• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
ok and thanks i will let you know in a few minutes what the vertic is,ok on gpspkai it failed it didnt even register the game was even there and i downloaded it from the first page i got the complete brazlin edition of it which it gave me a choice to download the ips or the gba version i picked gba and placed it in the right folder and it didnt even recgonize it was in there what am i doing wrong?

ok i now did the patch for englishbeta1 to a pokemon ruby rom and even with the pc emulator i get a white screen so iam stumped,does anyone have some imput for me?

iam stumped i tried patching the ips english patch with a clean version of ruby i have tried muti things to get it to work but either a white screen,just up to the intro and freezes or flat out turns off my psp,does anyone have a copy of the game that works and can private message me it iam completely lost

every week someone reports a prob with the white screen. this prob was solved long ago, but ppl still ask for the solution. i had the same prob on my android phone, others on gpsp or iphone but master2738 showed me how to make this game work on my phone so u need to do this i will just copy paste what he wrote with with small modifications just follow this steps:
1. download pokemon LP from wesley's homepage
2. download pokemon ruby 1.0
3. download gba header(go to google and type: gba header tool v1.0)
4. open up gba header v1.0
5. click on the box under "filename:"
6. locate ur "Pokemon Lp" .gba and double click it
7. click on show header than click show. notice that the game title says PKM LP (thats what causing the problems)
8. click on copy header
9. click on the box under source file, locate ur ruby 1.0 rom and double click it
10. now click on copy
11. click on show header and click show
12. you will now see that ur pokemon LP rom has the game title Pokemon ruby. which should allow u to play it on any emulator now.

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2011
does anyone know where to find a pokemon ruby rom 1.0 every where i go the links dont work or you just cant download it

HOLY CRAP IT WORKS YOU GUYS ARE GENIOUSES or however you spell that word you know what i mean.THANK YOU SOOOOOOO FREAKIN MUCH

~starts playing the game like crazy~
wow i mean there have been vast improvements since the old version i cant wait till its 100% english,thanks again guys for tolerating a dummy lol

Last edited:

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Lugiaz Soul: Don't ask for releases. You've been reported.
Grimer: Those issues should be fixed in the english version, but please let me know if any such issues occur in it when I do release it. It's an easy fix.
Smallbirdie: Solana at the Pokemon Center does trigger Sophia's appearance. Also, there's a problem with the ice puzzle? Genuinely didn't notice.
xXxLugia: No, they can discuss this in the thread. Issues with the game, instead of whining about releases, are much preferable to have in here.
alienhunterx: Would it KILL you to do some reading? The final english version IS NOT OUT YET. I'm working on it.
Everyone asking about other emulators: The one guy is correct, the issue is with the header. I have currently reverted the header to default ruby. I may change that before releasing the full version. If so, just do what you do with the portuguese version and it'll work.
BoomChakala: Wesley is done updating this. I am merely bugfixing and translating. I found one fire stone, but I don't remember where exactly. Somewhere near the league.
U_Flame: Not a damn clue, sorry.
lukasz_pro: Asking for release dates is against the rules. You've been reported.

I'm still away from my home, just stealing internet access at a relative's, but I'll be back tonight. As my last post says, progress is currently to the tenth gym, or the second gym of the Lauren league. I was close to finishing the eleventh before I left on monday morning, but I'm not quite there yet. Should be able to do at least that much tonight. ;)

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
I went and played the complete version in Portuguese, had it on my PSP before it broke got about 3 Gyms in with a Lv. 41 Charizard. But, you've inspired me to continue with my own hack again. Rethink it completely, so thank you for the inspiration good sir.

But, I've got a question or Snakebite, I wasn't about to go through like 10 pages, but will the English translated version be automatically decapitlized and the small errors corrects. Like TEAM STEAM ADM, when "Steam Admin" would look a lot better. Just small nitpicks. And are the Unova/Sinnoh cries going to be put in? I've gotten decent at making the cries work with glitches. So, if you and Wesley would want that too to make the English version even more complete I'd be willing to give you input. But, that's only if wanted.

Overall, from what I played, the graphics are just amazing, hard to believe this is a GBA, and the scripting is just amazing. Any future works you do Wesley, I'll be looking out for them and I may just wait for the English version before continuing playing.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I went and played the complete version in Portuguese, had it on my PSP before it broke got about 3 Gyms in with a Lv. 41 Charizard. But, you've inspired me to continue with my own hack again. Rethink it completely, so thank you for the inspiration good sir.

But, I've got a question or Snakebite, I wasn't about to go through like 10 pages, but will the English translated version be automatically decapitlized and the small errors corrects. Like TEAM STEAM ADM, when "Steam Admin" would look a lot better. Just small nitpicks. And are the Unova/Sinnoh cries going to be put in? I've gotten decent at making the cries work with glitches. So, if you and Wesley would want that too to make the English version even more complete I'd be willing to give you input. But, that's only if wanted.

Overall, from what I played, the graphics are just amazing, hard to believe this is a GBA, and the scripting is just amazing. Any future works you do Wesley, I'll be looking out for them and I may just wait for the English version before continuing playing.

From what I know, it will stay capitalized and the cries will remain unedited.

Years
Lugiaz Soul: Don't ask for releases. You've been reported.
Grimer: Those issues should be fixed in the english version, but please let me know if any such issues occur in it when I do release it. It's an easy fix.
Smallbirdie: Solana at the Pokemon Center does trigger Sophia's appearance. Also, there's a problem with the ice puzzle? Genuinely didn't notice.
xXxLugia: No, they can discuss this in the thread. Issues with the game, instead of whining about releases, are much preferable to have in here.
alienhunterx: Would it KILL you to do some reading? The final english version IS NOT OUT YET. I'm working on it.
Everyone asking about other emulators: The one guy is correct, the issue is with the header. I have currently reverted the header to default ruby. I may change that before releasing the full version. If so, just do what you do with the portuguese version and it'll work.
BoomChakala: Wesley is done updating this. I am merely bugfixing and translating. I found one fire stone, but I don't remember where exactly. Somewhere near the league.
U_Flame: Not a damn clue, sorry.
lukasz_pro: Asking for release dates is against the rules. You've been reported.

I'm still away from my home, just stealing internet access at a relative's, but I'll be back tonight. As my last post says, progress is currently to the tenth gym, or the second gym of the Lauren league. I was close to finishing the eleventh before I left on monday morning, but I'm not quite there yet. Should be able to do at least that much tonight. ;)

wow thats so cool acting like pro

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
SSJ4Furanki: U_Flame was correct. It will remain capitalized, and the cries will remain unedited. I'm just guessing that that's one reason that caused the other translation to run into problems. I'm intentionally changing as little as possible - only translating and fixing bugs that actually mess up the game.

xXxLugia: If you wish to communicate with me, do it in understandable english. I cannot refute an accusation of 'acting like pro' if I do not know what the hell it means.

master2738: If I turn Ash into a polygamist, feel free to be concerned.

In other news: I'm back.

Years
Im having a problem i have a beta English version i got it from youtube some jerkl said it was the full english version I being playing without a flaw but now its a problem i got my 4th badges and when i try to exit darkdusk city they want let me go any farther its a green like grass but u cant walk into it ?

leews24

ha
Years
First off I'd like to thank Snakebyte, I've been reading the thread for a week or two now, and I kinda never thanked him, so Thank You for the bug fix&translation, and Welcome Back, and please, do not hurry, I thought this is just a simple hobby your doing:)

And by the way
You said you changed the header, are you going to keep it that way? Cuz sometimes, when I patch the final spanish file, and use gba header, it either gives some sort of German error window, or patch success with still a white screen.
Btw, I tried using 7 different ruby roms and only one worked, and it worked even without changing the header, while the other 6 runs smooth before patching.

Smallbirdie

Lurker Extraordinaire!
Years
Im having a problem i have a beta English version i got it from youtube some jerkl said it was the full english version I being playing without a flaw but now its a problem i got my 4th badges and when i try to exit darkdusk city they want let me go any farther its a green like grass but u cant walk into it ?
Sorry, but the full English version hasn't been completed, much less released. You've got the beta version, that ENDS after the fourth gym. There is no more there. Just keep an eye on the first page, I'm sure Wesley will update as soon as it's done.

For the most part everyone has been really patient, and soon it will pay off! Just a little bit longer!

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
leews24, thank you for the support and patience! It seems most people don't understand the work I'm doing. I can't really say what I'm doing because I'm not that far yet. When I have it done, I'll worry about headers and patching and things. Don't worry, whatever I release will work. If everything else fails, I'll get Wesley to host the english version in .gba form on his site, like he does with the portuguese one. :)

Years
Sorry, but the full English version hasn't been completed, much less released. You've got the beta version, that ENDS after the fourth gym. There is no more there. Just keep an eye on the first page, I'm sure Wesley will update as soon as it's done.

For the most part everyone has been really patient, and soon it will pay off! Just a little bit longer!

Thank you for the info lol bad patients well guess I gotta wait.

Ps. for people who have the problem getting the game to boot up I been playing this and all poke hacks on the android gba emulator at first i experience the same problem wit the Rom i fix it by pressing (A) and it skips to the start screen don have to do it anymore every thing fine xD hope this help.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
And again... every page has question about english beta...
My god this is too much :D

It's the third option! hehehe
The one she doesn't appear at the cave... In fact, everytime I play, something different happens... Last time, when I returned to the cave I went through the rival (don't remember his name) and had to battle him again...
The time before that, team galactic appeared... The other time the cave as desert...
Man, it's impossible that this happens only with me...

And also, thanks for trying to help! I really like light platinum, specially because I'm from the same country as WesleyFG o/
Weird... I've played through the Zhery League in the Portuguese version and didn't have that happen to me. I'm playing again in Snakebyte's beta, and I'll keep a particular eye out for that issue.
If I remember right though, there are like three different events in that cave, plus one that happens after you beat the Zhery League. You do fight Kenta, and Team Steam. Have you headed north out of the City and talked to Solana yet? She may trigger the gym leader's appearance in the cave.
Flag bugs... it happens sometimes. I'm sure Snakey will fix it ;)

Once you release it revert it back so not everyone can edit it like they want =)

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
SSJ4Furanki: U_Flame was correct. It will remain capitalized, and the cries will remain unedited. I'm just guessing that that's one reason that caused the other translation to run into problems. I'm intentionally changing as little as possible - only translating and fixing bugs that actually mess up the game.
Ah alright, sounds good still. Your progress seems to be really good so I'll be looking forward to it regardless. Plus as others said if things really bother you enough you can always make your own personal patch of it.

Good luck on the rest!

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2012
i need bios for playing this game it doesnt working for me (gpSPS emulator) please anybody help me :(

Grimer

Never too old for this...
Years
That's great news Snakebyte. Looking foward to try again! It's a great game, after all....

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
i need bios for playing this game it doesnt working for me (gpSPS emulator) please anybody help me :(
Wesley needs this answer on the site and the main thread :P
You need a special ruby rom and you must have your save type flash at 128K

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2012
THX BUT IS WORKING I CHANGE TYPE ROM FROM 1024 BITS TO 512 BITS
AND WORKING :)
IM SO HAPPY
BUT .....
IS THERE ANY ENGLISH VERSION I DONTD UNDERSTAND ANY WORD :(

Back