• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Groudon, Kyogre, or Rayquaza?

Groudon, Kyogre, or Rayquaza?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I prefer Rayquaza over the other two, personally. It's got quite an intimidating design (which I really like), and it could fly without wings—just like one of those Chinese dragons. Isn't that awesome? Also, this Pokémon's better than Groudon and Kyogre statistically. Rayquaza has a variety of moves in its arsenal as well, giving you more freedom while building movesets for it. Its main weakness are ice-types, but it's still able to overcome them with attacks like Fire Blast and Flamethrower. Rayquaza is one of my all-time favorite legendaries; I've been mesmerized with it ever since I had first seen this Pokémon in Ruby. (:

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
My favourite out of the weather trio was Kyogre. Probably because it's a water-type and I was obsessed with water types back when I played through gen 3. It was also the first Pokemon I ever raised to level 100.

Karinmo

☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
Years
Im a Ruby fanboy, so instinctively ill go with groudon. But i loved kyogre in Sapphire, he was so powerful and one of my favorite Water Type Legendaries ever.
But groudon was a beast, and the first and only legendary I will use on my team other than Deoxys. (Hes cool too, right? Haha ^^)

blue

gucci
Years
Kyogre for sure, it has always remained as my all-time favourite legendary since Ruby & Sapphire were released. The only other two legendaries that come close to it are Dialga & Palkia.

Yukari

As much as I loved Groudon I like Rayquaza the best now :( sorry Groudon. Really is the design I like so much.

Years
Considering Rayquaza's arguably one of my favorite legendaries, it's easily my favorite of the Weather Trio. There was even a point back on Pokemon Emerald after I learned how to duplicate Pokemon that I had a party of six Rayquaza, all with different movesets.

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
Rayquaza, definitely. Not only it is better than the other two statistically, but the design is personally better as well. As a child, I always thought Rayquaza was amazing and awesome (and still is!) and--I just prefer Rayquaza.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
250px-384Rayquaza.png

Always Rayquaza ! cause Rayquaza is the version mascot of Pokémon Emerald, appearing on the boxart of the game. It serves to end the conflict between Kyogre and Groudon when Team Magma's leader Maxie and Team Aqua's leader Archie awakened them.
Along with Kyogre and Groudon, Rayquaza is a part of the weather trio, serving as its trio master.Rayquaza is a large, green, serpentine creature. It has red-tipped, rudder-like wings on its shoulders and down its body, and similarly patterned fins on the tip of its tail. Yellow ring-like symbols run across the length of Rayquaza's body and it has an additional yellow ring on top of its head. Rayquaza has two limbs with three-clawed hands, and two long, flat, horn-like structures on its head. It has small, yellow eyes with black pupils, prominent pink gums, and two discernible fangs in its upper jaw. It is able to soothe the other members of the weather trio. Rayquaza can live for hundreds of millions of years in the ozone layer, where it feeds on water and other particles. Rayquaza is rarely seen by people; even in flight, its appearance is indistinguishable from that of a meteor.

275px-Rayquaza_M07.png

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 28, 2014
Groudon all day, he looks the best and would smash the other two if it weren't for Kyogre's type difference!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 7, 2018
When I was 10 or 11 I loved Groudon until I discovered Rayquazza existed. I miss that feeling

Kaizaer Dragonovian

Kaizaer Dragonovian
Years
I'm the master of dragon's so obviously I choose Rayquaza (even though by some standards groudon could be a dragon). Overall I think we can all agree that Rayquaza is our favorite dragon type legendary.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
Raquaza, a huge monstrous Dragon who chills in the sky, Who wants to mess with that?

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 22, 2015
Raquaza is a Badass! It's possibly my favorite legendary to date. However, I truely do love Groudon as well. Kyogre... meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back