• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: PKSV - Pokémon Script Editor + GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowSky

Embodiment of Death
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2011
For that you just need to go onto A-Map and get rid of the script tiles in Oaks lab. Easy enough but make sure you get rid of the right ones because the others stop you running away before getting your Pokemon.

As for the national dex that should also be in the used flags part of the program, if not, PM me and I'll get it for you. x

EDIT:

Just looked and the national dex flag isn't in there. So here it is...

Spoiler:

Just insert that into the script. :P
I'm going to have to do more than that. It freezes right after I'm done talking to him when he gives me the pokedex.

Perhaps I should explain ALL that I want to do to make some things simpler...

I want to just walk in, talk to Oak and then have to choose my pokemon, so no being guided by him. I want to delete the Gray Person event so he doesn't take a pokeball nor battles me. (so basically I take a pokeball and two remain both saying 'This contains the pokemon you could have chosen.' or something along those lines.) Then, you still can't leave, you have to talk to him again to get the National Dex, then you can be on your merry way, and that's it. I know there's so much that Oak does in his large script that I don't know what to keep and what not to keep; plus, I don't want to delete and start anew cause I'm afraid I'd screw up something very important in the game, and would have no idea how to regain it.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
#dyn 0x740000
#org @main
lock
faceplayer
comparevar 0x7000 0xFF
if == call @scriptHello
comparevar 0x7000 0x0
if == call @scriptChoose
comparevar 0x7000 0x1
if >= call @scriptDex
showmessage MESSAGE_NORMAL
release
end

#org @scriptHello
message @strHello
return

#org @scriptChoose
message @strChoose
return

#org @scriptDex
message @strDex
' code to activate pokedex goes here.
setvar 0x7000 0xFF
return

#org @strChoose
= Go on! You can have one\nof the pokemon.\lChoose one you like!

#org @strDex
= Here, take this pokedex. You'll want it later on.

#org @strHello
= Hello, \v\h01! I see you're taking care\nof the pokemon I gave you.\lIt really seems to like you.
^ Something like that. You need to set the variable 0x7000 to something greater than or equal to 1, and less than 0xFF when the player chooses a pokemon. ( use PKSV's script gen and use the flag that sets the pokemon menu for each one. [ and add a 'setvar 0x7000 < something between 0x1 and 0xFF > before the end command. ]
It's been a long time since I've cracked open a script editor, so some of the commands may be different, and the syntax might be incorrect. I did the best I could in 2 minutes and no research. If you need more info, I've written a PKSV scripting tutorial in the documents and tutorials section. Set oak's script offset to main, and delete all the other events, and you should be good. (:

ShadowSky

Embodiment of Death
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2011
It took alot, but I finally got what I wanted. (sorta) I had to edit a lot of that script to make it work. (like how you had no callstd(s) after the messages. ^_^) But now I have other problems. The scripts that prevent you from leaving Pallet Town, I deleted all but one, and instead of oak coming from out of the blue and leading you to his lab; I made it like in emerald where a girl tells you to get pokemon first and you can't leave till you do so.

The problems are that after the first time she tells you to get pokemon, you can go through and it won't happen again even though you have no pokemon. There's that, and then there's the problem where when you do go in his lab after activating that cutscene (like you're suppose to) Professor Oak appears in front of you and the original FireRed scene happens where Gary talks too (even though hes not there) after that, you can talk to oak, choose your pokemon and two are left, talk to Professor Oak and he gives you the pokedex without having to get the parrsol. I want the cutscene in the lab gone so you have to go up to him to get your pokemon.

Here are some scripts.

Can't leave Pallet script:
Spoiler:

And one of the Pokeball scripts straight from the game: (I edited it a bit)
Spoiler:

ShadowSky

Embodiment of Death
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2011
Ok, I did more edits and I got everything working! Thanks guys. I even learned about vars, especially the connection between setvars and green script boxes. ^_^

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
Glad to hear that you got everything working.
Congrats on having the will to help yourself. That will take you a long way, and allow others who can help you to take you much more seriously. :)

Super Red

Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 5, 2011
Cool! This seems much easier to use than XSE (Probably because I'm a beginner).

Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2011
Hi, this is my first time on poke'community.
I have no idea how to add what the poeple say or do to my fire red rom.
can someone help me?
Lugia rules!

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2011
i got a request for the thing "check pokemon" to remove the object if the pokemon ids match

Years
Hi,

first of all i want to say thank you,
it is a really helpfull program for beginners like me,
i learned a lot in just a couple of days, still i'd like to see a couple of things.

maybe a list of a couple (prefered all) commands,
how they work, how to use them, which parameters to use (don't know if it's the right word for it)
it's just that i'm having some difficulties with something like this:

Spoiler:

and i had an idea of a another automatic script but it hid itself somewhere in my mind xp

anyway, thanx in advance!!

Greetz,
ShaHar

TheShinyMew

Wild Challenger appeared!
Years
Can you make a script where I find a Pokémon in the Pokéball instead of the item? Because I need it for my hack of Ruby.

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
Hi, i have idea, you and LU-HO (Author of AdvanceMap) can make map editor and script editor tools or fusion both tools and make one for androids. It will be realy cool, and some peapole will be able to crease some things then they are out.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
Hi, i have idea, you and LU-HO (Author of AdvanceMap) can make map editor and script editor tools or fusion both tools and make one for androids. It will be realy cool, and some peapole will be able to crease some things then they are out.

Well, that's nice and all, but notice something:
The OP has long since abandoned this project. Lu-Ho is already working very hard on his map-editor. Asking him to make more changes seems kind of silly. Third, I'll let you in on a secret: I'm fairly certain somebody will make one with a built-in script editor ( relatively ) soon. As far as I can tell, there's a race to see who can build a functioning map-editor, not loose the source code, and make a script editor. Don't expect that for a long time, though. And Android apps are largely web-based. Uploading ROMs and making them available for download is illegal ( or largely frowned upon -- anyways ), which I don't think Android would enjoy endorsing by hosting an app for us. Third: there's no way in crap you're going to cram a ROM into your phone. It's too large. Well, you could. But you would have to have no other apps, no music, no photos, etc. Or atleast, a very minimal amount.

-- I may be wrong on the map-editors being developed. I haven't checked on the progress of them in a while.

RedPika123

Red, The Ultimate Trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2013
When i try to use it on A-Map it says the system cannot find the file specified

PLZ HELP

AustinWolff

has left
Years
Big question: what is a setvar? also, what is the difference between a setvar and the flags?

Hi, this is my first time on poke'community.
I have no idea how to add what the poeple say or do to my fire red rom.
can someone help me?
Lugia rules!
you click the "quote" button on the bottom right of a post

Last edited:

The Void

hiiiii
Years
Big question: what is a setvar? also, what is the difference between a setvar and the flags?

you click the "quote" button on the bottom right of a post

Setvar: a code used to set a var, which is why it's called setvar.
Flag: certain codes for activating events. you need setflag to activate a flag event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back