• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How many Pokemon will there be speculation thread

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I think it was confirmed that it would be over 750, but it may have been over 700.
We will not get less than 100 pokemon I am almost certain of. My guess is 130 to 140.

Also, I think there is also a similar thread, but I do not know the name of it exactly.
It was over 700.

130 seems to much though. My guess is something less than Hoenn.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hey guys, the "Pokemon Game Show" confirmed that the Kalos Pokedex Guide Book would be 800 pages long. This may indicates that there will be a large number of new pokemon once again.

The Black/White guide had 592 or so pages and the Diamond/Pearl had about 483. Even if there is 1 pokemon per page, that suggests that there will be over 150 pokemon this generation.

They could have 100 pages for Megalutions (Which I do not see happening), but that is still a large number of new pokemon.

Last edited:
Years
134, according to the random number generator that picked between 100 and 200.

a5gm0m.png

Years
Hey guys, the "Pokemon Game Show" confirmed that the Kalos Pokedex Guide Book would be 800 pages long. This may indicates that there will be a large number of new pokemon once again.

The Black/White guide had 592 or so pages and the Diamond/Pearl had about 483. Even if there is 1 pokemon per page, that suggests that there will be over 150 pokemon this generation.

They could have 100 pages for Megalutions (Which I do not see happening), but that is still a large number of new pokemon.
Couldn't those pages also be made up of areas? Kalos does look like it's a big region, so I wouldn't be surprised if most of those pages were for the region and listing all the new mechanics, new type, and of course the methods of Megaevolutions.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Couldn't those pages also be made up of areas? Kalos does look like it's a big region, so I wouldn't be surprised if most of those pages were for the region and listing all the new mechanics, new type, and of course the methods of Megaevolutions.

This is true, but as you said a while ago, Sinnoh was the largest region to you before Kalos. But it still only had around 485 or so pages. You also said Unova was probably the close 2nd region, and it had 592 pages.

Even if 100 to 150 pages was the areas and new,mechanis, and type. (10 pages for new type,120 pages for areas, and 20 for megalutions.) This still leaves me in belief that there will be at the very least 130 to 150 pokemon. My main theory for this is this: The Pokedex guide books have had less pages than the total number of pokemon.

Years
This is true, but as you said a while ago, Sinnoh was the largest region to you before Kalos. But it still only had around 485 or so pages. You also said Unova was probably the close 2nd region, and it had 592 pages.

Even if 100 to 150 pages was the areas and new,mechanis, and type. (10 pages for new type,120 pages for areas, and 20 for megalutions.) This still leaves me in belief that there will be at the very least 130 to 150 pokemon.
Oh right. Unova was actually the second smallest in terms of overall size. So I guess it could be several Pokemon...I do if we get another 150+ I hope that a great deal of those are evolutions (actual) of old Pokemon.

Years
134, according to the random number generator that picked between 100 and 200.

a5gm0m.png

I'm hoping it's something close to this number, it looks like a solid number of new Pokemon to get introduced in Kalos. It'd be like, close to how many new Pokemon we got in Hoenn so yeah good choice you have there.

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
I think there shouldn't be more than Gen 1, and no less than Gen 2. They should have plenty of evolutions like Gen 4, but should have the same charm as Pokémon from Gen 3. They should also show initiative like the Pokémon in Gen 5.

Sirfetch’d

I am predicting around 105. Unova really introduced a lot of Pokemon and I am not sure if the follow up games will introduce a number quite that large especially considering that Mega evolutions are being introduced as well. I'd also expect 10-13 legendaries in that group.

Back