• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: WARPED

andyp159

Master of Fire!
Years
Pokemon: WARPED - Beta 3 Released

Pokemon: WARPED
Hack of:
icon_firered.png

INTRODUCTION

Hello! We are AndyP159 and Magneto20, returning to the world of hacking after a brief period of unexplained absence!
Pokemon: WARPED is a sidequel to our first hack, Septo Conquest. Our hacking skills have improved dramatically and we have decided to step it up a level for our sophomore hack.
THE STORY

You are a kid who has lived in Luneth Town, in the Amafuso region, all his/her life with his/her grandparents. Up to when you are twelve years old, everything is well (apart from the odd murder from time to time). Suddenly, in a catastrophic event linked to loud noises and crimson flashes in the sky, Amafuso is ripped apart, and cities and routes that were once joined are no longer so. This ominious turn of events are caused by Four Lords, a mysterious cult who train according to Four Natural Elements (Earth, Wind, Water and Fire!). You embark on a quest to restore the world to what it once was, meeting many interesting (and in some cases, highly dangerous) people along the way!
SCREENSHOTS

THE WORLD AROUND YOU

In this world, all routes and towns are accessed via buildings known as 'Warp Houses'. There are five Warp Houses in the hack. In each Warp House are five teleports, each one leading to areas known as 'Stages'. All stages contain at least one route, and some contain a town or city. As you progress through each Warp House, you will encounter and battle each lord, in turn.

THE BEGINNING

Spoiler:

WARP HOUSE #1

Spoiler:

WARP HOUSE #2

Spoiler:

WARP HOUSE #3
Spoiler:

FEATURES

• A brand new and completely unique storyline.
  • A host of new characters.
  • A return of some old characters from Septo Conquest.
  • A beautiful new region.
  • Brand new scripts and events.
  • New player sprite.
  • No gym leaders. Instead you face off against the Four Elemental Lords.
  • Re-ordered Pokedex.
  • Evolutions of certain Pokemon has been altered, e.g. Graveller evolves into Golem at LV.36 and Onix into Steelix at LV.30, rather than by trading.
  • Ever present comedy!

DOWNLOADS

VIDEOS
Spoiler:

Can also be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y91-odavqX0
CREDITS

Userbars

USERBAROFAWESOME.jpg

Hack by AndyP159 and Magneto20.

Constructive criticism welcome.​

MORE INFORMATION AND SCREENSHOTS COMING SOON!

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Hmm, I do see that your Hacking Skills really have improved.

Comments about the Hero OW: I think you should remove the hat that the Hero is wearing.
Imagine what will the Hero the look like!

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2011
looks like it could be fun. and I agree with Number Prince, a character with hair would be a cool addition to the game.

also, will there be some final boss who uses stuff from the previous four?

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
I like the slightly altered Hero OW.
The storyline looks new and interesting, and should be a lot of fun. I'm not sure how you're going to logically implement the 'can't go to another area until you beat the previous' thing with that current mapshot though.
Also, the mapping looks a little too squarish. Other than that, this looks great.
Keep up the good work, I hope to see this progress.

Magneto20

CoOmnipotent1of Pokemon:WARPED
Years
Hello, for those of you who don't know me, I'm Magneto20, co-maker of Pokemon Warped along with AndyP159. I'm also the guy that did Septo Conquest, which was, while poor in places, a testament to mine and AndyP159's prodigal skill to make people cringe. :D

Anyway, we're back with a new hack after a lengthy break, and I'm glad to say that we're both taking hacking a little more seriously now (although the humour is still ever-present).

I'll answer your questions first:

also, will there be some final boss who uses stuff from the previous four?

Ah, I can't tell you stuff about the final boss... however, me and AndyP159 know EXACTLY who the final boss is, and it's not the fourth and final Lord...

I'm not sure how you're going to logically implement the 'can't go to another area until you beat the previous' thing with that current mapshot though.

Quite easily, actually. If you download the first beta when we release it, you'll be able to see.
UPDATES

The first beta will be released early Summer. It will contain the entire of the 1st Warp House; from starting location Luneth Town (your hometown) right up to the battle with the Earth Lord, Arazar.

The first stages have names - Stage 1 is called Mognet Copse and Stage 2 is called Morrid's Path.

In the first stage, some guy explains how to use the warping system, plus a nice fisherman gives you an item after you explain who are:
warp_01-1.png
warp_02-1.png

Kyte Town in stage 2 is home to the recently relocated Prof. Oak, fresh from the maddening events of Septo Conquest in which he worked as a mad scientist for the local king, fled to Faris Town after
Spoiler:
, and got insulted by Lance of the Elite Four:
warp_04-1.png
warp_05-1.png

And Refia City, which isn't available until after you beat Lord Arazar. Refia is under the control of mobsters (oh, and that purple building in the screenshot on the right is a Pokemon Research Lab):
warp_07-1.png
warp_08-1.png
warp_06-1.png

UPDATE!

All five stages in the first Warp House have names:
Stage 1 - Mognet Copse
Stage 2 - Morrid's Path
Stage 3 - Mt. Karnak
Stage 4 - Balamb Hills
Stage 5 - Salikawood

Stage 5 is so big it's split into two parts! The first part is called Pravoka's Walk, where a certain prize can be found if you stray off the beaten path...
The second section of the stage is a huge forest called Salikawood. The wild Pokemon in here are quite strong so it's best not to hang around.

warp_03-2.png
warp_01-2.png
warp_02-2.png
warp_04-2.png

warp_05-2.png
warp_06-2.png
warp_07-2.png

More info coming later! :)

Last edited:

andyp159

Master of Fire!
Years
Good news, everyone!
I bring updates in the form of screenshots!

Stages 1 + 2 are 100% complete, and we are fast approaching the release of the first beta!

We have a brand new trainer class, called Punk Kid:
warp-Copy_01.png
warp-Copy_02.png

Additionally, we have adjusted the warp house slightly to accomadate healing:
warp_02-3.png

We've decided that to prevent the player from accessing the other warp houses before the first one, we have implemented the requirements for HMs to progress to the next warp house. For example, a Cut Tree blocks the entrance to the second Warp House, requiring the player to get the HM01 and battle Lord Arazar for the rights to use it on the overworld.

More updates to follow from me and Magneto20!

Magneto20

Years
UPDATE!

The first beta of Pokemon: WARPED is almost upon us! It will feature these locations:
- Luneth Town
- Warp House #1
- Mognet Copse
- Morrid's Path
- Kyte Town
- Mt. Karnak
- Balamb Hill
- Refia City
- Carl Phasno's Hideout
- Pravoka Walk
- Salikawood
- Earth Chamber

Here are some more screenshots, this time of Carl Phasno's hideout and the Earth Chamber where the player fights Lord Arazar:

WarpedMain_05.png
WarpedMain_04.png
WarpedMain_03.png
WarpedMain_02.png
WarpedMain_01.png

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2011
From what I can c , The game looks good but I think that some new tiles will make it look 100% beter.

andyp159

Master of Fire!
Years
Good afternoon to one and all!

Updates have arrived.
We are now very, very close to the release of the first beta. Watch this space in the next week or so!

We have completed all five stages and we are now currently spriting, finishing up scripts and checking the games for bugs (although we're not promising you won't find any :D)

Here are some new screenshots, to introduce a new character, Kenneth! (Plus a few screenies from Salikawood)

WarpedMain_04-1.png
WarpedMain_05-1.png
WarpedMain_06.png
WarpedMain_07.png

WarpedMain_02-2.png
WarpedMain_01-1.png
WarpedMain_08.png

More news about the beta coming soon!

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
A stererotypical british person? I never really understood Septo Conquest too much, but I didn't mind it. This looks quite good. (What happened to Lance Adventures?)

Magneto20

Years
A stererotypical british person? I never really understood Septo Conquest too much, but I didn't mind it. This looks quite good. (What happened to Lance Adventures?)

Yes, a stereotypical British person. Pip pip! (Or something...)

Septo Conquest wasn't there to be understood, but there to make people laugh (I hope).

In answer to your question, this sort of IS Lance Adventures, after many plot development and a complete overhaul and re-imagining. We have retained many aspects of Lance Adventures, such as Prof. Pat Pending and the Four Lords (oh, and Lance of course, who will make an appearance later), however we felt that Lance Adventures was too much work for just two people, so we had a little re-imagining of the project, and thus we came up with Pokemon: WARPED, which me and AndyP159 feel is already better than Lance Adventures.

andyp159

Master of Fire!
Years
Pokemon Warped Beta!

:D

I come bearing great news!

The first BETA is finally upon us! It contains all of the first 5 stages, right up until the climatic battle with Lord Arazar. obviously, we are not guaranteeing that the game will be glitch free, but we have tried our hardest to make it enjoyable and fun project.

Please note that this is a fan based patch and must not be used for commercial purposes under any circumstances. Pokemon and all the rights belong to Nintendo and Game Freak.

If you do find any glitches, PM us, or post here and we will try our best to solve these issues.

http://www.divshare.com/download/7578633-a5f

Download the beta here:

(also, anyone know what the post above (the deleted one) was about?)

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 25, 2019
Spoiler:

Bugs I found

anyways I enjoyed playing this hack

Last edited:

Magneto20

Years
Thanks for posting those bugs, alo123 (we must have missed them). They will be fixed in time for the release of Beta 2.0, which will be released once we've completed the second Warp House.

And thank you for everyone who has played Beta 1.0 so far!

andyp159

Master of Fire!
Years
Just dled the Beta and I'm playing through it now. I'm pretty impressed.

Thank you, kind sir! Be sure to look out for the second Beta, coming some time in the future!

UPDATES!
PokemonWarped12-1.png

When you cut the the tree then walk it comes back
In relation to your comments, we have completely revamped the first Warp House to remove the cut tree, inserting new scripts that will instead allow access to all five stages in any order you choose (however we strongly advise you start with the first stage and progress in order.) and only allow access to Lord Arazar once the five stages have been completed.

warpedmain_07-2.png
warpedmain_08-2.png
warpedmain_09.png

We have also added a huge pokemon center that includes a shop, to further accomodate healing and purchasing of items. This can be accessed from the main warp house.

warpedmain_05-3.png
warpedmain_04-3.png

In addition, we have changed the introduction when you get your Pokemon and Pokedex, so you now get it before leaving your house.
warpedmain_03-4.png

On a more ominous note, does anyone know what this message means? Everytime we start up VBA to test the ROM, we get this message:

warpedmain_01-3.png

And we have no idea what it means. If anyone knows, PM us.
More updates to follow soon!

Back