• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Wow that was a derp on my end, its in code now. xD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
how do i introduce myself

Click this link and then you'll be making a new thread in New Users/Welcome. Come up with a title, and something to post - so for example include why you joined this forum, a bit about yourself/your general interests, just so the community can get to know you a bit better than they would've if you didn't make an introduction thread. :3

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Do user notes disappear after awhile? I had a whopping two, but now I have a more understandable amount of zero! :(
I'm having non-stop forum problems today.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
No, they were deleted for an unrelated reason.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Where to post such a thread?

Okay, let's say that I'm making a form of Journal for Pokemon Brown, but from the character's perspective. Actually, wait- that's exactly what I'm doing. (Playing using a DS, no cheats here!)

Where am I meant to post such a thread? [Being gone for 9 months or so is a horrible thing in that you don't remember anything]

Zero Darkness

The Cripple Who Is Whole
Years
There is that option in the profile to put a video from youtube, how you do it,I tried but it always just not showing?!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
There is that option in the profile to put a video from youtube, how you do it,I tried but it always just not showing?!

Have you selected the "Swap video with profile picture" option just below the place where you put in the video?

Years
The thing is, you just need the part after v= in the URL. We'll use the link below as an example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVxPmuQqjBY

See the URL? Notice how there's a part after the "v="? That tells it what video to look up on YouTube.

You copy everything after the "v=", and then paste it in the box for the YouTube video. Then you type "v/" in front of the text you just pasted in, and it should work properly.

So, for the video I linked, you'd need "v/gVxPmuQqjBY" in the YouTube video box.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Out of curiosity, what in the world is up with the [size="a"] BBcode in some member's posts?
It's appearing in every one of their posts, so I imagine it has something to do with their auto-format settings in their user options, but "a" isn't really an option last time I checked. :o

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
The PC app is the one that causes those codes to appear. Whenever someone makes a post from the app, it automatically generates those weird BBcodes. It can be fixed just by editing the post though. :/

edit: Leafy beat me. haha.

Years
A quick reply has a watered down editor. Post Reply takes you to another page where you can title your reply, check boxes to enable/disable smilies, display signature, upload attachments and do other cool stuff with your post.

You can see if someone replies to your thread by susbscribing to it. You can do that either by clicking the thread options drop down box at the top of every thread and subscribing that way or you can set it to subscribe to all threads by changing the option in the posting and messaging part of this page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back