• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Id est damnum innocentiae (OOC thread)

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
lol XD nice!

Who said you needed a pokeball to catch pokemon right? hahaha

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2012
Lol,
Anyways this RP looks good, I hope it gets filled up soon

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Yeah, and we've already hit the minimum (4 people) so as long as the sign ups are all good then it should be good.

Of course the more people the better. When I first made this RP a year ago it also got some attention, but a lot of us seemed to be on hiatus (including myself) so that didn't turn out well, but I have time now.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
baseballa34657: Looks almost good, you might just want to elaborate on his personality in why he views his dad as a scientist instead of a father figure (or you could elaborate this in your history too). Otherwise it looks good. Just tell me when you're done. :)

baseballa34657

Roleplaying Assasin
Years
Ok will do :D Oh and also now I am gonna have to try some of that Miltank Steak. You guys got that stuck in my head. Okay I put in more information about the father scientist. Soooo am I accepted. Oh just hold on forgot pokemon info *Facepalms*

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Just don't waste all your arrows, haha.

Oh I also forgot to mention (this is for everyone), it's not imperative but when you're doing the RP sample (which is essentially the beginning of your RP), don't be afraid to include the current climate of things your character is in (like the world being put under marshall law and such). Sorry I did not elaborate this :3

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Yep :) I'll have the first post up when we're all ready to go. You can amend you bag at any time up until the beginning of the RP.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Haha, yeah... no trainer will be safe. And characters will have to deal with some very harsh stuff.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
Here too. Should I take it off of the other thread?

Name: Jean (Pronounced JEEN) Roan (RONE)

Personality: Jean always thinks before he acts. He has a level view of most things. He is usually reserved in the presence of new company, but once he warms up to someone he is jolly, he doesn't usually warm-up to people too soon. Despite the fact that he thinks before he acts he often makes rash and bold decisions often putting him in harms way. When he's angry he usually keeps his anger in check, instead of lashing out he takes an approach that would sway the situation to his favor. He is very skilled with his words and can make his audience see from his point of view easily.
Jean tries never to harm a Pokémon, he always tries to find away around putting a Pokémon in danger, he'd rather put himself after the Pokémon. He is very witty. He is not emotional to sadness or anger, only with happiness. Jean doesn't care much for his school work; he prefers to educate himself through books and with his own thoughts. Jean is an excellent strategist, he works very well when it's just him and his Pokémon, with group work he fails miserably to collaborate with other people's ideas.
With people Jean dislikes, he ignores their presence, in hopes that they will leave him alone. Jean prefers company to solitude. Yet he only appreciates company that he enjoys, he'd rather be alone than with someone he dislikes. Jean is easily agitated by stubbornness and skepticism. He keeps an open mind, but if he doesn't believe something after knowing enough about it, he ignores it.
Jean works hard on things that he believes are important, but when it comes down to other things he lazes around before getting them done.

Appearance: Jean is strange in appearance, he has red eyes and white hair, but is not albino. His white hair is straight and matte, it goes down past his eyes but he brushes it to the either side. In the back it reaches down to the bottom of his neck above his shoulders. He has an average face with defined bone structure. His nose is small.
Jean isn't really strong, he is weak. He is relatively thin, but in shape. His chin is fairly narrow. He stands at 5' 7".
Jean wears a lot of blue, his sleeveless hoody with a yellow trim at the bottom is blue. His shorts that are black on the outside of the thigh are also blue. He usually wears a black short sleeved t-shirt underneath his hoody, and black street shoes with white on the toe and sole. His features are mostly average.

History: Jean was born May 9 in Saffron City in the Kanto region, a month before his parent's death in a bus accident. The driver suffered from cardiac-arrest while driving the bus his parents were on. He's lived with his grandfather, in Saffron since the day his parents died. He respects his grandfather very much, he was once a great Pokémon trainer in his time, and He still raises Pokémon now, but doesn't battle them. Jean's first Pokémon was a Staryu that his grandfather gave him. Since then he's trained it and it's now grown very strong.
One day on a trip to the zoo in Fuschia city when he and his grandfather were looking at the Pokémon, he asked him if the Pokémon were happy and his grandfather said, "Would you like to be in a cage?" this instigated Jean to steal a Kangaskhan from that zoo. After he freed it, it followed them home, Jean's kept it since that day.
Jean's grandfather has been teaching Jean how to use Pokémon and to someday make a difference in the world with them, little did he know he would not only be making a difference, but maybe save it completely. Jean was never able to beat his grandfather--his grandfather was a former Pokémon league champion.
Jean led a fairly normal life aside from frequent trouble at school, until he started to hear things in his head just a few days ago.

Pokemon:

Starmie LV. 68
Star
Female
Personality: Star is a proud Pokemon, but that proudness is not without reason. As the most powerful pokemon on Jean's team, she has thought herself a leader. With her pride comes arrogance, she looks down on most people, and fellow pokemon. She does however, not look down on Jean, for he has been her owner, friend, and commander since she was young.
History: Star was given to Jean as a Staryu when Jean was but three years old. Jean's grandfather gave it to him to start him off in the world of pokemon. At first Star was only a friend, but Jean's grandfather got him involved in battling and he began to train it.

Kangaskahn LV. 55
King
Male
Personality: Regardless that King's name is King, he is humble, and loyal to Jean. He still, after eleven years, feels he is indebted to Jean for releasing him from the zoo, where he was captive. He fights with bravery and will. He would swiftly use his life as a sacrifice to save Jean if ever he were in danger.
History: Jean released King from Fushia City Zoo when Jean was five, since then he has been an asset on Jean's team.

Kingdra LV. 52
Sid
Male
Personality: Sid was named that because when Jean found him he was vicious, so Jean named him Sid, after Sid Vicious of The Sex Pistols. Sid always wants to be a part of things, though he doesn't want to look like he is following, instead he tries to become the leader. Sid is hard to command even for Jean, he prefers to do things to his own accord. He is shrude in battle and is capable of predicting what will happen next, this can however be useless as he doesn't listen to Jean's commands. He would never leave Jean even though he is dubious when commanded.
History: Sid encountered Jean in the ocean surrounding Cinnabar Island, he battled Jean, who was training Star at the time. Sid was beaten however would not accept this so he reccuperated and attacked Jean again. After a few more attacks, Jean noticed that it was the same Kingdra, so he caught it to put an end to the un-warranted attacks.

Houndoom LV. 60
Kramer
Male
Personality: Kramer is a loyal pokemon, however not to Jean. He is loyal to Jean's grandfather, his original owner. He has been a sort of gaurdian to Jean, living in his home. He doesn't think of Jean as a master though.
History: Jean's Grandfather packed Kramer in Jean's luggage without informing him, before his trip. He was his old pokemon from when he had his journeys.

Preferred starting location number: 3

Bag: -Sleeping Bag
-flashlight
-collapsible grill
-tent
-knife
-parishable foods
-rope
-A water filter
-Flint and Steel
-Toilet Paper

-Great Ball(s) X5
-Super Potions X5
-Pokémon Food
-Ultra Ball(s) X10
-Escape Rope(s) X10

RP sample:

"JEAN!" A nasally voice filled the classroom.
"Huh?" Jean's feet were up on his desk as well as a piece of paper with notes scrawled on it relating to Pokémon.
"I sure hope that's your math textbook you're reading."
"Nope." Jean said as if he wasn't even speaking to his teacher. "Art of War, by Sun Tzu."
"How about you join our lesson…" the teacher put on a sympathetic smile.
"Meh…" he said casually, "in a sec."
"Now!" The teacher took long strides towards Jean's desk in the back of the room. She took the paper with the notes on it and the book. She started reading the notes aloud, "Start out with Starmie to take out the first few things, if it's electric, switch out to Kangaskhan and use earthquake."
"I don't need it anymore you can have it."
"And the book?"
"No thanks." Jean replied casually.
"Office. NOW!" Jean strolled out of the room saying,
"I know the way," A student in the class retorted,
"How could you not? You've been there a million times!" Jean ignored the comment, and went out of the schools front door. He jogged back to his house walked in and slipped off his shoes.
"Hi Grandpa."
"Jean? I wish you wouldn't just walk out of school like that, you're lucky you didn't get beaten, with the whole corporal punishment thing." his grandpa had a slight worried tone in his voice. He was scrubbing pots at the sink. "I took the liberty of packing your stuff. You left a list of things out on the table."
"Thanks," Jean said in a bright tone.
"If this whole deal about judgment day is real you should be leaving soon, right?"
"Yeah, I'm going to miss you. You know I might not come back right?" Jean's tone was changing to a sad one.
"I know…" His grandpa ran his fingers through his thin white hair. "But it's you or humanity right." The small old man sat down at the table in the middle of the room, staring out into space. "Take care of your Pokémon,"
"I will,"
"I love you."
"I love you to." Jean went and hugged his grandpa. A second later his grandpa was hugging thin air, Jean and his backpack were gone.

Last edited:

Oranje

Go Arsenal
Years
I would really like to participate in this creative idea. Reserving me a spot would be great. Hopefully I will finish it by the end of the night but since I am going to write this from scratch it may take a bit longer.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Okay Pokemongarnet you're accepted, adding you shortly. EDIT: one thing I forgot to mention is that you don't have to be relegated to 4 attacks. You can use all the attacks up to your pokemon's level, and as they increase in level they can learn/practice the new moves sort of like how it is done in the anime.

T'is cool Nakuzumi, just tell me when you're done

And I'll reserve you a spot Oranje, you'll have 48 hours.

I appear to have missed you GaXel, sorry about that. Though you'll have to work on expanding your character's personality, appearance and history. And don't forget to read again what is required for the RP sample. Thanks :)

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Well not strictly speaking, they are more a guide. I won't say if you've raised a level or not, you can just simply state something like your Pokemon is starting to get better or is learning the next move (one higher from its level or something). Does that make sense?

baseballa34657

Roleplaying Assasin
Years
Yah that makes sense but I am still gonna have my starting levels up on my SU though so I myself have something to look at.

And one of my items is called a Modidex and basically its a pokedex but it allows you to add info in it. And it is capable of sending messages of 1/5 to 1/3 of the island. You get to decide the length of transmission idf you will let me use it.

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
ah yeah, you won't be allowed to communicate to people electronically. You can however make smoke signals and such. :P

Back