• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

KostK's Master Sprites (or not master...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Hmm, these aren't too bad.

There's one recurring problem with the human resizes, though: the sprites were designed to have correct anatomy as 80 by 80-pixel sprites, and they don't look so much like 'resizes' as 'taking out parts of the sprite and then scratching stuff over it to make it look natural' (correct me if i'm wrong). There are some problems with this method. Let's take Cynthia, for example:

cynthia.png

There are some anatomical issues. The most obvious ould be the length of the arms; they reach down to her knees. Most people's arms go down to somewhere around their calves. The arm facing away from us looks too thin, and bends on some odd ways. Another problem is the legs: all legs, on everyone and every sprite, should be at the very least as long as the torso and head combined. On all of your human resizes, they all look like their legs have been underdeveloped. Here's an example of what I mean:

2urqlo0.png
Notice how the orange box (the torso and head) is bigger than the yellow one (the legs)? They should both be at least the same size, with the legs preferably being slightly longer. Same problem for the male Galactic Grunt and Magneton Man Cyrus. They just look like you took a D/P/Pl torso and pasted it on an Advance set of legs.

Mr.Silver

Say Hello To Nurse Barbra
Years

There's one recurring problem with the human resizes, though: the sprites were designed to have correct anatomy as 80 by 80-pixel sprites, and they don't look so much like 'resizes' as 'taking out parts of the sprite and then scratching stuff over it to make it look natural' (correct me if i'm wrong). There are some problems with this method. Let's take Cynthia, for example:

cynthia.png

There are some anatomical issues. The most obvious ould be the length of the arms; they reach down to her knees. Most people's arms go down to somewhere around their calves. The arm facing away from us looks too thin, and bends on some odd ways. Another problem is the legs: all legs, on everyone and every sprite, should be at the very least as long as the torso and head combined. On all of your human resizes, they all look like their legs have been underdeveloped. Here's an example of what I mean:

2urqlo0.png
Notice how the orange box (the torso and head) is bigger than the yellow one (the legs)? They should both be at least the same size, with the legs preferably being slightly longer. Same problem for the male Galactic Grunt and Magneton Man Cyrus. They just look like you took a D/P/Pl torso and pasted it on an Advance set of legs.

Your not suppost to notice that but anyway
I love your team rocket stuff...might even use it in a hack(if thats ok with you)

Years
weezingnuke.png

i laughed so hard when i saw this! this is sooo funny! i love it!
although i think you should move the heads a little farther apart, just so you can distinguish that the heads are more separate.
i also really liked the yoda
you should give him soome feet C:
keep up the good work!

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
Years

cynthia.png

2urqlo0.png
Thanks for the so-useful tip. As you can tell from the latest D-P-Pt pokemon resizes, I don't do that anymore.
I can't stop laughing at them all, I really like them that much, nothing is bad about these sprites, you did a great job on coloring, fusionism, and shading but isn't the swirl suppose to be black or did you do that on purpose?

:t354:TG
Thought the blue swirl would be a good touch. I don't believe they ended up bad, they are just too simple, compared to what I wanted to make. Thank you anyway.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
Good luck with it.

giovruler.png

The TR Leader A James Bond villain.

So, i'm very surprised that this one went uncommented. I actually like this alot, and think you did a great job with the anatomy, form, and postitioning. Gio needs some shading to his suit, it's a bit too flat of an orange, but really, this one is done great! The persain is a great touch, and as far i can tell, is done quite masterly. Really, nice job on this one. Kudos to you!

Keep Spriting!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Really nice Sprites . And funny too . :)
It's nice that you took the time to comment, but without constructive criticism, your post is just spam. Next time you post in this section, make sure you say why you like the sprites.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
Years
I finally have some updates. Take a look below:

chatotto.png
rampardoss.png
magmotares.png

More resizes: Chatot, Magmotar, Rampardos

dialgares.png
palkiares.png
giratinares.png

Even more resizes: the dragon trio!

ketchuppika.png

Pikachu crying over sliced ketchup bottle.
Pikaketchup.png

Original snapshot.

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2011
The Pikachu holding the ketchup bottle is adorable.

That being said, though, it was hard to tell he was crying. I recommend making the tears more blue or making the body darker.

Slamner

Charizard Fans
Years
I like ur sprite keeping up the good sprite.btw can i used ur sprite like chimchar and,etc i will give u credits if i already finish my hack project.

KajiVenator

The Flame Huntzman
Years
I love the sprites. Just one quick question. Darkrai in a bikini? What episode was that in? XD I wanna see, I wanna see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back