• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

XD003

The Silver Rose of Chaos
Years
Damn only 2-3 days and already 3 pages... this hack is that good apparently, although i already knew that. I cant wait for the new version, i beat the current version in 1 day <i sleep too much, and play games all day, but not anymore> but this hack was HARD, all those new events and map changes. And, i love the pictures.
by the way, will the next version be the final one or the one AFTER this next one?

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Wow this took about 3 days for me to beat, well it was very enjoyable.

The Aggron at Sea Cave was a cool add-on :D

I can't wait to play the next beta.

Well good luck, zel.

(Wow I think your going all the way and release a full hack.) (Most people give up.)

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Well, I have been thinking, and I think I found a way to fixthe Cerulean gym problem with the tiles.
The solution is expanding the map and making a second gym, and putting a scripted warp in the entrance. If you haven't meet Misty yet (you have to meet the rocket in the gym first), the script warps you to the first gym, with all the water filled with 4's. And, when you meet Misty, the game sends you to the second gym with the trainers. Obviously, the machine part must be in both.

LiquidR

I am the shadow on the moon at night
Years
I really enjoyed this hack and I still do ;)

I hope the next Beta will be out soon.

BTW the new music rock's :P

clonex25

Just droppin' by...
Years
Nice work on the music, zel. You have two promising composers there. I'm looking forward fro the next release so that I can listen to the G/S music. I also hope that it jives with the Sevii music in the game.

Don't worry. I'll pray that you'll find a way to get that random thingy. Otherwise, special events would be nice, for a change.

martauros

Now I'm back!. HG&SS&SGforever
Years
Zel I've goy an idea how to get the dogs.
On roue8 there'll be a cave. When u go to the cave, there'll be3 next caves(Thunder path, ember(or flame) path, vapour(or sea) path. In the end of these paths there;ll be dogs!

(thunder-raikou
ember- entei
vapour-suicune)
On thunder path should be Thunderstorm
On ember sandstorm
On vapour a mist( coz rain is in thunderstorm)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
by the way, will the next version be the final one or the one AFTER this next one?

No, the plan is: Beta5, up to Fuchsia. Beta6, up to Mt.Silver (thus, the end of the "normal" game) Beta7, all the added extras. Final Release, the free of bugs release. And then, most likely there could be improvment releases, but most likely the Final would be the last.

Well, I have been thinking, and I think I found a way to fixthe Cerulean gym problem with the tiles.
The solution is expanding the map and making a second gym, and putting a scripted warp in the entrance. If you haven't meet Misty yet (you have to meet the rocket in the gym first), the script warps you to the first gym, with all the water filled with 4's. And, when you meet Misty, the game sends you to the second gym with the trainers. Obviously, the machine part must be in both.

Yes, it's kinda as I did with Silph. Yes, that can work (as long as people don't mind the door's warp not opening and the warp working automatically, 'cause that's what would happen)
But, hey! You are getting a scripting mind! XP

Nice work on the music, zel. You have two promising composers there. I'm looking forward fro the next release so that I can listen to the G/S music. I also hope that it jives with the Sevii music in the game.

Don't worry. I'll pray that you'll find a way to get that random thingy. Otherwise, special events would be nice, for a change.

Yes, I need to insert a few more tracks that birthofdna sent me. The Sevii music is GS-remixed music that I may or may not use (maybe I should change everything so it sounds everything in the same style)

martauros: I already have something in mind for the dogs. It's related with the stuff I still don't want to say, so wait till I release that info.

Well, that's all. Good to see everything's calmer now (or perhaps the mods have been working while I was sleeping? :P), anyway, I'll come back later.

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2007
@Zel: I was just thinking about this a while ago, maybe you have already thought of it. But, are you going to throw in an event so that you can trade pokemon with emerald because in fire red, you know, at the sevii islands you have to get the ruby and the saphire to trade with emerald. Maybe this can be in one of those extra events that you were talking about. But I was just reminding you.

Thanks for a great hack! =]

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 7, 2010
sweet

Ok well I was introduced to this game with the pirated version i borrowed froma friend. And I did a bit of research and I love this hack. I can't wait till the b5 comes out cuz i got a pr0 team :D beat shiny gold in 3 days :/ so i need something else to do and I wanan catch all 386 pokemon including the "dum dum dum" legendarys. I got a shiny celebi and shiny ho-oh :D after loads of resets. I just wanna catch mewtwo I was kinda angry to find that the entrance to mewtwo had a block >.> and what about the dragons den is that leading to something special to? with the boulder blocking the path, :/ I can't wait to have some more fun on b5 give me a heads up on when you "expect" it to come out cuz I know it ain't out now I just wanna know how soon i can expect something sweet ^_^

Later

-Stricken

Scizor for life!

Gerri Shin

  
Years
first off. I'd like to say, welcome back and awesome job on this hack. I've played through it and its wonderful, (Nintendo ought to hire you). I do have a couple ideas for some of the legendaries, but I won't mention them here(spoiler) . All I can say now is keep on adding whenever you get a chance (I know how uni life can be).

Spoiler:

Zowayix

hi
Years
hey, didn't zel say in his old thread that he would do something about talking with prof. oak in pallet town and then being able to trade with RSE?

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2009
Some pokemon level issues I found in Shiny Gold X while you were on break:

-When you fight J&J at Silph Co., their arbok is only level 40 while the rest of their pokemon are level 52
-When you fight that Rocket who stole the machine part, his Golbat is only level 30 or something, a bit low compared to the rest of the game

I also noticed that most high level trainers seem to like using Double Team with their pokemon. Is it just a coincidence?

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
Years
  • Age 32
  • Utah
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
Yes, I read the walkthrough you did, and I was quite happy to see how you made it ^^ (though that's Noland... not Carlos >.<), I'll also post a link in my Tourist Center to have another, more graphical, option for a walkthrough.
Who's Carlos then? Is he a real character from somewhere? Are they supposed to look alike?

And another thing..

In most guides you pick up for Pokemon games, you get these route maps, cave maps, city maps, etc.. Would you be okay with my going though and screencapping a bunch of stuff like that for my guide.. thing?

El Moss

General Cool Guy
Years
Hey zel i want to play the game but i dont want to have to get a new file for the next release 3rd problem is that i dont want to miss any important scripts or really cool changes so how far can i play whilst still eluding the phantom restart (grammatical disaster lol :laugh:)

Awesome, glad to have another thread for this. I'm not too far, only at Goldenrod, but I love it.

On another note.. Zel, I've been working on this for a while, I'm not too sure what you'll think about it. If you'd rather me not work on it, because of the secrets it "ruins", I'll abandon it. It only goes up to where I'm at right now (Goldenrod, again), and it's still "Version one", so it's not perfect, but..

*Shrug*

Awesome guide! but i have to point out that rock is super effective against flying (not that important other than that... awesome guide!

Back