• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's the hardest Pokemon to catch in Ranger?

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
Years
I just bought Ranger, and I'm as far as the Jungle Ruins near Summerland.
And I'm having a lot of trouble with catching Salamence. Honsetly, my hair was on the verge of being ripped out. Up to this point, I've hadn't had much trouble, but I couldn't paralyze it with my Plusle and I had to draw about 22 rings around it just to catch it.
With the normal Pokemon games, you just count on the Poke Balls, but this... Grrr! If anyone had mentioned "Salamence" to me just then, I would have screamed.

Now that the rant is out of the way, I'm just curious to know if there'll be any other tough Pokemon in Ranger. What do you think was the hardest Pokemon to catch?

Bishopk

meow :)
Years
  • CO
  • Seen Feb 16, 2018
Charizard wasn't all that hard, either time. I certainly don't remember it as well as I remember Salamence O_o. It was insane. I don't think I've circled that fast since. Maybe that's why I can't beat Tyranitar and its clan...

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2010
Salamence isn't that hard. Reflexes, I guess.
Probably the hardest imo is Deoxys, Entei and Rayquaza.

- Meh -

PurityForest

Forest Trainer
Years
The hardest for me is Rayquaza. Since it always escape in Static Attack of my Minun. And when i capture it, It says that it is impossible to capture. But i have captured it. :D

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
Years
I've dealt with Salamence (Thank goodness!). Now I've got Charizard to deal with.

Could anyone discribe the fight with Entei? Is it really that tough?

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 25, 2022
The Charizard really drove me insane the first time. The other time though, it was easy.

I don't remember catching a Salamence.. Oh well.

Avolition

TEN THOUSAND FISTS
Years
I grred at Salamence. It took like 20 tries for me. The Entei was even harder. But I laughed at Kyogre. I caught him on my first try.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
Years
What about that final charizard?

Waiting till all the lava pools dried up and zapping him full power...

Took me at least 5 tries...

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
I found the dogs to be very hard, especially since I didn't save after I beat each person before them. (stupid move by me) but now the only pokemon I need to capture is Mew. I've been using Ariados but it still doesn't work. The stupid thing breaks out too quicly then it teleports and break my ring. Then it flees. I hate mew in this, love it anywhere else. : p

Avolition

TEN THOUSAND FISTS
Years
Oh yeah, lol. Mew was harder than Salamence. Took like a billion tries for me. But it was worth it. Manaphy.

.Aero

Years
Why'd you put Manaphy after it. Anyways, how the heck did you catch it!?!? I want to complete the game and i need to catch it.

btw, it think zigzagoon was harder than mew, considering it was pointless to have. (no assist or field help)

Avolition

TEN THOUSAND FISTS
Years
Cause you need Mew to get manaphy. It took like 20 tries with an endless array of Ariadoses. I hate that Mew..

.Aero

Years
Cause you need Mew to get manaphy. It took like 20 tries with an endless array of Ariadoses. I hate that Mew..

You don't need to catch Mew to get manaphy. You just need the ranger net and the code, then beat the mission, tranfer and hatch. no mew is needed.

Back