• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CSS Help & Resources

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
Years
I need help.

queenback4.png
rsz149.png

It should be fairly obvious what I'm trying to do, yet with my meager knowledge of css I'm unable to come up with a solution by myself. In other words, it would be greatly appreciated if anyone could help me out with placing the dragonite correctly according to the battle screen. (when I try to input "margin-top: 0px;" for instance, it decides to herp a derp and get below the nidoqueen.) I'm really stuck :/

Also, does anyone know if there's a code that automatically crops anything that's outside the background-code? For instance, if I were to have the full back sprite of Nidoqueen, does a code exist that makes it appear like it is now w/o me having to crop it manually?

Sorry to bother all of you with my petty problems.

Years
I've got a question, I'm sorry if this has already been asked, and I don't usually do this but I'm in a HUGE rush.

So, is it possible to override the CSS markups of a website?

Like, say I wanna mess with the width of EVERYON'S posts, if I really wanted to, could I?

(I don't want to, this is going to be reference for a site I'm proposing add the CSS-DIV tags to...)

Stylish may be what you are looking for.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
Okae,i don't know if this was answered or this is a simple solution to it..
okae basically this is what happen,this is the css when i want to post
Spoiler:

But after i post,the css will look weird like an extra thing come out
then when i edit the post,it will show this
Spoiler:

this is what happen,a whole lot thing come out

Years
I'm 99% sure this problem is because you're using the WYSIWYG (whizzy-wig BD) editor for text. Edit your options, then change your text format option, or "Message Editor Interface", to Standard or Basic, then with your original code again.
A quicker way is just clicking the button in this image:
postbutton.png

would've helped if I read the thread first.

Oh, by the way, you can wrap BBCode in [noparse][/noparse] tags, instead of adding asterisks and what have you.
[b]See?[/b]

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Okae,i don't know if this was answered or this is a simple solution to it..
okae basically this is what happen,this is the css when i want to post
Spoiler:

But after i post,the css will look weird like an extra thing come out
then when i edit the post,it will show this
Spoiler:

this is what happen,a whole lot thing come out

Issues are arising because your CSS coding had BB code around it, such as colours and blondness etc.

This is correct:

This is not:

So, keep your coding unformatted. Befriend this button:
removeformat.gif
, wrap it around you CSS coding.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Ok so I am trying to learn CSS, which is confusing since I cant understand any kind of code. I can manage hex # for colors though :D

Anyways i have the firebug add on (I think this was the reason I switched from Google Chrome), I open it and I can't tell whats what mostly, since it goes through more then just 1 persons post or thread. I was able to mess with youtubes name :P.

Any help with this? I would really like to learn something :)
Sorry for all the useless info

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
If you're using firebug and want to inspect a code, you simply right click the area of the page you want to look at and you choose "inspect element". This will bring up all the CSS and HTML (or scripts) in that area. However, you should attempt learning CSS coding as best you can before taking a look as most won't make much sense without a little former knowledge of the properties. So I recommend looking at the various tutorials and resources scattered throughout the thread, the first post should hold plenty of links to get you started.

Years
You're using the post editor that shows you what it will look like as you post it, and does not show you the code. This is called a WYSIWYG editor. Select all the text for your CSS and click the button that says "Remove Text Formatting" when you hover over it, otherwise your CSS code WILL NOT WORK.

Alternatively, you could turn off the WYSIWYG editor on your "Options" page in your User CP, and then you'll be able to see all the coding that goes into your posts.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
Years
What's the code for changing the color of hyperlinks? My knowledge of CSS is pretty basic but I *think* I know how to do it, I just... don't know how to make it work on PC.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
Years
That's all handled by BBCode here on PC, if I recall correctly.
Hmmm... I've been over the BBCode list a few times already, so I guess it's not there. Either that or I'm blind and/or retarded. xD

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
You're using the post editor that shows you what it will look like as you post it, and does not show you the code. This is called a WYSIWYG editor. Select all the text for your CSS and click the button that says "Remove Text Formatting" when you hover over it, otherwise your CSS code WILL NOT WORK.

Alternatively, you could turn off the WYSIWYG editor on your "Options" page in your User CP, and then you'll be able to see all the coding that goes into your posts.
When i press that butto,a whole big of words come out..is that it?
if it is,so whenever i want to put a css,i just go to this mode and put the css?
then edit from there

Years
Spoiler:
I was bored, discovered how to make circles in CSS, and thus made a set of traffic lights. Opinions?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I see your circles, and I raise you a triangle.

Anyway, rather good composition, I once made a Pokéball with CSS. Similar method, so if you get bored you should try that out. But as I say, pretty cool. CSS art is fun once you get the knowledge of advanced coding, mush like CSS typography.

Years
I see your circles, and I raise you a triangle.

Anyway, rather good composition, I once made a Pokéball with CSS. Similar method, so if you get bored you should try that out. But as I say, pretty cool. CSS art is fun once you get the knowledge of advanced coding, mush like CSS typography.
Hm, a Pokéball...seems challenging.

I'll try it out.

Back