• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harry Potter // Fan Club

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I feel your pain. That happened to me quite a lot, in fact.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Everyone signed up for the Pottermore updates? When I read more about what's to come, it's made me so excited! I haven't been this excited in like, 5 years...

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Everyone signed up for the Pottermore updates? When I read more about what's to come, it's made me so excited! I haven't been this excited in like, 5 years...
I submitted my email, but I don't really read my email though. XD

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
Years
I'd like to join as well :)

What house are you in? Ravenclaw
Wand description; Made of Holly, 8 1/2 inches, with a unicorn tail hair core.

I am a very big fan of Harry Potter, I have every single movie which has been released on DVD - and I am seeing the final movie in the cinema this month!

My favourite character is Hermione - followed by Ginny + Luna, and then it'd be Fred + George, then Harry

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Finally, someone who broke the ice! Huzzah! xD

Anyways, I'd like to ask you guys. What's the mystery behind Antonin Dolohov's curse? I've been quite intrigued by that spell ever since I read about it. So, what's your stance, guys?

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Uhmm it was a spell that he uses. It's like using the wand to slash, pretty much like sectumsempre, I guess.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
Ohhhh, right, right. I remember!
...I didn't really think much of it, lol. xDD;;
The Death Eaters didn't really intrigue me all that much, to be honest. Eheh... ._.;
I really need to go through the books again. o3o

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
That "slashing" spell was brutal and nasty. :/ I wish they showed some kind of similar scene in Movie 5. Bit disappointing there.

If it was Sectumsempra then there'd be blood spilling everywhere nonstop. Perhaps its some variant?

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I assumed that it was a variant at first, too. I wonder if we'll ever know what the incantation is. And if using the incantation either powers up the spell more or whatnot.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Anybody watched the midnight release?! We should post what we thought of it (in spoilers of course)!

Years
Have any of you read Mr Gum and the Cherry Tree?
'Cause at the beginning, it says something like 'The sun was shining, and the birds were playing Quiddich in the Treetops.'

More On-Topic, if you have played LEGO Harry Potter, then
What is your favourite part(s) of the game?
Mine is, so far, the Quiddich and the Transfiguration with all the LEGO lol :)
I wish you could actually play the Quiddich though, instead of just watch it.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Have any of you read Mr Gum and the Cherry Tree?
'Cause at the beginning, it says something like 'The sun was shining, and the birds were playing Quiddich in the Treetops.'

More On-Topic, if you have played LEGO Harry Potter, then
What is your favourite part(s) of the game?
Mine is, so far, the Quiddich and the Transfiguration with all the LEGO lol :)
I wish you could actually play the Quiddich though, instead of just watch it.
Quidditch* Quidditch* Quidditch*

;)

Well, anyways, another topic to answer is, have you watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 yet? What's your opinion about it? Do you think they made a good adaptation of it from the book?

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
Have you watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 yet?
Of course I have!

What's your opinion about it?
Absolutely Brilliant.

Do you think they made a good adaptation of it from the book?
I think they did a great job, for sure. There were things they could've improved on, but I was very, very pleased with the movie in the end. Oh, and man. The 19 years later scene was awesome. Though, I wish it had more conversation. Albus and Harry were the only ones talking. o3o

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
Years
Anybody watched the midnight release?!

I DID! :D Here's what I thought of it

Spoiler:

Did anybody dress up for the movie? Who (or what) did you dress up as?
I dressed up as Hermione :)

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
I'm going tonight at 8 PM to watch it in 3D, and what's even more, (I wasn't able to go tho), the guy who plays Malfoy (Tom Felton) stopped by close to my house and was signing autographs, my cousin got four autographs somehow XDD

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
^Wow, that's so cool!

It was a good adaptation for a movie, I suppose, but the lack of backstory always gets to me XD I can't help complaining, although I know it would get in the way of the action scenes the audience wants to see. Anyone else *love* the scene where Snape was crying over Lily? Wow, it was really just so sad to see him so upset. And I've only really just noticed, but I *love* his delivery for lines. I love all of his pauses. I would've gone to a midnight showing, but the cinema near me doesn't do those sorts of things...I suppose it's only larger ones.

I now feel rather sad that Harry Potter seems to be all over now. No more books, no more movies...I know there's going to be Pottermore, but ah, I can't help feeling sad.

I just watched that behind the scenes thing that Ben Shepard does every movie. Dan actually seems like a funny guy, and Rupert seems so cute and shy. I feel so old now, because I remember watching the one he done for COS XD

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Wow, she's lucky. I saw Tom Felton in a new movie with Taylor Lautner, called The Abduction. Looks like he wants to speed up his career. :)

Spoiler:

I now feel rather sad that Harry Potter seems to be all over now. No more books, no more movies...I know there's going to be Pottermore, but ah, I can't help feeling sad.

It's because of Pottermore I don't feel as sad as I would be.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
If it weren't for Pottermore, I probably would've killed myself already. ):

Back