• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In depth Advance Map tutorial

link12552

decade club
Years
Okay, disregard my last post, I've figured everything out.

I just have a simple question... if a map's border were too narrow, could one just shift the map over a couple of "X coordinates" in order to have more room on the left side?

From what I'm reading, I take it that the left side of your map is not in correspondence with the border or that you don't want the player to see the border.
If this is the case I would recommend changing the size of the map's width in the header tab by how many ever you see fit and then moving everything on the map to the right.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2010
Yes, I have to do that. I was just wondering if it was possible to do that someway instead of doing it manually through right-click and whatnot.

And I just hit a roadblock that is more important than anything else right now... I'm connecting two different routes horizontally, but for some reason, they won't connect. I've tried multiple offset numbers and I can't seem to figure it out. According to all my other maps that have worked, they should have no offset, but they're still not working...

When I load the ROM into virtual boy to play it, I notice that some tiles are not affected by the weather alterations I've used in the map. For example, I've used one of the fog/mist weather types and some of the tiles are not affected and they just stand out completely, and the weird thing is is that those tiles were ones that I edited but rather ones already in the ROM.

Last edited:

ChaosNinjat

Dragon Ranger
Years
Hey, this a great tutorial, it's really helped me, but is there way to create and add you're own custom made tiles to the game?

Reygok

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
I don't get the thing with Disappear People. I gave a person the ID 0001 and set the flag 0x1 but the person didn't disappear.. I tried with many different ID's but the person never diappeared. What am I doing wrong?

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2013
Hi
I am hacking pokemon emerald and I do not know how to add a new map in folder where are maps of littleroot town.
Could somebody help me??

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2011
HELLO
HOW I CAN CREATE A NEW MAP
EVERY TIME I CREATE A NEW MAP
I DON`T KNOW WHERE IT GO IN "FROM HEADER"
PLEASE TELL ME HOW I CAN MAKE A SIMPLE NEW MAP?

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2011
i hav a problem... ive redrawn pallet town and got rid of all the events. now when i put people on, they dont show. not even with only one person on the map. can someone please help

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 6, 2017
Reygok

I don't get the thing with Disappear People. I gave a person the ID 0001 and set the flag 0x1 but the person didn't disappear.. I tried with many different ID's but the person never diappeared. What am I doing wrong?

I think you should place the flag as 0x0001 so it matches the ID, just a suggestion

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
Years
Uhm, ok, question: When I go to insert a new map, it puts it under the first header, so... If I were to create a reserved empty space in a different header, could I replace that space with a map?
BTW, @brianboitano, Try putting it at the bottom of the list (pos. 12), these Pokémon almost never appear:D

Years
  • Seen May 25, 2010
Im kinda new and this is my first ever post :) so i wanted it to be quite helpful. I understand many people wanna hack emerald, and i do cos its good, so i did this- I went through all the tilesets to make a list

0+1=Littleroot/Oldale
0+2=Rustboro/route 104
0+3=Dewford/Battle Tower
0+4=Slateport/Slateport Beach
0+5=TrickHouse/Desert/Some flowers
0+6=Lavaridge/Mt.Chimney
0+7=Fallabor/MeteorFalls/Contest Halls.
0+8=Fortree/TheWeatherInstitute
0+9=Lilycove
0+10=Mossdeep(inc.Rockets)
0+11=Evergrande City
0+12=Pacifidlog/Sky Pillar
0+13=Sootopolis/CaveOfOrigin(entrance+groundon/kyogre fighting grounds outside)
0+14=Battlefrontier
0+15=more Battlefrontier
0+16=???
0+17=Marts/DepartmentStore
0+18=Pokecentre(all floors)
0+19=Caves(all types)
0+20=Pokemon School
0+21=Devon Corp(presidents office)lux furniture
0+22=???
0+23=More meteor falls (good stuff)
0+24=Slateport Museum
0+25=Union Room/Record-MixingRoom
0+26=Slateport SodaPop Shop (on beach)
0+27=Florist on route 104
0+28=Daycare centre
0+29=Slateport Building Docks (generators etc)
0+30=CycleShop/New Mauville
0+31=Moss Cave
0+32=???-Includes quite cool cave bits
0+33=SecretBase/Fortree??
0+34=SeeAbove
0+35=???-Includes quite cool cave bits (like as if you're in space/metal cave)
0+36=More Secret Base-I think :)
0+37=Brown version of 35
0+38=Inside of truck
0+39=Strange Floor symbols
0+40=ContestHall
0+41=Lilycove Art Museum
0+42=Inside your house
0+43=Prof.Lab
0+44=Underwater
0+45=Petalburg Gym (mats-look like saffron dojo)(gym5)
0+46=Ice floors (sootopolis gym-but can be used for caves...)(gym8)
0+47=More house-like bits
0+48=Game Corner
0+49=Roxanne's Gym (gym1)
0+50=Brawly's Gym (gym2)
0+51=Watson's Gym (gym3)
0+52=Cool warpy things (Flannery's gym (gym4)
0+53=TrickHouse-direction editors
0+54=Fortree gym-probably-(gym6)
0+55=Twins gym (gym7)-mossdeep
0+56=abandoned ship-some good stuff here for ship maps and suchlike
0+57=???
0+58=Elite4+champion
0+59=GameCornerCOllection place (think so)-good stuff for cinema map,red carpet etc.
0+60=Battle Castle or Hall. need confirmation
0+61=more frontier crap
0+62=and some more
0+63=Battle Pike (definitely)
0+64=Battle Something-the place which is in a garden...
0+65=Battle Pyramid -some good stuff here-fire and stuff
0+66=More cave stuff-basically 19 but with colour variations. good stuff here too-ice panels
0+67=??? some odd waiting area
0+68=Slateport/Aqua hideout-submarine area (inc doors)
0+69=Trainer Hill(all floors) good stuff here.
0+70=more good cave stuff additions to set 66
0+71=Battlefrontier record place.i think
0+72=inside of contest halls
0+73=some more house bits
0+74=more union room stuff
7+23=Meteor Falls stuff- in centre of set has red craters- good for fire area???

red panda

Mew Fan
Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2019
I thank you for this tutorial, it really helped me know the ins and outs of Advance Map, however, I've got a bit of a problem.

I was making a map out of a Beta map in Fire Red, the warp to the map is your player's bed, I tested the warps in game, they worked fine after a little trial and error. But then I went to make the interior map of a lab that Beta Island map, and after testing, the screen would turn black.

After a bit of snooping what had gone on, I found out that when I go to change the Beta Map's name, the Lab interior mimics this command and has the same name.

I'd like to note that when I did make a new bank completely for the insides of the island(it has caves and stuff), it gave me a replica version of my modified Beta Map, so I'm guessing both maps are kinda linked.

Problem is, though, I don't know how to delete the lab to get rid of this problem, let alone don't want to delete it, so how can I fix this problem without resorting to deleting one of the maps?

I can give pictures if you need them.

Pheonix_slayer

WASUP YALL?????
Years
hey

thanks, this tutorial has helped me with many a things that i had trouble with except this.
when you make a new bank and map, how do you create a new name. i usually insert maps, but then (even if it is in a different bank) if you change the name, then every single map with that name changes. on my advance map, it said there are 5 available new names to create however it is gray and wont' let me click on anything dealing with it. does anyone know how to create new map names totally?

Back