• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Hi, member's of Pokemon community , I was wondering if there is a script for the ROM Pokemon firered To make Whichever one you don't choose [Boy ,Girl ] become your rival like pokemon Emerald . Including pokemon overworld sprite changing gender.
There isn't one single script, but there are a combination of techniques you could use.

In the maps on which the rival appears, you could use the dynamic OW functionality in JPAN's Hacked Engine. Have a level script check the player's gender and change the rival OW accordingly.

In battle scripts, things get more difficult... The simplest way would be to simply create one trainer for every possible rival -- one trainer per gender per starter. Then, when you trigger the battle from a script, check the player's gender in addition to the player's starter and initiate the appropriate trainer battle.

The only trouble I can see happening is in the intro sequence, where you actually name the rival. You'd need ASM modifications to conditionally alter their big sprite and to set a different OW to appear on the naming screen.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Is there a script that can make the NPC walk backwards?

Hmm... I don't think so. Sorry.

My Question:
If I move a NPC through a script over to another map, they won't disappear unless they leave my sight. Now, this is awesome and all, but how do I make it disappear in front of my eyes? Will the Person Id stay the same and all I have to do is hidesprite, or is there some other way? Or is the only way to make them disappear is to make them leave my sight?

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
My Question:
If I move a NPC through a script over to another map, they won't disappear unless they leave my sight. Now, this is awesome and all, but how do I make it disappear in front of my eyes? Will the Person Id stay the same and all I have to do is hidesprite, or is there some other way? Or is the only way to make them disappear is to make them leave my sight?

You can make the NPC disappear with hidesprite. Person ID is flag-based, not map-based.

So, if you didn't know, just use hidesprite, then setflag that person's Person ID.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
The best way to make NPC disappear is by using applymovement.
applymovement 'hide'
applymovement 'movements that make NPC to some place player cannot reach'
setflag
And once you leave the map, NPC won't be there until you clear its flag =D

Sephiroth2009

Banned
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2011
Yes using clearflag is useful when there's a sprite you want hidden for the moment until another time when you want it resurfaced on a map you've been through a dozen times.

Years
I'm looking to create a "train" script where you can see the players sprite as the train moves. How would I keep the character moving in sync with the train without making it walk as the train is moving?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I'm looking to create a "train" script where you can see the players sprite as the train moves. How would I keep the character moving in sync with the train without making it walk as the train is moving?
Why in the world don't you want sync movement? o.O
Make player disappear when he "enters" train, make him reappear when you want "looking through the window" and use sync movement.
There's no point in trying it by using other means o.O

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2013
Im currently hacking a fire red rom and i have found a huge bug, when i go into a battle then select the bag option in the battle interface the game restarts to the start screen at the beginning of the game, i havent added any scripts yet. do i have to set a flag or anything? (i copied the file and made a give pokemon script also and it still occurs)

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Why in the world don't you want sync movement? o.O
Make player disappear when he "enters" train, make him reappear when you want "looking through the window" and use sync movement.
There's no point in trying it by using other means o.O
Wouldn't it be easier to use some script or ASM (i.e. JPAN's engine) to change the player's OW into one whose walking and standing frames are identical, and then use applymovement?

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2011
hello folks!

Appologise for my first post being that of a requesting nature, but I'm having a fair
bit of trouble with a script I'm working on for a questline.

So far i've managed to finish the quest scripts apart from the final event, which is as follows.

player talks to npc, npc warps him outside building,
two new npcs are stood blocking the door which was previously used to access
this building.

Any ideas?

quick over view

*have building with entrance clear
*enter building, do quest
* finish quest, warp back outside building
*entrance to building now blocked by two npcs

Using Fire Red, english type BRP, v1.0

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Pretty easy to do.
1) Put those 2 NPC that will block the entrance in A-Map.
2) Assign them with some flag.
3) Set that flag before you do actual script. It means that those two blocking the way will disappear.
4) Script the script where NPC warps player and add clearflag 0x(number of flag that was assigned to those 2 NPCs) command =)

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2011
Aaaaaaack!! So simple!! I was trying to
over complicate it! I guess sometimes you need to step out of the forest to see the trees.

Happy to report it worked beautifully, the variable is now set in pallet town during the oak script.

Thanks Ash!

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2013
alright this is probably gonna seem like a stupid question because its gonna be a simple answer but hope do i make a pokeball with an item in it. i can make it and gives you the item and everything but i dont know how to get it to disapear right after so you cant get it anymore

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2011
alright this is probably gonna seem like a stupid question because its gonna be a simple answer but hope do i make a pokeball with an item in it. i can make it and gives you the item and everything but i dont know how to get it to disapear right after so you cant get it anymore

you need to set a flag, something like this perhaps with XSE

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sephiroth2009

Banned
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2011

That's really easy and basic. Just set a flag in your script, hidesprite command than set the flag number on the item in A-MAP.

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2013
This is he script im using, idk why im having problems with it, ironically i can script a lot of others things but this im having trouble with haha

#org $begin
lock
giveitem 0x44 0x1
setflag 0x1205
removesprite 0x1205
release
end

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2011
you're almost there with it
you should be able to just add the flag

like this, this is your script with the missing parts, it should work in poke script... dont forget to set your people ID to 1205 in A.M

#org $begin
lock
checkflag 0x1205
if 0x01 goto $done
giveitem 0x44 0x1
setflag 0x1205
removesprite 0x1205
release
end

#org $done
nop
end