• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Who was your MVP?

Years
So we all have that one Pokemon that carries the load for the team in multiple battles. I want to know, who was your Champion MVP? Like, who was the main Pokemon that took on the champion during your playthrough of BW2? Why were they so good in that battle (what moves did it know that mainly defeated her)?

For me, in Black 2, Weavile was my MVP since she single-handedly took on Hydreigon, Druddigon, Haxorus, and Archeops with Ice Punch.

In White 2, I'd have to say my MVP was Jellicent who took hits like a man and dished out some serious hurt, although he couldn't do anything to Lapras. He had Shadow Ball and Hydro Pump which helped taking out Aggron, Archeops, and even Haxorus whom my Emboar fell to quickly.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
For B2, it was my Azumarill that took out all the dragon types and Arceops with Ice Beam, for W2 it was my forrothorn i believe, because it could take the hits.

Whistler

Questioner
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2014
...My Crustle in White 1, and my Arcanine in White 2. They are both in my top 3 favorites. =]

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
My MVP was, unsurprisingly, Serperior. He pretty much led most of my battles, including the Elite 4. He wasn't as helpful in the battle with Iris, but he got in some good hits and took out one or two of her Pokemon, maybe. (I beat Iris a while ago, so it's hard to remember.)

QuickSilveri

Veteran
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
Hands down my MVP was Ninetails. The combination of Will-O-Wisp and hex with STABs FireBlast and FlameThrower were clutch. She single handedly took out the Champion.

Regards, Chris

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
That's easy My MVP was my lucario Nicko in black 2, in white though it was strangely my Audino Sandra.

Last edited:

Shikai

Fight for the name of Pokemon
Years
My MVP was Zoroark. It while out all the elite for with just foul play

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I actually can't recall any of my team being the MVP in my fight against the Champion.

There was a lot of shuffling about....Flygon and Octillery got a good bit of action because of their dragon and ice moves though. Magnezone was useful because I kept paralyzing her pokemon, I don't think I would have got through it otherwise. Then out of my other three pokemon Emboar and Sigilyph got a little bit of action although they didn't really fit into a role. Then there was Weezing who was a bit of a weak link although he was useful when I had to revive other pokemon...because he's good at taking hits.

Ever since the 4th gen my teams have become much more balanced, before that there was usually one or two pokemon that carried my team almost exclusively.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Huge Power Azumarill sporting Aqua Tail (later and currently Waterfall) and Ice Punch. I also utilised the fact that Aqua Ring stacks with Leftovers.

Hands down my MVP was Ninetails. The combination of Will-O-Wisp and hex with STABs FireBlast and FlameThrower were clutch. She single handedly took out the Champion.
I have one note for improvement: you could've kept her as a Vulpix for longer in order to learn Extrasensory, which could've taken the place of either STAB move. That said, one interesting thing you could still teach her via TM is Energy Ball.

Last edited:

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
Never really have an MVP, because I always train and use all my Pokémon equally, but I guess If I had to pick, White was my Haxorus, and White2 was my Shiny Arcanine (Imported from HG) who I finally got to use on my team!

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Azumarill in run 1, Lucario in run 2. I got them early and they remained my go-to team member whenever I was in a pinch or just didn't want to put up with the battle at hand.

Years
Darmanitan was my MVP, he was incredibly strong and with 100+ power attacks and his humongous attack stat, he just destroys everything.

Lucario was a really close second since all his attacks were decent power and he had a lot of attack coverage.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
My Lucario owned the champ. He was dfeated later by Haxorus, but then my Samurott won.

QuickSilveri

Veteran
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
I have one note for improvement: you could've kept her as a Vulpix for longer in order to learn Extrasensory, which could've taken the place of either STAB move. That said, one interesting thing you could still teach her via TM is Energy Ball.

I'll remember that cause I am thinking about raising another with a different EV strategy.

I'd also like to add that in my recent victories Metagross has, single handedly with only one full restore , taken out the entire elite 4 and 4/6 on the champion. STABs Meteor Mash and Bulletpunch with Zen Headbut, the support from hammer arm.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Surprisingly Galvantula made it to be my MVP. Amazing type coverage. 4+ advantages with stab, and give it a 3rd attack that isn't bug or electric and it works perfectly.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
in diamond it was my torrterra, twiggy. running around using earthquake on everything. in black it was a level 57 simipour i traded my female one for in the beginning of the game. in black 2 it was lucario cause he's awesome and resists grass which my rival had. its a shame his stats were so lousy though...

Back