• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Movies

TheLeetCasualGamer

Hi, I'm strange :3
Years
Haven't seen a thread for this yet so I thought I might as well start it. If it doesn't belong in this category, feel free to move it but it feels like it belongs in the Anime board

Got any Pokemon movies that you loved, any favorites? Just place your thoughts on your favorite Pokemon movies here.

I'll place some thoughts once discussion is going. Have fun!

Altomare

Purupuru!
Years
I loved Arceus and the Jewel of Life. Thought it was pretty cool that the plots of Rise of Darkrai, Giratina and the Sky Warrior and Arceus Jewel of life were connected. Plus Arceus was great.
Celebi Voice of the Forest too, especially the scene were Celebi "died" and Sammy's identity too.
And of course, Pokemon heroes. I loved Latias and Latios, both cool and cute.

Years
My favorite movie is Giratina and the Sky Warrior. Remind me with Shieldon as my favorite Pokèmon. This movie story line not bad for me ^w^

Altomare

Purupuru!
Years
My favorite movie is Giratina and the Sky Warrior. Remind me with Shieldon as my favorite Pokèmon. This movie story line not bad for me ^w^

It also continuously made me wonder if Shaymin is male or female....because in land form (s)he acts more like a girl, unlike in sky form.

Arumus

Insert user title here..
Years
The first movie. Saw it when I was 9 I think, got the mew card and all that. The third one is also up there for me, Charizard fighting Entei = Epic.

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2022
First Movie, by far! The storyline actually has a theme that gives pokemon the real serious tone in how its morality is just like what is seen in our normal world. Plus ash dies in it so..... It's awesome!:)

Mentalii

Back
Years
I think my favourite movie is the 5th movie. The plot was very interesting, and the relation between Latios and Latias was so beautiful.

TheLeetCasualGamer

Hi, I'm strange :3
Years
It also continuously made me wonder if Shaymin is male or female....because in land form (s)he acts more like a girl, unlike in sky form.

Shaymin is genderless, in the movie I believe it's voiced by a female, genders don't determine the personality of a species and how they act for example, though I'm a boy I tend to be a little timid in the morning, but at night I feel that I have a lot more confidence and motivation (I'm like the exact opposite of a shaymin xD)

Anyway for my favorite, I have to say Rise of Darkrai. Darkrai had an amazing role, the tension at the end of the movie didn't feel like any other, and I always love music on top of that, being applied to the actual story, Oracion will always bring back instant memories just by hearing it.

There are a lot of other movies that I really enjoyed as well, Power of One, Pokemon Heroes, Giratina and the Sky Warrior, Arceus and the Jewel of Life, and others.

Years
Mewtwo Strikes Back and The Power Of One - I liked the focus on the Legendary birds in the second film and the first one has too many epic waves of nostalgia, plus for me a great storyline.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
The 2nd one was the best. I always loved that one the most. Lugia is badass.

Also the first one is good. The others arent that good.

Years
I think that the first two movies would be my favorite out of all of them. I remember seeing the first one in theaters for my birthday when I was younger, and I got Pokemon 2000 on VHS for my next birthday. I think I ended up watching it a good 40-50 times, and I still have it put away in my basement somewhere.

Years
Pokemon 3 is still my favorite !
My favorite would be the underwater battle between Misty and Molly, where they can breathe underwater.
And all the crystals , it's really really beautiful !

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
The Darkrai movie is now my favorite simply because of Oracion:

From when I was younger, Pokemon Heroes was definitely my favorite.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I love Lucario's movie, Manaphy's movie Arceus' movie and Victini's movie.
Lucario's movie - simply because of Lucario, thanks to this, he became my no.1 Pokémon.
Manaphy's movie - Manaphy. The cute thing was irresistible =D And how they portraited Satoshi's and Haruka's relationship there was marvelous.
Arceus' movie - Arceus, Arceus, Arceus, nuff said.
Victini's movie - Firstly it's a reason why I love BW, Aoi Yuuki. Secondly, Victini. I really love the cute legendaries :D And the plot, characters... everything seemed different. Like... more mature if I were to describe it.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
I honestly loved the first two.
The First Movie:Mewtwo Strikes Back.- That was one of the best movies I've seen.EVER. It was so heart wrenching seeing Pikachu crying, the tense battles between real Pokemon and clones... The storyline really was well thought out and I have watched it a good 100 times.

Pokemon 2000- The Power of One.
Here, my favourite legendary Moltres gets to shine. I loved how they easily dodged that horrible man who tried capturing them and how Ash and his friends attempted to stop him. Also it introduced some of my other favourites,Ho-oh and Zapdos xD.

SamuJake

I beat Red when I was 8' bro.
Years
I like the majority of the Pokemon movies, but again I'd have to say the first Pokemon movie. It's just got this vibe to it that makes you feel like you can really enjoy the movie, and also it reminds you of so much of the beginning of Pokemon. Though I think the newer Pokemon movies are much more action packed for Pokemon movies.

Back