• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Return to Johto (Title not final)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
Years
Guys, yeah I am still working don't worry. I have not been online as often since, you know 10th class, boards and everything. I have not been working as much as I used to though.

For those of you who think that if I develop in a low level language it will take time, I say its worth it. Pokemon is not as complicated, the main frame is pretty much the same. So what if we have 400+ pokemon, the main frame of each pokemon is the same, there is just some data that I need. Lol, I can easilly rip it off of Serebii, i have done that before, I can do it again, 5 minutes of work and everything done. The engine is not so hard, I can say that I can be done with each Pokemon Game Mechanic in like 1 week. The content is basically what actually needs work.
What you know about game development being hard comes from the era of modern games, Pokemon is nowhere neer it, its a gameboy game, mimicing most of it is not so difficult.
It will take longer but not so much to give up. And considering *many* of the games here, with decent people to help me out, the game development will rush up!

Some idiot gave me a reputation comment, according to which I am showing off my attitude in this thread. lol

Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2010
This game sounds epic. And if I can suggest a new name, I think Pokemon: New Johto sounds a little better than Return to Johto.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
This game sounds epic. And if I can suggest a new name, I think Pokemon: New Johto sounds a little better than Return to Johto.

Probably should've read the site rules. You just revived a year old thread, and you can't post in threads that have been inactive for more than a MONTH unless you're the one that started the thread.

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
Years
I had long ago quit this forum... This place isn't enjoyable anymore.

And I had halted development of Pokemon games since I hated how other developers in this forums behaved.

I've moved on and now I am working on a game engine.

This thread can be closed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back