• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I Choose You! -The Starter Pokemon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
For those of you who played X&Y or are playing it, which Kanto Starter did you choose and were you impressed with its mega evolution?
I chose Charmander, and yes, I was impressed. I was impressed with both of its mega-evolution. Personally, though, Charizard Y would have to be my most favorite out of the two. It's got an amazing looking design, and it's able to perform quite decently when battling. I love it. Charizard X is not that bad in terms of competitiveness, but design-wise, I'm not too fond of it.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Username: MIAU
Partner: Cleo the Snivy - she was my first starter ♥
Answer to current topic:

For those of you who played X&Y or are playing it, which Kanto Starter did you choose and were you impressed with its mega evolution?

I chose Charmander, because he's my favorite Kanto starter, and he also has my favorite Mega evolutions out of the three (four?). I actually can't chose which one I like more, Mega Charizard X or Mega Charizard Y, because they're so different. Where X looks rough and rowdy, Y is more sleek, with the slimmer figure and elegant wings. Battle-wise, I can't compare, since I only played X, but I feel like Mega Charizard Y would perform better due to its very high Sp. Atk.

AGreninjaNamedKaeru

Like I said, I'm a Greninja
Years
Username: AGreninjaNamedKaeru
Partner: Froakie
Answer to current topic: I picked Charmander and Woah! Mega Charizard Y doesn't look as good as the X version, but it is a badass that don't take no crap from nobody!

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Username(nickname): Dragon_Trainer (X)
  • Partner(choose a starter from the list): I choose Torchic!
  • Answer to current topic:
    For those of you who played X&Y or are playing it, which Kanto Starter did you choose and were you impressed with its mega evolution?: I haven't played X/Y yet but I would surely pick Bulbasaur! It's been my favorite Kanto starter.......... I am quite impressed with Mega Venusaur as it looks like a whole flower garden with amazing power! GO VENUSAUR!!

Years
Username: Magikarp From Hell
Partner: from the list): Bulbasaur
Answer to current topic
I picked Bulbasaur because it's my favourite. I wasn't impressed though with his mega, because it has
hardly changed. I'm gonna go for Mega Blastoise. Everyone picks Charizard or Venusaur but I like Mega Blastoise as well.

Years
Have you ever ditched your starter at the beginning of a game?

I have but never on a first playthrough of a game. I've played through so much R/S/E that ditching my starter is something I do often now, given how many times I've already used them.

I chose Squirtle and didn't evolve him past Wartortle because I love the second stage. None of the mega evolutions really impress me enough to use on my team but I have grown fond of mega Venusaur for some reason even though its design isn't too different from the original. I love how bulky he becomes. :)

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
Have you ever ditched your starter at the beginning of a game?

My god, I never do that! My starter is very precious to me and I always keep it along with me unless it is a Grass Type. I can't stand Grass types ><

May I post a new topic (The Old one still remains active Mind you!):
Which Generation had the best starter Pokemon in terms of:
1. Moves and Stats
2. Appearance
3. Evolutionary line
4. Mega Evolution
Answer any one or all if you want :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Which Generation had the best starter Pokemon?
In terms of appearance, I'd say generation one. I loved all starters that were introduced here, especially Squirtle. Gen. six would have to be the second. Competitive-wise, generation three had the best starters, in my opinion. Blaziken and Sceptile had amazing offensive stats, and were able to make great sweepers for almost any of your teams. Swampert was good defensively. Once you had it out on the field, your opponent would always have a hard time taking it down.

Years

Appearance-wise, I'd say 6th Gen. Kalos really won me over starter-wise lately, especially with the whole RPG theme with their designs. I have used Delphox and Greninja but not Chesnaught yet, but yeah I do love all three. Plus I love how they finally ended up part Fighting, Psychic and Dark. It was the type trio that was once rumored for 4th Gen's starters so yeah nice call back there. Competitive-wise it would have to be 1st Gen, given the new uses they got thanks to their Mega Evolutions.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023

Appearance wise, I liked Gen I the most. The reptile theme was a pretty nice touch. Throw in a fire-breathing dragon, cannon-firing turtles and plant dinosaurs, you've got yourself a great set of starters. Plus, seeing as this was the start of the Pokemon series- you had all the room in the world for creativity. You didn't need to worry about unoriginal typings or uncreative designs. No more worrying about how the fans would complain about a new fire/fighting, no matter how cool it looked.

Battle wise- Gen 3 or 4. Take a look at what they've got. Blaziken and Infernape pretty much wreck anything in the time span of five seconds. Personally I love using Empoleon in-game while Torterra, Sceptile and Swampert aren't half bad either. Though none of the starters are bad battle-wise. They've all got their own potential. :D

For the evolutionary lines, I've never actually enjoyed the second stage evolutions. Don't get me wrong, they're decent Pokemon but their designs are so... strange. I mean it's the butter between the bread. Instead of going straight from cute to "roar I'm gonna eat your face monster" they threw something in between which took on the appearance of both. Still cute but slightly more intimidating. I just didn't really like any of them unfortunately. However based on first and final evolutions, I liked Gen 6 the most. :]

Overall, I think the best starters were either the original, third gen or sixth. Personal preference though. :D

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2017
Username Viniciojr12
Partner oshawott
Currently topic I like all 3 starters but my fave is Froakie because of his evolution is just too badass. I love greninja because of his unique water and dark typing. chesnaught is alright. delphox is great too.

I'm glad to be here

Water-dark typing is not unique at least the Carvanha line has it too.

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
Which Generation had the best starter Pokemon in terms of:
1.Appearance
I shall answer this one first.
I love the Design of Charmander, Mudkip and Torchic. I may be biased but I prefer Fire types in terms of appearance due to my attraction towards Orange. I also like how Mudkip looks with his cute fin on top. All in all All Pokemon except GEN V and GEN VI are cute. I don't like anyone after Gen IV to be honest..........

AGreninjaNamedKaeru

Like I said, I'm a Greninja
Years
Which Generation has the best starter Pokemon?
Honestly, I only started playing Pokemon in 2010 with Platinum, but i really like the Kalos starters. Greninja's Speed is great in battles, Chaesnaught has quite solid Defense and I haven't really used Delphox a lot. I love how they all look-especially Greninja XD

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Just going to toss a new topic here, if you guys don't mind. ^^" Would you like it if all starter Pokémon got alternative evolution forms? How do you think they would look?

Years
Let me be the first to dive in and give you an answer. :D

Would you like it if all starter Pokémon got alternative evolution forms? How do you think they would look?

Are you speaking of megas? If yes, I honestly half-expected each of them to be given one given how the first generation starters and Torchic got alternate forms. At the very least I hope that Sceptile and Swampert receive the mega treatment as it only seems fair with Blaziken having gotten some spotlight in that regard.

Starters are, generally, pretty underrated in the competitive battling scene but they're a staple of Pokemon as they're the first creatures you start your journey with. Mega evolutions could potentially give them more usability as far as competitive battling goes. Would be a great opportunity to cover some of their weaknesses and throw cooler abilities into the mix.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Appearance wise, the original gen was the best. I like all the gen 1 starters especially Charmander.The second would be gen 6 ..they all are different from all the other gens imo... design wise.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
Years
Username(nickname): ★Symbiosis★
Partner(choose a starter from the list): Turtwig
Answer to current topic: Charmander & Yes

リザードン☆

Charizard evolved into..
Years

• Username(nickname): Scraggyland(Mike)
  • Partner(choose a starter from the list): Charmander
  • Answer to current topic: I chose Charmander because Charizard is my favourite Pokémon and I am impressed with both it's mega evolutions, I love how they both look and how they both become a physical/special power house when holding Charizardite X or Y.
    Luckily for me, I have both stones! :P

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
welcome to the club guys! :3

Would you like it if all starter Pokémon got alternative evolution forms? How do you think they would look?
I'd love to Infernape and Delphox mega evolution tbh. Delphox might not gert one bcuz it's a new pokemon but an infernape mega evolution should be badass looking i want a badass infernape mega evolution.
and I'd like to see Sceptile and Swampert get a mmega evolution since blaziken got one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back