• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] The Unova Pokemon League Conference is Upon Us! Who Will Emerge Victorious?

Which of these trainers will become champion of the Unova league?

• Ash/Satoshi

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Trip/Shooty

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Bianca/Bel

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Stephan/Kenyan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kotetsu

• Virgil

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Iris (she isn't even entering!)

• Somebody Else We've Seen Before (like Montgomery/Masaomi)

• Some New Rising Rival Who'll Return in the Future

• Some Random Dude/Chick We'll Never Hear from Again

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Our Player Character! (Hilbert/Hilda/Nate/Rosa)

• Cheren (so that's what he's been doing this entire time...)

• Nobody- Team Plasma is going to step in and cancel the league, creating a new arc to keep Ash in Uno

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • N (because he's N)

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Tobias/Action Replay Abuser

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Yeah. Bianca is a lot diffrent in the Anime than in the games. She didn't like battleing much in games,but she is pretty awesome in the Anime. I would really like to see a girl win the league for once though.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I think it has less to do with what's going to happen in the League and more to do with the fact that Bianca is already in the game. I guess they could have added an additional team for her, but it would still look pretty odd.

At any rate, I'd like it if this tournament was made available in the US... it's not so likely because the anime isn't as big over here, but I can dream, can't I?

She has a different team in the games than she does in the Anime. They could have still added her in and given her her Anime team like they did for the other 4. We'll also find out Kotetsu and Stephan's full roster which hasn't been shown in the Anime at all. Only a small portion of their teams have been shown.

I don't think Bianca will make it very far and will probably lose to Stephan, Kotetsu, or Virgil.

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
She has a different team in the games than she does in the Anime. They could have still added her in and given her her Anime team like they did for the other 4. We'll also find out Kotetsu and Stephan's full roster which hasn't been shown in the Anime at all. Only a small portion of their teams have been shown.

I don't think Bianca will make it very far and will probably lose to Stephan, Kotetsu, or Virgil.

Bianca lost to Stephan/Stephen once, twice in the two Battle Club tournaments they have competed in. Their rivalry is understated, but significant. They're not like the "good vs. evil" contest rivalry between Dawn and Ursula (in all four times the two competed against each other, Dawn always prevails). And as I stated in my earlier long analysis of who will become champion, Stephen has already had his moment in the spotlight (well, in a way, twice).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Bianca lost to Stephan/Stephen once, twice in the two Battle Club tournaments they have competed in. Their rivalry is understated, but significant. They're not like the "good vs. evil" contest rivalry between Dawn and Ursula (in all four times the two competed against each other, Dawn always prevails). And as I stated in my earlier long analysis of who will become champion, Stephen has already had his moment in the spotlight (well, in a way, twice).

Only reason I list those three is because Ash already beat Trip, meaning one of those three can go against Bianca in a later or even same episode. Them including just those four has some sorta meaning otherwise they would have added Bianca with her Anime team.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Well there is a episode coming out called "Axew Gets Lost" that episode it lible to bring in the random guy who will win. I don't think they would put 2 rivals in the match in that episode because Ash and them will probably be watching. The league itself will last at least 5 or 6 more episodes probably if not more.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Eh 5 or 6 is a stench since episodes BW02 - 19 through 23 are already focused around the League. We already have 5 episodes so I doubt we will get too 10 especially the way they have been treating this region and league with small battles.

I don't get the feeling that two rivals will surpass Ash to fight it out in the finals. If anything I don't see any of them winning and some COTD wins.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Yeah but I don't see why TP would come out of the blue and just interrupt the league. Maybe it is the device the use to not completing the league or delaying it. But I think it would be a horrible way to do it since they didn't pick up on Plasma story since the essential episode cancellation. If they were going to introduce TP in a proper way I would have prefered they did it against TR during the Meloetta & Kami episodes.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hmm,It's hard to say at this point what they will be doing. It's hard to bealeve that Unova is only going to last a little more than 2 years with 2 theme songs. The past 3 sagas have had 3 themes and have lasted 3 to 4 years. Ash could win and he have to challenge the Elite 4 then they bring Team Plasma in. At the end of the first episode,Ash's mom says I wonder how grown Ash will be when he returns. Though that is a normal thing to say. Remember also that Iris is the Champion in BW2 which I am wondering if it will be linked at all in the Anime. All we can really do is wait. We don't really have much left to go on.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Generally yeah its been about 4 years between gens and we have only been in this one half that, but if they want to start one by the end of near year they very well can so its not like the Saga is really over just the main Unova arc(depending on how they handle the league).

And Iris being Champ in BW2 has little to no bearing on what they do in the show. Iris not only just learned to control Dragonite, but she also lost to Drayden again. So I don't see here as Champ anytime soon, if anything Drayden mentioned her as Gym Leader(which will probably be the reason so won't be a continuing companion to whatever Region Ash goes to next). And if game Champs had any bearing Gary would be Champ since Blue was and Ash since Red beat Blue.

The way Ash team is made up I don't see him advancing too far. They seemed underdeveloped at this point. The only one that I see that could doing a lot if Krookodile which is from the sounds of it facing off against a Hydregion. If Ash had Emboar or evolved another one of his starters and than had Gigalith and Scrafty or Seismitoad then I may be a little more confident of his situation. But as his team stands its just so so.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
It's possible they'll build up to Plasma interrupting the league during the league, but considering how people reacted when they tried that with Tobias, maybe not.

Then again, the writers probably don't go on the internet to watch fans from outside the target demographic complain, so...

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
If I were choosing I'd have an epic battle with Trip and Ash in the final, and Ash winning, but y'know, probably not going to happen. The "Ash winning the league" part, anyway, they might well have an epic battle between Trip and Ash, and Ash may well win (as he did with Paul in Sinnoh), but I don't think they'll let Ash win the league sadly :( would be a nice change and a REALLY nice surprise though.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
So Ash beats Stephan after the new names. But sounds like he might get beat by Kotetsu. Then again he could use Scraggy and defeat Hydregon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Kotetsu fights Bianca, but I can't tell if its before or after Ash's battle with Stephan and Kotetsu. If its before Stephan, than Kotetsu beats Bianca and battles Ash later, but we know Ash beats Stephan leaving Virgil for the possible winner or possible person to beat Ash and then lose to someone else.

If Kotetsu vs Bianca is after Ash and Kotetsu then Kotetsu beats Ash so Ash loses earlier in the Unova Conference than before. So either Ash gets knocked out early or Bianca does. If Bianca loses to Kotetsu and Ash faces off against the four Download Rivals, that explains why they are downloads.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I really think Kotetsu is a mirror of Morrison,the one with the Metang,in Hoenn. Hydreigon might evolve during the battle and maybe Ash's Scraggy will.

Episode 767: Sawk Enters! Ash VS Stephan!
Episode 768: Ash VS Kotetsu! The Hydreigon Secret Weapon!!

Those are the names,so Kotetsu Vs Ash is after Stephan. I am really worried about that Hydreigon. But I think I was the same way with Metang evolveing. Even I hate Hydreigon ever sense Ghestis battle in White/Black 1. Not to mention Ash doesn't have any Ice and Dragon types this time around. Then again he is pretty good doing without advantages.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Hydregion can't evolve cause Hydregion is the last stage.

This confirms a few things. First being that Ash beats Stephan and that Kotetsu beats Bianca(yeah sorry everyone that thought she would win). So this leaves Kotetsu and Virgil as known competitors?

As for his impending battle against Kotetsu Hydregion will indeed be a pain, but I think they will they will have it vs. Ash Krookodile which if you remember gained Dragon Claw when it fought Iris Dragonite upon evolving so I think that will be a good card to have.

Personally if Ash does lose I'd prefer it too Kotetsu instead of Virgil since I don't care for him too lose to a team of Eeveelutions...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hydregion can't evolve cause Hydregion is the last stage.

This confirms a few things. First being that Ash beats Stephan and that Kotetsu beats Bianca(yeah sorry everyone that thought she would win). So this leaves Kotetsu and Virgil as known competitors?

As for his impending battle against Kotetsu Hydregion will indeed be a pain, but I think they will they will have it vs. Ash Krookodile which if you remember gained Dragon Claw when it fought Iris Dragonite upon evolving so I think that will be a good card to have.

Personally if Ash does lose I'd prefer it too Kotetsu instead of Virgil since I don't care for him too lose to a team of Eeveelutions...

Ya,I was thinking that He had 2 headed dragon and it evolve into Hydregion. But will them saying it in the title,he probably already has it. I may have worded that wrong earlyer. And ya forgot Krookodile learned Drag Claw.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Do the viewers even know Kotetsu has a Hydregion? His team only lists Riolu, Ferrothorn, and Samurott on Serebii and Bulbapedia. I think the title means that Hydregion IS Kotetsu's Secret Weapon.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Also apparently Ash is going to be using Pignite during his battle with Hydreigon? So either Kotetsu is where it ends or something is going to happen in which Ash ends up victorious and battle Virgil. Maybe Pignite evolves into Emboar? I'm not sure.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I have no idea how Kotetsu Vs Ash will turn out. I can see Ash winning and again I can see Ash losing. I have a really odd feeling about Virgil. I just started thinking, they are doing a lot of Eevee Promotions lately. I know Eevee is popular, but we don't usually get this many promotions focusing around Eevee.

Virgil may be our connection to the next game. I have an odd feeling that Virgil's Eevee may evolve in his battle against Ash/Kotetsu into a new Eeveolution. This is highly unlikely, I know, but I'm just finding the random addition of Eevee into the plot and a character who uses ONLY Eevee forms to be really wierd.

I think there may be more focus on Virgil as the tournament progresses further. Still think Ash will lose to Virgil if he wins against Kotetsu.

Back