• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The New PokéDex!

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Maybe the split into 3 different sections is a new style approach?
Kinda like the habitat feature in BW. I do hope though this means there will be a LOT of pokes to catch!!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
The region divisions are kinda reminiscent of FireRed and LeafGreen's PokeDexes which I personally wasn't fond of.

I liked the habitat feature in BW2, maybe they're taking it a step up from there. It'll be hard to judge until we get clearer screenshots of it. Maybe they're just broadening the whole 'per route' thing (which was a pain in the butt) and making it more regional. Now that would be cool.

I'm also squealing at the fact that we're getting Zigzagoon in the game - Linoone is SO amazing ;A; It looks like it appears kinda early in it too

blue

gucci
Years
I like the design of the Pokedex, it's relevant to the modern technology we have today. Who knows, it might come with additional features that previous Pokedex models didn't have.

KJ

Focus!
Years
the design of the new pokedex is great! I really like the looks of it. Almost like something Tony Stark would use haha.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
the design of the new pokedex is great! I really like the looks of it. Almost like something Tony Stark would use haha.

In fact I think he does use something like this in one series, dunno which though, either way, that actually makes this new dex feel cooler.

blue

gucci
Years
I've just realized that in that scan of the Pokedex, the Central has 71 Caught/Found, Costal has 51 Caught/Found and Mountain has 7 Caught/Found. I wonder how many are found in each area, whether it's equal or just random?

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
The number only depends on the location and the habitats in that location, just like hw it was in fr/lg. So, it would be just random.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Serebii has updated with new images of the Pokédex
47.jpg

Seems that we have a compare function that allows us to compare a Pokémon to their Evolution or Shiny colour, but, there's other things, what are Type 1 and Type 2, what is shape? (egg group?)

also 2 of the icons at the bottom suggest Pokémon cry and Pokémon Location

I don't really like the look of the compare function tbh. I just don't think many people are going to want to compare, unless they're actually like shiny hunters or something. Otherwise I don't think I'd use it :x

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Serebii has updated with new images of the Pokédex
47.jpg

Seems that we have a compare function that allows us to compare a Pokémon to their Evolution or Shiny colour, but, there's other things, what are Type 1 and Type 2, what is shape? (egg group?)

also 2 of the icons at the bottom suggest Pokémon cry and Pokémon Location
Type 1 I believe is referring to the primary type and Type 2 is the secondary type, not sure why they'll have them there. Shape is the body shape of the Pokémon. Shape has existed in some form or another in every Pokédex I can remember (which goes back to Gen 3).

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Honestly I'm pretty fond of the new Compare function. It looks like we have the option to pick an individual Pokémon to compare with instead of just comparing to the size of the protagonist. Plus it looks cool having a full image of the Pokémon instead of just the silhouette.

Back