• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 5, 2021
I caught PokéRus. How can I keep it forever in 5th gen?

"Incubate" them.

Spread it to one Pokemon before the virus goes away and put the first Pokemon in the PC. Then take the 2nd Pokemon who just got the disease and spread to another one, etc.

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
Either my search terms are poor or no one has come across this issue, I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction.

A long time ago, I got a copy of Pokemon Black from Gamestop on the day of release, and within a few hours of playing, I caught an Audino, and I named her K'Tia. In the time I've battled with her, I obtained Hidden Power and her ability was to put Pokemon to sleep from time to time. In the 60+ levels I've battled with her, this has never changed.

Well, until recently. I've started getting into the battle trains in order to get BP to help my Raichu's defense, and I noticed something odd -- I used K'Tia as part of my battling circle since she has the best balance of moves to start with, but her Hidden Power no longer puts Pokemon to sleep - instead it paralyzes them. I wrote this off as the end effect of capping all the competing Pokemon to level 50 and assumed it was more akin to "borrowing pokemon like the ones I entered, retaining all the same moved", kind of like how Pokemon Stadium uses a Ditto to "clone" registered Pokemon. However, after I completed the battle train segment (and rage quitted after I lost a battle due to the opponent using Explosion. He fainted FIRST! >_<') I started going back to normal battles, yet K'Tia's Hidden Power seems to have stuck -- She still paralyzes Pokemon instead of putting them to sleep. My research tells me this is not supposed to happen -- any ideas on how I can fix this? Preferrably without having to catch another Audino?

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
Whoa. Hidden Power doesn't do that. Secret Power, however, can do that. And Secret Power depends upon your location as to what its effects are.

Yep, that was what it was. I guess I need to be more perceptive, but then again, I've also been insanely lucky to have Secret Power always do the same effect since it was learned, so I didn't think to look it up. ^_^' Thanks for the quick reply as well.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Is it possible to reach Relic Castle and catch a Yamask before challenging Burgh? I need this to help with a project involving the Monotype Challenge, and it would be much appreciated to find out.

Years
Is it possible to reach Relic Castle and catch a Yamask before challenging Burgh? I need this to help with a project involving the Monotype Challenge, and it would be much appreciated to find out.

Sorry, no.

The northern part of Route 4 (which includes Desert Resort and Relic Castle) is blocked until you get the Insect Badge.

So unfortunately you need to defeat Burgh before you can get Yamask.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Alright, thanks! It doesn't hurt me, I just need to know if there's a ghost before the 3rd gym so I can keep track of things better.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Alright, thanks! It doesn't hurt me, I just need to know if there's a ghost before the 3rd gym so I can keep track of things better.

Yamask is the first of the ghosts if I recall. I think it goes Yamask, Frillish (Since you get surf around Driftveil I believe), Litwick, then Golett as their areas appear. Yamask are only in Relic Castle which is only available after the 3rd Gym. Frillish is available on various sea routes after you attain Surf. Litwick is after Mistralon, 6th Gym in the Celestrial Tower. Golett is in Dragon Spiral Tower after Icirrus (7th Gym). I think that's the order they appear story wise.

Years
Yamask is the first of the ghosts if I recall. I think it goes Yamask, Frillish (Since you get surf around Driftveil I believe), Litwick, then Golett as their areas appear. Yamask are only in Relic Castle which is only available after the 3rd Gym. Frillish is available on various sea routes after you attain Surf. Litwick is after Mistralon, 6th Gym in the Celestrial Tower. Golett is in Dragon Spiral Tower after Icirrus (7th Gym). I think that's the order they appear story wise.

Actually, Litwick is encountered before Frillish because Surf is obtained after the 6th badge, and you need to go through Celestial Tower before taking on the 6th Gym.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
In the Dream World, is it possible to bring back more than just one Pokemon? Because it says when I get one Pokemon, the rainbow road will be closed until I brought back the DW Pokemon into my DS.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Just one! Unless you got another Pokemon from an event and haven't brought it back yet, then you can get more than one. Otherwise there's only one from the Tree of Dreams!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
In the Dream World, is it possible to bring back more than just one Pokemon? Because it says when I get one Pokemon, the rainbow road will be closed until I brought back the DW Pokemon into my DS.
I believe you can only bring back one at a time. After waking your Pokémon up, the dream comes true and the new Pokémon appears at Entree Forest in the Entralink.

I should get around to trying that today. Haven't done it at all yet.

Cyclone

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Such a pain to wake it up, go to the Entree Forest, catching it, putting your Pokemon back to sleep which takes very long =/

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
is anyone having problems with the PGL? I keep signing in but it says wrong username or password. I made sure I typed everything correctly and when I try to do 'Forgot your pasword?' I type in my email and it says 'Oops! It seems that Pokemon.com has had an unexpected error. Don't worry; the site administrators have already been notified and they'll try to have the problem fixed soon.'

This is really starting to get on my nerves >.<

Years
I have heard on another forum that people have problems logging in too. So maybe it's a general error. It's working fine for me though on both my Japanese and German account. You could try mailing the support about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back