• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokémon Helio Version

Which starter would you pick?

• Chamelica - Grass Starter

Votes: 110 26.6%
  • Kittorch - Fire Starter

Votes: 197 47.7%
  • Pireel - Water Starter

Votes: 106 25.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
lol don't mean to go shooting my mouth off, but I joined Calis Projects today (and revived 2 threads accidentally :p) and found something quite interesting.....
and I'm pretty sure the game will be at least at beta 2 before you run out of Pokemon to show.

Again, thank you for the more-than-obvious reference :P

Also, yes, we do have tons of pokemon, but not in every type. Imagine if people vote dragon 6 times in a row? We dont have that many dragons.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
@Starrmyt look at Malachite's thread, no one type-trolls at all in there, us PC members are quite fickle, we always change what type we are voting for. I've never seen a type twice in a row.

Starrcasm

Years
@Starrmyt look at Malachite's thread, no one type-trolls at all in there, us PC members are quite fickle, we always change what type we are voting for. I've never seen a type twice in a row.

Even so, that's Malachite/Uranium's thing, i wouldnt want to be seen as copying them.

We at Helio Version do not like copying other games in anything. Please be sure to ignore the format of our first post. xD

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
Well Uranium "Copied" Malachite and OI didn't care at all, but each to his own.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
I just started recently here, but this has got to be one of the best homebrews I've ever seen! I've played Shiny Gold and am now playing 2 of the ruby destiny's and tried the Demo for Zephyr. and plotwise, this is just sik-bawls! I can't wait to play this, man! ^^ Definitely watching you!

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
^err, I don't think you can play it on homebrew, its made in rmxp, so you play it on your computer.

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
Another sprite update! This time I'm skipping toward the end of the dex, so then we can wrap up the whole Rayquaza Myth thing. These are the three spirits of Rayquaza.

buster9647115547iaza.gif

Buster
The ID Pokemon
Type: Fighting/Ghost
Ability: Pressure

BUSTER is believed to have been formed from the agression of a dead pokemon. It is most well known for attacking anyone who comes near it.

spectver8011620675iaza.gif

Spectver
The Ego Pokemon
Type: Steel/Ghost

SPECTVER was formed from the soul of an ancient pokemon. Its steel shell houses the energy that gave this pokemon life.

nessa3527963780iaza.gif

Nessa
The SuperEgo Pokemon
Type: Water/Ghost

NESSA was formed from the conscience of an ancient pokemon. It is very peaceful and will only attack in self-defense.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
Another sprite update! This time I'm skipping toward the end of the dex, so then we can wrap up the whole Rayquaza Myth thing. These are the three spirits of Rayquaza.

buster9647115547iaza.gif

Buster
The ID Pokemon

BUSTER is believed to have been formed from the agression of a dead pokemon. It is most well known for attacking anyone who comes near it.

Spectver
The Ego Pokemon

SPECTVER was formed from the soul of an ancient pokemon. Its steel shell houses the energy that gave this pokemon life.

nessa3527963780iaza.gif

Nessa
The SuperEgo Pokemon

NESSA was formed from the conscience of an ancient pokemon. It is very peaceful and will only attack in self-defense.

the ideas are creative, its hard to imagine these as real Pokemon though, imo.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 14, 2013
Spectver reminds me the Moon from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.
But... they do not have the pokémon feeling, it's true...

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
Years
Must resist, must resist...

fine.

THREE DAYS! THREE DAYS!

But seriously, besides the "they don't look like pokemon" comments, do you have any suggestions then? This is not an accusation, this is an honest question. We'd love to hear all your comments, and also why you don't think they look like pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2011
Id, ego, and superego? Congratulations on creating the only original legend trio I've seen in a while.

Either way, I don't see much of Rayquaza in them. I'd try to include some of those patterns on his body in there somehow.

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
buster9647115547iaza.gif

Buster
The ID Pokemon

Its the best out of the bunch, but thats not saying much. First of all, we've all seen putting boxing gloves on pokemon too much already from pokemon like makuhita and hitmonchan. He himself is really just a bedsheet with gloves, not really much originality or personality. Doesn't help that he doesn't have any eyes, which I realize a pokemon doesn't have to have, but I think 98% to actually a 100% of existing pokemon at least have eyes whether they're closed or not.

Spectver
The Ego Pokemon

Really typical design that I could see in a platforming game or halloween themed disney cartoon/movie. Its just kind of there.

I think it is a good design for what it is, but it seems like a pokemon that had a major feature, and then it was taken out.

nessa3527963780iaza.gif

Nessa
The SuperEgo Pokemon

I like the dark clouds at least, but really its just a black worm coming out of a cloud. Once again I think a face would help. I also think maybe giving it something to make it allude more towards a water type than a flying type would help.

Obviously you do what you want with your designs, but personally when I design a fakemon I picture everyone in the world being at the same table, and being told to make a fakemon. Then I try to think, what can I do so that way my fakemon doesn't look like the people's fakemon next to me?

Of course if you had to make a red panda thats a fire type, most people would think, "oh It'll be cool if I make its tail on fire", but instead you could have flames from its nose or ears.

I realize this stuff sounds obvious, but it just SEEMS to me that some of you sprites are missing a creative spark.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
Must resist, must resist...

fine.

THREE DAYS! THREE DAYS!

But seriously, besides the "they don't look like pokemon" comments, do you have any suggestions then? This is not an accusation, this is an honest question. We'd love to hear all your comments, and also why you don't think they look like pokemon.
Originally Posted by aquakip

buster9647115547iaza.gif

Buster
The ID Pokemon

The typing is creative, but the rest isn't. First off, legendaries have better names than "Buster", that hardly fits a fighting type. And why is it an ID pokemon? The sprite looks outdated as well.

Spectver
The Ego Pokemon

Now this one looks the oddest to me, it wouldn't slide as a Pokemon anyday, it looks like the final boss from fossil fighters to be honest.

nessa3527963780iaza.gif

Nessa
The SuperEgo Pokemon

I really don't understand nessa, I like its look, but it just seems a tad off.

----------------------
Maybe I was too harsh, maybe we've all set the bar too high ever since Aquakip showed us the amazing sprites he made for the starters. I don't mean to rip anyone's game, just stating my mind.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
This has always been one of my favourite games, for your creativity and enthusiasm, but mainly for your fakemon and their high quality. I must say however, I do not like the new legendaries.

First of all, I think it was an excellent idea creating legendaries based of Freude's psychic apparatus from his model of human psyche. Completely original and with great potential. However, none of them look like legendaries or are named like them. I like the typings but the designs are not up to the high standards I've grown to expect from you. In all honest opinion, I think you should scrap those sprites and redesign them completely.

I think the should reference Rayquaza by having his markings on their bodies. Or they could each have different markings that could fit together to form Rayquaza's (although they don't actually "fit" together). They could also seem more animal-like. For example:

Id could be ghostly (tranparent perhaps) blood-red bull with Rayquaza's markings. (based on the star sign Taurus) Check this out (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070717222659/yugioh/images/d/d3/AbareUshioniDR3-EN-C-UE.jpg)

Ego could be a large ghostly (again transparent?) pale blue crab with Ray.'s markings. (based on star sign Cancer)

Super ego could be based on Virgo or Gemini and be gold/whte with Ray.'s markings and resemble a ghostly angel (or two angels).

These three could reference both the star sign and the psychic apparatus they represent. eg. Idurus, Cancego etc.

They could also be not huge, like Rayquaza, but sort of 5ft-ish to show that Rayquaza is no longer whole.

Possible typings

Id: Ghost/Fire or Ghost/Fighting
Ego: Ghost/Steel
Super-Ego: Ghost/Flying or Ghost/Dark (Ghost/flying could refernce Rayquaza's past self by being part flying)

This is of-course just an idea but I think I think you should consider something along those lines. I just want these legenderies to be as good as the likes of your ice and fire legendaries you already have.

Good luck as always.

[Apologise for poor spelling and grammar in places, I'm supposed to be doing mapping for my own game atm.]

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
^that's quite the idea cynic, and yes most Helio-mon are high quality, though it seems like these were made by a different spriter or before aquakip broke through.

Comparison
003leafegon.gif
Leafegon is beautifully shaded and detalied.
buster9647115547iaza.gif
Buster is minimally shaded and lacks detail.

Starrcasm

Years
Alright, lets put this matter to rest with a bit of explanation, shall we?

I started this project a WHILE back, [mid 2008] and we didnt really have huge intentions to do anything with the sprites at that point, much less a full video game. We made the trio rather early, even before the whole Rayquaza idea came into play. Because of this, we only made 3 ghosts, as they were to be a ghost trio. Our old spriter, DRaB, came up with the ideas of Steel, Water and Fighting, and we decided to give them corny names. We never really did anything with the designs, Aquakip resprited them recently with the same designs that we had back in 2008.

Only yesterday did I decide to attach the Id Ego and Superego ideas to the trio.

I do like The Cynic's ideas, and there is a strong possibility that we will redesign these pokemon.

Stay tuned for a Geography update tomorrow on the first area of Emort which will not be encountered in the demo: Tern City and Route 303.

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
Years
Wow, guys, I'm impressed. To be honest, I didn't really care for these sprites very much, and didn't really know what to say. Your ideas are all awesome, especially The Cynic. Much thanks to you. I'm gonna put on some pressure to see them resprited. We'll get back to you with the results. Thanks for the amazing outburst of help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back