• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Gijinka Academy ( Revived ) OOC

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Welcome to Pokemon Gijinka Academy (PGA for short,) a huge school campus located on an island off the coast of the Unova region. The academy is refuge to Pokemon gijinkas. It is a place where they can meet others like themselves, as well as hone and learn to use their abilities, as well as get a regular education (there are regular classes here too.) A Pokemon gijinka, is a human who is born with a Pokemon soul. It is not not yet known why these humans are born like this, however as a result, they are able to communicate with the species of Pokemon whose soul they share. They can also use that Pokemon's abilities, and in some cases they recieved some of the physical characteristics of that Pokemon. The academy is home to many gijinkas young and old. Few people know of it's existence. The academy has been around for decades, and has been able to be a secret for so long due to the presence of a few kind humans in the world.

However, society in general fears gijinkas. They are considered abominations and freaks of nature. Some parents send there children here out of shame after finding out their child is a gijinka. There are also humans who wish to capture gijinkas and use them for malicious purposes, as though they were a regular Pokemon. There are even some gijinkas who wish to use their powers for selfish deeds. However, the school has usually been good at spotting those with ill intentions.

Some gijinkas, save for their powers, and in some cases hair or eye color, can pass for "Normal" humans. There are others however who aren't so fortunate. They have the physical traits of a Pokemon, or have difficulty controlling their powers. It gives them away as gijinkas immediately. These type of gijinkas rarely leave the island.

The academy building, where classes take place, is a large nondescript building that's several stories tall. P.E. classes, are held either outside in a field set up for it behind the building, or in a small gymnasium nearby. Next to the campus on either side, are the towers for the boys and girls dormitories respectively. A walking distance away, there is the Academy Village. Despite being called a village, it is as big as a regular town, and contains all the things towns do. Including a movie theatre, several restaurants a shopping mall, and more. The island itself is tropical, there is a beach with swimmable oceans, and a large rainforest. Wild Pokemon do live on the island. These Pokemon are not allowed to be captured by anyone. They are usually studied in their natural habitat for the science classes.
----------------------------------------

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
History:
Pokemon:
Abilities:
Other:
-------------------------

Name
Age ( Between 26-31 )
Personality:
History:
Pokemon: ( No Legendaries )
Subject:
Ability:

You will have a Pokemon. Only one per character. It will be the same species as you are. It can speak human speech, but only you or any other gijinkas of the same species (This includes evolutionary families) can understand it.

Pokemon Sign Ups

Name:
Species:
Personality:
Moves:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Classes:

Pokemon History

Training 101

Items 101

Breeding 101

English: Ichimura Ketatsuki
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dorms:

Oshawott Blue:
1. Kyle Tyson
2. Shiori Hojo
3. Roman Townsand
4. Vance

Tepig Red:
1. Ryo Kyo.
2. Ashlyn Abingdon
3. Rancune Sanderian

Snivy Green
1. Nicka Maple
2. Jack Leftie Jones
3. Sten Dabras

I think that's everything.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Planning Events and battles. Also to talk to each other about the rp and say any improvements.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Done Editing. Finally another person in Tepig's dorm... I have a question to everybody here. Would you like to share rooms or not?

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
Ultimately, that's your decision, and I guess that really depends on how large the school is. (I don't imagine that Gininkas would be very common and therefore the school would be very small.)

Should the case be that the school is indeed very small, than it would probably make more sense for the rooms of each dorm to be separate, perhaps with some common area. Of course, the case could also be that the dorms are small and rooms are shared because the school isn't well funded. (Unless there's some big government conspiracy to hide away the Academy, I wouldn't imagine that there would be many people actually wanting to fun the place.)

In my opinion, I don't think that sharing or not sharing rooms would affect anything to any great degree. I would imagine that the dorms all have some sort of common area, so interactions within a single dorm would probably be more common, just as it would be if the characters were in the same room. Besides, if rooms were shared, than the characters in the same room were likely to already know each other and possibly have some history, which could be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it.

pokeman10000

Leftie
Years
I agree with the noob hacker, it's ultimately your decision and really wouldn't make a difference, but if the school isn't well funded then it would make sense for people to share rooms due to there being a small budget for the Dorms

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
I agree it doesn't make a lot of difference, but in my opinion, it would certainly be quite fun to have shared rooms, as it will quite easily provide people with a set-up for some character interaction.

(And...nevermind.)

Last edited:

Kota889

He who dwells in the Shadows
Years
I'd like to share actually. We'd have a lot of character interaction then. Plus, I'd get to play pranks on people easier. :D

which would probably be a downside for most of you.

But if you want to give us separate dorms that's fine too.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
IOve decided to get everybody a shared room. I'll put the roomates up later

pokeman10000

Leftie
Years
Do you think that (assuming there are shared dorms) it should be only one gender per dorm?

@Rapael wow, same time post.... awks

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
I think so.. Well I'm going to make my post about me arriving at the school. :P

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
Right, given that my character, as well as some others, have been on the academy for some time, I am going to assume they are already on the island and are just awaiting the freshmen to arrive then?

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Thats is a great idea... Lol well i'm going to post in a few minutes
Posted. Happy posing to everybody

Last edited:
Back