaosCrystal

黒竜 影
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 16, 2014
Crystal Nightwish

Gym - Metal Field - Battle Closing Call

As Crystal was sitting on the floor, waiting for the dust cloud to settle, she saw a trowing star comming at her, but missed by quite a bit. This told her that Jason was still standing, and still ready for battle, if only barely.

As the dust cleared she saw Jason with both shield and now a sword, gettign closer to her. As Crystal tried to stand, she found her legs were just not responding. As she noticed the dire situation, struggling to stand, while Jason was inching closer, Crystal's survival instinct kicked in causing a sudden surge and release of magical power.

This power release caused the gym to start shaking as if an earthquake was going on, but this didnt last long, a second later thin pilars of earth started to burst trought he gym floor surrounding the metal cage. All the pillars headed in Jason's direction, comming from all sides as they came crashing down on him, creating a small cloud of dust that quickly dissipated.

The sight that was revelaed was, to say the least, amazing. Not a single one of the pillars had actually hit Jason, but they were all criss crossing in every possible direction, tangled around his body, stoping any movement.

-I'd say its enough, dont you think?- Crystal's eyes had changed, they now showed a clear killing intent, even those aroudn the field watching the match were starting to back away, scared just by the look in her eyes. -If you continue, I don't guarante your life Jason.- As soon as Crystal said those words the parts of the pillars closer to Jasons body changed into sharp edges, all sitting there inches from his body, in a tangle of earth pillars.

The teacher judging the match stepped into the field and got as close as he could to Jason, tough when he got too close one of the pillars moved in his direction, turning into a spike, that stoped a few inches from his chest, in a sign to not get closer. The teacher looked at Crystal and just sighed, then turned and spoke to Jason. *So Jason, what is going to be? Continue the match or should we stop this?*

siiadams

Years
Jason Barrett - Metal field

Jason was, to say the least, surprised. As he got closer, Crystal unleashed a hellacious attack, causing thin pillars to ensnare him and stop him from getting closer. She then eluded to the fact that she had enough, but would basically kill Jason if they continued. Crystal had...changed. What would cause her to have so much hatred and then unleash it on him? He wasn't sure, but he knew one thing: this battle, test, whatever they wanted to call this crap...was over. As Jason looked into Crystal's eyes, he saw her intent on killing him off in order to be done. She even said aloud that she would if he'd continue this fight. Jason's eyes, though, showed compassion and a little sympathy for her.

It was then that he heard the teacher's voice, "So Jason, what is it going to be? Continue the fight or should we stop this?" Jason shook his head, "This fight was over before now. This match should be counted as a draw." His sword and shield melted away, revealing his regular arms. As he waited for the pillars to dissipate, his head simply hung down as his mind tried to process what all just happened here. The teacher cancelled out the last spell, freeing Jason from the trap and announced, "The battle is over! Jason and Crystal have both thrown in the towel. Therefore, this match ends in a draw!" The few students left watching them started clapping, applauding their efforts. Jason silently and solemnly bowed to Crystal before exiting the field and the gym, letting the door close heavily behind him.

He was a little shaken from all this. After all, this was the first time that his life was threatened by another. After a few minutes, he decided to take a walk around outside to calm down and relax. He knew he'd have to find his dorm and classes, but he figured he'd get to them when he had a cleared mind and relaxed body.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Friends
Spoiler:

Spells
Spoiler:

Yuri - "Shiemi" - HydroMancer &
Lia - GeoMancer

"Erm, hello miss, my name is Yuri. Pleased to meet you." Lia paused as she caught her basketball. She turned and found herself facing a small girl. Standing slowly, her eyes carefully observed her visitor. This "Yuri" stood a little bit shorter than, Lia's five-foot-four stature, she had bright blue hair and a darker shade of eyes to match. The seemingly nervous girl, had her hand out, slightly shaking, her eyes were barely squinted, and a face that looked as tense as it could be. The two stared at each other for what seemed like an eternity before Lia's face broke out into her signature, wide smile. She giggles before speaking.
"Why are you being so fancy?" Extending her own arm out, she took Yuri's hand. "My name is Lia! Nice to meet you Yuri!"

Yuri flinches a little at how modest Lia is acting towards her welcoming sentence before returning her hand to her side and sitting on the seat opposite to Lia. She couldn't help but smile nervously as se had finally had the courage to say hello to someone on her own.
"Thank you, Lia," she says before immediately fixing up her dress.
"I er, wondered if you erm, wanted to chat?" Yuri's epression was nervous and very frightened of rejection from Lia, it was all in her eyes truly.
"I mean, you don't have to if you don't want to, I just, I'm lonely, and you're all by yourself so I thought you could use company," her words are rushed and her mouth is slurring out the words as if yesterdays dinner was coming out.

Lia let out a quiet laugh at Yuri's formal nature.
"Yeah, sure I got nothing better to do anyways." She gives the nervous girl a warm smile.
"Why so serious? Just relax!" She reached out and gave the apparently frightened girl a playful shove. Yuri flinched at the shove a bit but giggled afterwards understanding Lia's playful attitude.
"What kinds of tea do you like?" She asked, albeit more hyped than the norm.

"Tea?" Lia's face scrunched up, trying to remember the last time she had drank the stuff.
"It's been way too long since I've drunk any tea... I'm more of a starbucks kind of girl." She grinned as she suddenly craved her one true love.

"Well, how would you like some tea, I mean they give you the neccesary stuff for it here in this room. I had some with Shima earlier today." Yuri's says smiling as she picks herself up and goes to a small counter and finds the boiling water and some tea leaves. Also on her way she picks up a small jar of honey and two cups, brining it back to the counter and spreading it across the table. She placed into the cups the tea leaves and the honey, and unusual method for making tea, added the water, then moves both her hands into a spiraling direction, casting her magic to fuse the ingredients in the cup together.
"That was one of my spells. It's nice to show off once in a while," she giggled, "drink up!"

"Dang, I wish I could do that type of stuff with my magic." Lia gave a off a short giggle of her own and received the steaming cup of tea. She breathed in the smell that the tea gave off.
"Mmmm! This smells delicious!" Dying to know what it tasted like, she took a large sip from the piping hot cup. As they say, curiosty killed the cat, and the insides of Lia's mouth were seared. It took a few moments for the pain to register, but when it did, she spit out the burning liquid. She sat there for a second, trying to push away thoughts of the burning sensation that her mouth was feeling.

"I'm sorry!" Yuri spoke quickly, "I forgot to put in cold water! Really I am so sorry!" her voice cracking with guilt.
"Are you okay, hang on let me get you some cold water!" Yuri quickly leaps up and runs to the taps, filling up a cold cup with colder water and running back to deliver it to Yuri.
"Drink quickly, and then look up to the ceiling, the fumes from the stomach acid will reach your mouth and try to cool it down!" A fearful epression spread across her face like she had been hit by a bus and seen a ghost at the same time!

As the insides of her mouth continued to give her a unimaginable amount of pain, Lia sat quietly staring at the ground. Yuri kept fussing about, but Lia had blocked out the little girl's continuing apologies.
"I think I'll be fine." Letting out a drawn out sigh, she looked up at Yuri's fearful face and took the cup of cold water.
"If it makes you feel any better, it tasted pretty good!" Giving her a warm smile (pun intended). Lia took a sip of the water.
"It's not as bad as I made it out to be, sorry about that."

"It's okay, just as long as you're okay, really I'm truly sorry about that." She knew after that she may not have the need to want to drink the tea again, so she prepared her mind not to be offended by it if it did happen.
"I hope this doesn't make things awkward between us?" She said shyly.
"No, we're completely fine," Lia stood up, trying to keep her mind off the agonizing feeling that had enveloped her mouth.
"Anyways, I'm guessing you're a water user, huh?" She picks up her basketball and let it slowly dissolve back into the pile of sand, from which it was made. "I'm a geo-mage!" Lia gives off a wide grin. "Impressive right?!"

"Yeah," Yuri said as the watched the sand fall to the table in a pile. She was indeed impressed, geo-mancers had quite the ability. Her spells weren't as impressive.
"I think that's the only unique spell I have, you know, disolving solids into liquids. I mean, if I wanted to I could disolve that sand into water and make someone choke, but I wouldn't of course, I'm not that mean. I really felt like it though during my match. Perhaps that's just my darker side finally submerging." She giggled and nearly fell off her seat in doing so.
"Ha, only kidding, I wouldn't dream of trying to kill a soul!"

"No, you seem like quite the serial killer!" Lia gave off a giggle of her own and the girls sat laughing together. The pain had begun to subside while the older of the two's spirits rose in opposite direction.
"It's good to know I have a friend here now." She said smiling, "anyways, where are you from? You don't look like you're from around here."
"I'm from the south, not too far from here actually," Yuri responded with grace. She was glad that Lia had labelled her as a friend despite the tea incident.
"I honestly didn't even know there was such a school for magic, it's quite incredible when you think about it..." Silence enveloped the room, nothing more was said for a short while.
"Perhaps we should get along to class?!" Yuri said with much enthusiasm before she alone went off to explore the school.
A joint post by Crimson0191 & ChilliDawgs

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

Years

Scarlett Rose

After Scarlett went in her "d'aww" mode, she got cut off by the boy. "Shh-shhhhh!" the boy replied while immediately closing the door. It seemed like no one was allowed to know that this kitten was here and that Scarlett found out on accident. "If anyone finds out and tells the staff, they'll make me get rid of him." the boy frowned at her, making her feel kind of bad when he took the kitten away from her and placed him on his lap while sitting on the bed. "He's an orphan too... He doesn't have a family to return to... It's something we have in common, and I couldn't just leave him to die..." He looked at Scarlett with pleading eyes, she could tell that this kitten was important to him. "Promise you won't tell anyone ... His name is Lance." He continued.

The boy probably realized that he didn't answer some of Scarlett's questions because he went on without giving her to opportunity to speak. "Oh, um... My name is Michael Latif Lee, and yeah... I'm an orphan... My mother died giving birth to me, and my Dad couldn't afford to take care of me, so I was put into an adopted home... But... They weren't very kind to me... I was gone more often than I was at that house. Eventually I was taken in by a kindly aging man, and he helped me a lot." Scarlett looked at him with pitying eyes as he paused. "So... What about you?" Michael asked her in return.

"Sure, I promise I won't tell anyone about Lance. I would feel guilty if he'd be taken away from you... can I visit him sometimes though? I love cats!" Scarlett smiled at him before turning to the ground with a look that seemed painful. "My father was killed when I was 12 years old. The men who killed him broke into our home and wanted to harass me. I somehow managed to summon a fire barrier around me and the men fled but not without killing my father, who was already unconscious, first." Scarlett paused to take a deep breath before resuming her story. "After that event my father's side of the family didn't allow me or my mother to attend his funeral, they said that it was all my fault that he died and broke all ties with us." Scarlett looked at her hands as her smile seemed to express more sadness by the moment. "My mother teached me how to use my powers correctly and helped me to get stronger. She deceased after some time because she couldn't stand the death of my father. I was left in an orphanage where I got bullied up until now." Scarlett glanced at Michael with still that smile on her face.

"I didn't hesitate a moment after getting that letter from Vale Institute. I was happy that I could leave that place." Scarlett added.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
MICHAEL LEE
The Gentle Water Mancer

Michael's Room
x
CHAPTER I,
Part VII:

"Behind the Vale"

"Sure, I promise I won't tell anyone about Lance. I would feel guilty if he'd be taken away from you... can I visit him sometimes though? I love cats!"

"Uh... Sure, if you'd like." Michael brushed the kitten's back, who at that point was just walking between the both of them, seeking out as much attention as he could get. "As long as no one else finds out." He listened in when she started talking about her life.

"My father was killed when I was 12 years old. The men who killed him broke into our home and wanted to harass me. I somehow managed to summon a fire barrier around me and the men fled but not without killing my father, who was already unconscious, first. After that event my father's side of the family didn't allow me or my mother to attend his funeral, they said that it was all my fault that he died and broke all ties with us. My mother teached me how to use my powers correctly and helped me to get stronger. She deceased after some time because she couldn't stand the death of my father. I was left in an orphanage where I got bullied up until now. I didn't hesitate a moment after getting that letter from Vale Institute. I was happy that I could leave that place."

"Yeah... Same here. I..." He shook his head, and his faintly glowing hair shook slightly before sliding back into place. "I am not very good with talking to people though..." He patted Lance's head lightly. "I get along better with animals. They don't make fun of me, bully me, or run away from me, and I don't even have to talk a lot to them..." He smiled faintly. "Nonetheless, I came here. I'm not very good at using my powers, so coming here was a good idea..."

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
Zane Reav

"Because I'm sure you've never been shot down before... blonde hair, blue eyes, did your parents hit default during character creation or something? Oh but I'm sure that winning sense of humor and obvious skill in making a first impression gets you far with women eh? Truly I'm in the presence of Vale's very own Casanova."

Those were the first words out the boy's mouth. Zane already knew he must've hit a nerve with his comments. It wasn't necessarily intentional, but Zane definitely didn't put any effort in preventing the outcome either. All in all, the boy didn't say anything that would really aggravate Zane, though anything involving his parents, his real ones that is, were a touchy subject. He didn't know them, and his growing up in an orphanage was something that he'd rather forget. The boy in the bed used a pillow to prop himself up before continuing.

"Still I think you'll find that once I set my sights on a fine woman such as she, giving up is simply not an option."

This time the boy broke his speech with a flip of the hair. In that instant Zane had a pretty good idea of what to expect from the guy. The hair flip, scarf, and the cocky persistence, the kid was definitely a hipster. Zane would know, he grew up in one of the most hipster cities, Seattle after all. Naturally, he wasn't fond of the culture, but he didn't have an aversion to the people.

"I'll be honest with you Blondie unless you plan on competing for her affection, a competition you would lose I might add, then I don't believe it's any of your business. Still... if anything you've said is true then it's that Miss Igna did in fact do a number on me physically... And NOT in the way I would have liked."

By this point Zane was losing interest in the conversation, mostly because the injured boy was proving to be pretentiously pompous. At the moment he was a husk of a person attempting to be showy, regardless of how pathetic many could view it. Zane didn't quite want the conversation end at this point, which is when the boy set him up for a perfect storm.

"Is that your doing then?"

That one question gave Zane a plethora of places to start. He knew it'd hurt his image with the boy, but at the moment he didn't really care. A reaction was what he sought, and there were two ways to get a reaction from arrogant people. One way was to question their ability, while the other was much more severe. The best way to get a reaction was to disregard their ability as worthless, an attack on their pride if you will. Systematically he came up with his response.

"I'm glad you noticed my inherent abilities to impress," he joked. "But it's a bit uncalled for on the whole parent bit. I don't even know my real parents, not that it matters." Slyly smiling, he continued. "Bet you feel like a jerk, making parent jokes to an adopted kid. It's whatever, though." A clearly darker shift in tone followed. "Hmm, I might have to steal this rose right out from under you. And believe me, if I want something you are definitely not going to stop me. I'd leave you in an even worse condition than you already are which is pretty pathetic from what I can tell. I mean seriously, are you even qualified to be here? Oh, and yeah, I shot him. That's why he's bleeding out."

There it was. Not only did Zane clearly make it out that he believed he was better than the injured boy in the bed, but he even slandered the worthiness of the boy's being here at Vale. If that wouldn't cause a reaction, then Zane wasn't sure what would.

Allen Hawke

Mr. Allen Hawke was messing around with one of the endless gadgets that were on his desk, typical of the tech geek. This time he was readjusting a set of Tetris block lights that a friend had sent him. These blocks were kinda unique since they could be taken apart and used to make various designs. No matter what he did, though, he couldn't seem to get them to form a perfect tower, always a block or two creating a gap. He continued to fidget with the device, but to no avail. This went on for several minutes until he received a message on his phone. It was from Kristen Vale, saying that he was needed in the gym for evaluations. He sighed and knocked the blocks over like a child would to their building blocks before heading off towards the gym.

It took him a few minutes to make it to the gym; Allen just wasn't a fast individual. He just meandered when it came to getting things done, something that Kristen's father, Henry Vale, often reprimanded him for. If it wasn't for his excellent ability in both Ferromancy and magic usage, he'd probably be looking for a different job. Regardless, he made it to the gym and now needed to do his job, even if he'd rather be playing with his gadgets.

One of the first people he noticed was a silver-haired girl seemingly doing nothing. Without even giving it a second thought he decided to go ahead and treat the girl as if she needed to have her evaluation. He just walked up and started to list off a few questions.

"Name, age, and element, please. In addition to these you must display your ability by demonstrating one of your spells. Should you need a prop, you will be given one."

Dualik

Eloquent Trainer
Years
Indigo Rogers
Infirmary

Indigo simply frowned with a raised eyebrow as Blondie mentioned his adoption. To be honest he did feel a little bit guilty about saying that. He was arrogant yes, but he wasn't heartless. Plus he knew what it felt like to have his parents abandon him... still, how was he to know this guy's situation? He couldn't so he could hardly be held completely accountable for his words and actions in that regard, yes it was still his fault, but he hadn't meant it to be as personal as it apparently was. Taking that into consideration he crossed his arms and spoke.

"Right... sorry about the whole parent comment in that case. I wouldn't have said it had I been aware." After his apology however, any sense of empathy that Indigo felt for the boy, quickly faded into something different.

"Hmm, I might have to steal this rose right out from under you. And believe me, if I want something you are definitely not going to stop me. I'd leave you in an even worse condition than you already are which is pretty pathetic from what I can tell. I mean seriously, are you even qualified to be here? Oh, and yeah, I shot him. That's why he's bleeding out."

This guy was onto something if he was trying to annoy an arrogant hipster. Insulting their pride, belittling their worth, acting as he they were the better person by default... yes truly, an arrogant hipster would be absolutely fuming by that point. But deep down (while he had never received it from those at a peer level) Indigo was used to being belittled, he had lived on the streets most of his life. To put it shortly, Indigo might have appeared to be an easily angered and arrogant hipster in the beginning... but that was only the surface of a much deeper character, that character being quite capable of taking criticism.

So rather than getting angry, Indigo unfolded his arms and held them in a half shrugging position at his sides and with a wry smile on his face, he responded.

"Say whatever helps you sleep at night Blondie, no skin off my bones. I got beaten by an Igna, which, apparently is to be expected, but despite that I at the very least managed to do some decent damage to her despite never fighting another mage properly in my life." Indigo snaps his fingers gently and takes a very matter of fact pose.

"You know what that means my friend? Means I've got natural talent within my grasp. Idle threats from pretty boys like you won't make me worried in the slightest." Indigo winked mockingly and crossed his arms again while smirking smugly at Blondie. He seemed to be completely disregarding the previously shot boy in the bed beside his one, though they didn't exactly seem like they were in the mood for chatting anyway.

Indigo smirked slightly then. Maybe this guy was a bit rude and upfront with his opinions, but then again so was Indigo and to be perfectly honest if for only that reason Indigo didn't find Blondie to be that bad a person. As such he relaxed his shoulders and laid back in his pillow, seemingly more comfortable.

"Still, if you wanna know why I'm here... well I'm not sure really, my best guess is that an old friend got me in here. Not sure how he did it, but I guess you could say this place was the best thing he could have given me before he-" Indigo paused for a moment. "-broke off contact." Indigo's smile flashed to something darker for a moment, but quickly reformed itself, albeit a little friendlier.

"Right then. My names Indigo Rogers in case you didn't know, but Indigo or whatever you want will do really. What about your name? Or am I not "qualified" enough to know it?" Indigo put sarcastic emphasis on -qualified- as if to mock Blondie's earlier attempts to anger him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back