• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm out of fancy names

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
Years
So, as I'm doing pretty well for pretty much the first time ever in Dream World on the PO server, I might as well share this team with you guys so I can improve it. It has a pretty good win/loss ratio atm, but CC is always helpful. :D

The Drawing Board

I wanted to base this team around Chandelure, one of my favorite Pokemon in BW, it's just so awesome I had to try it out.

609.gif

After I picked Chandelure, I wanted something to cover it's weaknesses. Krookodile was chosen, resisting Ghost, Dark, and Rock.

609.gif
553.gif

Now, I faced a problem. Both of these Pokemon were weak to Water! My solution was Water Absorb Suicune, owning Bulky waters and removing Ground types from play.

609.gif
553.gif
245.gif

Now, my offensive core was complete, and I began to look for a lead. There were many choices, but in the end I went with a quite underestimated one, Scolipede. Why Scolipede? Well, its base 112 Speed spoke for itself. It can lay down both Spikes and Toxic Spikes, as well as OHKO'ing Espeon and Whimsicott with Megahorn.

545.gif
609.gif
553.gif
245.gif

I wanted a wall and a general annoyance to opponents, and who does the job better than Ferrothorn. With those mammoth defenses and decent Attack, this thing has never failed to help me out. (Except for dying to most Fire attacks, but hey, nobody's perfect)

545.gif
598.gif
609.gif
553.gif
245.gif

The team was almost complete, and I think a janitor was necessary for cleaning up the rest of the opponent's team. I decided to go with Hax 'R Us, because of its sheer power when equipped with a Band + a Rivalry boost.

545.gif
598.gif
609.gif
553.gif
245.gif
612.gif

Unfortunately, Chandelure was banned, which meant that I would have to replace it with something else. When I asked what a good replacement would be on the PO server, someone suggested Gengar, so I decided to try it out. It worked spectacularly. :D

545.gif
598.gif
094.gif
553.gif
245.gif
612.gif

And this is the current team. Probably one of my most successful teams so far. Anyway, I'll move on to the movesets.

In Depth

545b.gif

Scolipede (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Poison Point
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Megahorn
- Earthquake

As I explained earlier, Scolipede works surprisingly well as a lead, being able to set up two layers of Toxic Spikes most of the time. Any extra turns can be spent either attacking with Megahorn or Earthquake, or I can choose to set up Spikes.

598b.gif

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Believe it or not, this guy actually kills things more than walling them. It's incredible bulk is nothing to laugh at; it can even take some Fire moves without going down! It can also provide Rocks for the team, and the more layers, the better. :D

Spr_b_5b_094.png

Not animated :/

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Disable
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Whoever made this Gengar set is brilliant. It stops things such as Conkeldurr cold, by using Sub on the turn they Payback, then using Disable, causing them to be unable to do serious damage to it. Shadow Ball and Focus Blast are there to provide perfect neutral coverage.

553b.gif

Krookodile (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

This is the team's revenge killer, capable of taking on a myriad of threats and easily dispatching them with its high Attack and Speed. Krookodile also obtains an Attack boost after it revenge kills a foe, making it even more threatening.

245b.gif

Suicune @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Roar

This Suicune is very similar to the ones seen in Gen IV; however, there are two major changes: Water Absorb and Scald. Water Absorb allows Suicune to gain HP whenever it switches into a Water Attack, which is very helpful. Scald allows me to hopefully burn physical threats, making them crippled. Roar is for messing up Baton Pass chains, and Ice Beam is for coverage.

612b.gif

Haxorus (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Rivalry
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dual Chop
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Brick Break

Meet the janitor, the AXEFACE OF DOOM. It will arrive on the battlefield with a fierce look on its face, and in less than a split second it will be gone and leave a path of destruction behind it. Dual Chop is there so I can switch and not be screwed by Steels, as well as for breaking Subs. Earthquake is damage incoming Steels and others weak to Ground. Outrage is there for when I know all Steels are removed from play, and Brick Break is there for some extra coverage.

Hopefully you enjoyed my team, and don't forget to leave some comments :D
[/BADCLOSING]

Years
While I myself have never played in the GenV OU metagame, I just finished reading an article on GenV threats, and only have one thing to add to this; Apparently Jellicent goes well with Ferrithorn. Jellicent has your Water immunity as well as many of Ferrithorn's resistances, making it and Jellicent a good defensive core. However, it's just a suggestion; you're defensive core seems well off as is.

Besides all of that, you're team seems (to me, at least) a model team to be looked upon. Good luck with your battling!

(Is there a site to help with GenV competitive battling? Smogon has no say on the matter currently.)

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020
(Is there a site to help with GenV competitive battling? Smogon has no say on the matter currently.)

I second that! Also on topic this team seems to be pretty well covered, I can't help but think it's prone to Scizor without Chandelure but apart from that it seems great. All you can really do to find out how to build from it is to keep battling and see how it goes! :) Also well presented lol.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Suicunes not really that op though, its not in the Uber tier?

Nope, Suicune is OU/UU (Idr) so it's perfectly fine to use, Ceremony is just hatin'.

I hate it when people use legendaries on their teams

Why? If one is in the OU tier, then it is Ok, I could see your point if it was something like Rayquaza or something, but it's not, it's Suicune.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022

Smogon is still an incredible resource. While they don't have everything on-site yet, they still have most of the Gen V related things nearly ready to post and put on-site anyway. You just have to look on the forums. :B

Quayke

MVP(okemon)! Ballin'!!!
Years
  • Seen May 30, 2011
While I myself have never played in the GenV OU metagame, I just finished reading an article on GenV threats, and only have one thing to add to this; Apparently Jellicent goes well with Ferrithorn. Jellicent has your Water immunity as well as many of Ferrithorn's resistances, making it and Jellicent a good defensive core. However, it's just a suggestion; you're defensive core seems well off as is.

Besides all of that, you're team seems (to me, at least) a model team to be looked upon. Good luck with your battling!

I agree as well. Jellicent also can serve as an excellent spin blocker for the spikes and toxic spikes that Scolipede sets up.

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
Years
I don't know why I didn't mention this before, but the reason I chose Suicune over Jellicent and Vaporeon is one move: Calm Mind. This allows Suicune to set up on other bulky Waters, which is something the other two can't do all that well. While I would like the spin-blocking ability of Jellicent. I have Gengar to block Spins. I used to depend on Chandelure for spin blocking, trapping things like Forretress and then Ko'ing them.

Also, Scarfed Genesect seems to hurt my team A LOT. I'm thinking of replacing Ice Beam on Suicune for HP Fire. Is that a good idea?

Back