• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Songs that make you cry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spearow

mr. nobody
Years
Not necessarily songs that make you sad - just music that touches you in some way. It doesn't have to cause you to completely break down sobbing whenever you hear it, but it would presumably be powerful enough to induce some sort of strong emotion in you, which might manifest itself physically.

And yes, I guess it could be crying because the song is so horrible it hurts your ears and makes you fear for the future of the music industry, but because I can easily see this thread diverging into a hate-fest/argument over musical tastes, let's try to stay mostly on the positive side.

For me it would probably be "A Thousand Paper Cranes" by Mono and anything off of the album "Colma" by Buckethead.

Shem

Bored...
Years
One winged angel, by nobou uematsu. you know, the spehiroth song? it raises the hairs on the back of my neck.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
Years
There's only one song I can remember actually crying when I hear(ed) it, and that's the original version of "I'm Walking on Sunshine" XD; And I wasn't crying in a good way. At my old school, which was... very hard for me, they'd have that playing allllll the time in the gym, and since Gym was one of my least favourite classes... >_<

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
Years
Song that always makes me cry is "Don't Take the Girl" by Tim McGraw

I listen to many things not just country.

ShadowDeeps

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2021
As of this moment, "Still Fighting It" by Ben Folds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhxrrBsfmNU

And "Bad Day" by Daniel Powter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyWu-4Zu_yM

As well as "Stop Crying Your Heart Out" by Oasis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QyVil0dwhk

And "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXdNnw99-Ic

All four songs rather hit soft spots for me without causing a breakdown but at the same time they convey the notion of that younger spirit I feel may be inside of all of us that would rather just view the world in simple terms and harken to simple things, as well as just letting go when adversity is brought upon our lives. I almost feel like nothing could be unrequited when listening to songs of the sort, and that love - and all human emotions - are nothing but mutual - but that such emotions could still leave scars great enough to cause one to wallow in such sentiments in the search for fulfillment. All four songs are upbeat yet downbeat and limpid yet confident to me. But they soothe and fulfill the hollow of my soul in a way that many other songs do not, convincing me to just move on suasively (as well as offering very human and amiable tones), but in a very poignant way.

Though, without being any more verbose the songs themselves remind me a great deal of the experiences I had growing up and the wide set of emotions and things did. "Still Fighting It", at least - "Bad Day" and "Stop Crying Your Heart Out" are very much a "letting go" kind of songs IMO if I were to come to words with such. As does "Wish You Were Here". None of the songs causes me to tear up but I feel rather sentimental when listening to both of them nontheless. I find they work best in the quiet moods of the night that incur contemplation (perhaps morbid). None of those songs are flat but are tantamount in profoundness in my ears in some way.

Last edited:

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
Years
I thought that song was about the end of a relationship... It's like a straight up love song, I thought. You must've had a bad break up before dude.

Personally let's see:
Missed the Boat by Modest Mouse, because it's a beautiful song about being so caught up in your own things that you miss your own life.

Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam, because you can just feel the guitar when you close your eyes, and the lyrics (although almost inaudible) are about losing someone close to you, which I have a few times and how frustrating your own life can be by living with the burden of loss.

Black by Pearl Jam, (it falls along the lines of Little Motel by Modest Mouse in themes) but when they get to these lines "I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a sun, In somebody else's sky, But why, Why, Why can't it be, Why can't it be mine?" makes me think of this girl i lost so long ago... and what could've been...

Everywhere by Polaris, another break up song, this one is reminiscent of my childhood because the band was the main soundtrack for the Adventures of Pete and Pete. This song just makes me long for that girl again.

Finally, the one song that I cry to on occasion is I Will Follow You Into the Dark by Death Cab for Cutie. It's just a sweet acoustic song about loving someone so much and never wanting to feel alone. Plus it mirrors my own life in the story.

And there are the top 5 songs that make me cry.

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
Years
Kay well this will make me seem like a tool but about last year me and my boyfriend broke up and we were pretty serious and "Big girls don't cry" by fergie was always on the radio at work and it made me really sad....

Ummm... some of David Usher's songs make me cry, same with Cursive

EDIT: I forgot 5AM by our lady peace

Last edited:

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
Years
There's only ever been one song that's got me close to crying and that's "Lullaby For You" by Jyongri. I only "almost" cried when it was accompanied with the ending of The Word Ends With You though.

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 5, 2015
To Zanarkand - Final Fantasy X Soundtrack, composed by Nobuo Uematsu.

I don't know why, but literally everytime I hear the song, tears trickle down my cheeks. It's one of those pieces where it reminds me of things that have happened - and due to the sadness portrayed in the song, they're not great memories >____>;

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Suicide is Painless by Johnny Mandel, or better known as The Theme to M*A*S*H, I actually cry every time I see th choppers come in ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back