• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tamako Market

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Tamako knows just about everything there is to know about mochi, the traditional Japanese dessert treats. When she's not attending her first year of high school, she even invents new flavors and varieties for Tama-ya, her family's mochi shop. School and growing up, on the other hand, are some things that she's still trying to find the right recipe for. But with the help of her best friends Kanna and Midori, two girls whose parents run businesses in the same shopping district, Tamako's determined to make the best of things.

source

Has anyone else seen or is in the process of watching Tamako Market? I very recently started watching it (as in earlier this morning!) and all I can say is that it is surprisingly more enjoyable than I initially predicted it'd be. I've never been all that huge a fan of bishoujo-centered anime, but this little girl, Tamako Kitashirakawa, is just the cutest thing! What I've seen thus far has not delved too deep into any sort of plotline, but one of the main characters, Dera Mochimazzi, has leaked a few bits of what the show should be making a beeline for in the coming episodes...

Thoughts on Tamako Market?

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I kept up with it as it was coming out and I enjoyed it a bit, although the plot ended up being a bit strange. The characters were great, though. Initially I didn't like Dera very much because his haughty attitude would show at the most inopportune viewing times, but he grew on me after a while. Tamako's mochi-centered world view was definitely entertaining and I liked her the best (well, her and Kanna are tied).

Spoiler-y thoughts below.

Spoiler:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I like Kyoto for producing Haruhi, Clannad, Hyouka, and K-On (thoughhh I haven't finished any of these ahah) since the animation is really pretty. So, I'm willing to give this a shot. I've watched one episode so far, and I'm fond of the main girl, Tamako, and the bird, Dera. "Cry in my bosom"... XD I'm kinda curious as to what Dera is, given how his eyes light up at the end of the episode.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
It was pretty heart warming anime but it cannot compare to KyoAni masterpieces... :/
I liked this as well, the characters were really cute but... it's not enough :D
I want something more from KyoAni :D At least something like Hyouka :D

Back