• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Houndoom vs. Arcanine vs. Ninetales...who wins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
I'd say Ninetails looks the best. I like Houndoom because it learns crunch, but I like Ninetails a lot more.

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2007
I'd love to say the breath-taking Ninetales...it is very swift. But Arcanine would have the best chance I believe. But I'd love Ninetales to have the edge on luck and win!
~Strawberry Vulpix~ :t037:

Years
My pick goes to Ninetails.
Not only do I think it will win, I love it's appearance. It's such a beautiful pokemon.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
Years
Well, Ninetails is my favorite, but I'd have to say Arcanine would probably win out of those three. (and technically Nintails is a fox xD)

Keitaro

Urashima
Years
Yes I'm being bias when I pick Arcanine because he's my favorite Pokemon but I have facts to back it up, yep, yup!

Arcanine packs the physical attributes like Double-Edge and Take Down that could pack a heavy punch against a Houndoom that is part Dark and extreme speed could be the advantage useful against a Ninetales. But just like every Pokemon it just depends on how well they are trained and used in battle. I plan on training a powerful unevolved Pidgey, lol.

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
Years
I like these things...just simulate it in your mind,with their natural abilities....Houndoom isn't a strong fast,or whatever as Ninetails and Arcanine..so he's out....

Then the final showdown....Ninetails "MIGHT" rough Arcanine up a bit,but Arcanine has the advantage over speed and power.....so it would knock nine tails out...

(Houndoom would lose to Ninetails' Agility,and Grace and stuff....I have a good feeling Ninetails and Arcanine would work together to defeat Houndoom anyways...)

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
Years
Keitaro said:
But just like every Pokemon it just depends on how well they are trained and used in battle. I plan on training a powerful unevolved Pidgey, lol.

hmm.. if you were talking about in the anime, training a powerful unevolved pokemon is possible (like the Indigo Plateau episode where Ash fights a Bellsprout... even Pikachu lost..); but in the game, it's hard. I tried that before, and it really wasn't easy. I evolved my Pidgey only at about level 50+.. I gave up training the unevolved in the game because it's really not that easy.. (although it did seemed like a fun idea in the beginning...) :P

I'm not asking you to give up training that unevolved Pidgey, but yeah.. you gotta stand strong ^^

Erin Moonnite

~Keeper of the Golden Muffin~
Years
Well, you can look at this logically, also. There may be a level advantage, or disadvantage! But supposing all these Pokemon are at level 100, we'll take a look at their attacks and stats, supposing these are wild Pokemon.

Houndoom
Attacks:
Odor Sleuth (Learned at level 35)
Faint Attack (Learned at level 43)
Flamethrower (Learned at Level 51)
Crunch (Learned at Level 59)
Stats (Discluding Nature)
HP: 290
Attack: 215
Defense: 135
Speed: 225
S.Attack: 255
S.Defense: 195

Arcanine
Attacks:
Helping Hand (Learned at Level 37 [Growlithe])
Agility (Learned at Level 43 [Growlithe])
Flamethrower (Learned at Level 49 [Growlithe])
Extremespeed (Learned at Level 49)
HP: 320
Attack: 255
Defense: 195
Speed: 225
S.Attack: 235
S.Defense: 195

Ninetales
Attacks:
Flamethrower (Learned at Level 29 [Vulpix])
Safeguard (Learned at Level 33 [Vulpix])
Grudge (Learned at Level 37 [Vulpix])
Fire Spin (Learned at Level 41 [Vulpix])
HP: 286
Attack: 187
Defense: 185
Speed: 235
S.Attack: 197
S.Defense: 235

My Thoughts
Well, Houndoom has the advantage of two Dark attacks, although both Pokemon have high S.Defense. And everyone here thinks Arcanine has the Speed advantage over Ninetales, well, you're all wrong.(According to my findings) Arcanine actually has a Defense and S.Defense disadvantage. And I must say, so does Houndoom. Ninetales has the highest Defense, S.Defense, and Speed of the both of them. But Ninetales has to learn all of it's attacks from Vulpix. Ninetales also has the Ability of Flash Fire, as does Houndoom, but Houndoom as two which is Early Bird and Flash Fire. Here, I see that Arcanine doesn't stand a chance, due to it's stat disadvantage. Because, you see, Ninetales powers up when hit by fire attacks.(So may Houndoom.) I see Ninetales the winner of this big battle, due to the fact of stats and special ability. But then again, Houndoom may win if it has the Flash Fire ability. If it does not have this ability, thye Ninetales would win. (According to my findings.)

Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2012
Hmm... *deep in thought*
Interesting, interesting. houndoom is one of my favourite pokemon from the cartoon, and ninetails is one of my favourite shiny pokemon, yet arcanine has a very special place in my heart.

Most people have been saying that houndoom has an advantage by crunch. This is not the case as neither ninetails or arcanince are especially susceptible to dark moves (and a breeder would know that breeding houndoom with crunch and arcanine bears a Growlithe with crunch! :D)

Looking at the stats in the post above, it seems like the competition is down to arcanine and ninetails.

Arcanine has a definitively lower (-10) speed, and far inferior (-40) SpD. SpA, even though it is much higher won't necessarily help due to Ninetails' Flash Fire ability, so yes. Arcanine loses in a firefight with Ninetails..
Is this the end for the swift and majestic lord of the plains?
Will the quick brown fox indeed jump over the lazy dog?
it appears to be so
However...

How is everyone overlooking two of Arcanines superior stats?

I would like to point out a ridiculous 320hp (+36)
and whats this!? 225 attack! (+68!)

Hmm.. it appears everyone has forgotten Extremespeed?
Woops, it also appears that the previous poster made a Booboo. Look at the defence stat again
Arcanine clearly has 10 MORE defence than Ninetails, not LESS.

What we have established statistically thus far:

Health: Arcanine
Attack: Arcanine
Defence: Arcanine
Speed: Arcanine (due to extremespeed)
SpDef: Arcanine
SpAtk: Ninetails (but who cares. arcanines SpD and HP can tank it)

My strategy would be to breed a level 59 Houndoom male (for crunch) with a similarly levelled Arcanine female. The resulting Arcanine, once levelled to 100 would have crunch, (making the "houndoom has crunch" argument invalid), and using extremespeed constantly, would easily be able to crush Ninetails (invalidating any other arguments against Arcanine).

I made an account JUST to spell all this out for you guys, i hope this is sufficient proof that Arcanine is God.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Whoa. Don't revive thread so old please. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back