• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vednix

:D
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
I looked, didn't find anything. I just got advance map today, and I am wondering-how do I go and play on the map? I already have warps.

You would have to save what you have done so far and then play your ROM in a GBA emulator. Thats the only way of doing it.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Is it possible to change wild pkmn data for a map (temporary and/or permanent) through a script?

The wild Pokémon data is stored into ROM therefore it can't be changed through a script. You would have to make a custom ASM routine that loads the data from RAM instead.

Exon

Hacker in Training
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 18, 2010
Insert the map into itself.
[offtopic]10000th post in the thread!

Unfortunately, this didn't work, I tried doing the re-insert twice just to be sure that I didn't do anything wrong, but to no avail. Are there any other ways I could try to fix this?

EDIT- I have tried some other things...like looking for free space w/ FSF and using the offset given and using it as the map offset. Usually this didn't work, but there were one or two offsets where the map was accessible but looked wacky, had no pokes, ect.

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2009
battle animation sprite

im looking for a program that will allow me to edit the sprites where you throw the pokeball in the battle scenes. I've looked, but can't find anything. can anyone point me in the right direction?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
im looking for a program that will allow me to edit the sprites where you throw the pokeball in the battle scenes. I've looked, but can't find anything. can anyone point me in the right direction?

The back sprites? These can be easily edited in Tile Molester alternate, just google it. It's needs to be alternate so it can load .pal files. Look in the tutorials sub-forum if you need to know how to do it ;P

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
Years
Errr....I'm trying to insert a tileset into Advancemap. I understand everything...except the guy who made the tiles didn't put in a background color, and I'm confused how to. What does it specifically have to be? If anyone can explain or point me to a place that thoroughly explians, that would help a million. :)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Errr....I'm trying to insert a tileset into Advancemap. I understand everything...except the guy who made the tiles didn't put in a background color, and I'm confused how to. What does it specifically have to be? If anyone can explain or point me to a place that thoroughly explians, that would help a million. :)

I believe, in whatever palette you're putting it into, the first color is technically "invisible", and cannot be seen in-game. So, just use that.

Correct me if I'm wrong, though; I just woke up from a nap. :3

how do i edit the title screen of f\r without buying anything?

You don't have to buy anything in the first place. All you need is VBA, APE, and unLZ.gba, all of which are free. Oh, and maybe something to edit the images, like GIMP or MS Paint, which are both free as well.

ATM the Mudkip

A Mudkip
Years
Alright I was resizing Littleroot town. I put the length at 50. But it seemed kinda big, so I put it down to 40. Then suddenly Littleroot town disappeared, and whenever I try to load it it says "Invalid Map-footer Pointer..." That exact text. So I create a new map, theres no more border block, and if I save and leave, it all deletes itself again. Wtf?

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
The wild Pokémon data is stored into ROM therefore it can't be changed through a script. You would have to make a custom ASM routine that loads the data from RAM instead.
Have TV swarms been figured out? That seems like the most obvious option to me.

PI Hudson

Can be random for hugs> PIE!!!
Years
Hex, finding offsets and start/end of script

how do I change the city that i start in?
Which Generation? Put a little more information in your questions than that. We're not psychic, you know. (But wouldn't that be cool!:D)
But if it is in the Advanced Generation, I can help you. Go to the Toolbox section in this forum and download Start Map Chooser Advance(also know as 'SMCA'), I think its in Hackmews' Toolbox(check Hackmews' signature too, there is a link in there!). Search for it if I'm wrong. The program is pretty straightforward.

1 - I'm kind of lost on how to find offsets for stuff. I'm not looking for people to give me offsets, since I want to try and understand the language by trial and a lot of error. Could someone please point me to a tutorial or something on how to use the VBA for this?
------------------
2 - Are there certain things that start and/or end a hex script, like in these forums that identifies bold by and .
------------------
I think I saw a tutorial about finding offsets, but wasn't meant to teach that, just to be learned in the process. I kind of just glance through that page though. Oops:nervous:.

Right now, I'm trying to find the start-up 'movie' beginning to end but all I've figured out is the general area of it(because of image offsets I found in UNLZ and searched for them in the ROM).

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Have TV swarms been figured out? That seems like the most obvious option to me.

Not really but TV swars are time based, hence they're probably not implemented at all in FR/LG. Also, there's another thing. When there's a swarm, you just get higher chances to see a particular species. Which is not what he wanted, I guess.

Years
Is it possible to change wild pokemon data (doesn't matter if it's temporary or permanent) through a script? Or does that require ASM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back