• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Even more new Formes?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
"The first image of CoroCoro's cover has been revealed and has shown Keldeo's Resolution Form. This form is only a slight change to Keldeo's appearance but features a long blue horn and a longer mane." - Serebii.

Spoiler:

It...meh, is a little disappointing. I was hoping for more than this. I was hoping for like, a more adult look to it. Like a Rapidash effect or something. Idk, I LIKE IT, but I wish it was a little more. :c

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013

In my first post before that, I was referring to GameFreak's use of alternate Pokémon forms in the fifth generation as a whole and not just in B2W2, which is why I did include it.

But you replied to Trask3000's post about form introduced only in later versions (Platinum and B2/W2). That's why I said Meloetta shouldn't be counted because it's form is already available in original B/W. You don't need to buy B2/W2 to get new form of Meloetta.

Also, new forms of Kami Trio can be caught from one source (Dream Radar) without even having original Kami Trio members caught. From that point of view, those forms work like Rotom forms - all are available at once. The only difference is that you have to spend more time playing to get them.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
First off, Keldeo is a Foal, aka infant horse, not a pony.
secondly, and this is wishful Thinking, I am hoping for this form to be bipedal, it'd add that little bit more neatness to it and make it more of a change.
I've created my own prediction for the form, IF it is bipedal.
Spoiler:

Guy

just a guy
Years
Well since Aerilyn said per generation, you have more Pokemon to add to the numbers.

Darmanitan Zen Mode
Meloetta Pirouette Form

Though Gen 4 wise you have to count their aesthetic changes as well.
Burmy Leaf Cloak
Burmy Sand Cloak
Burmy Trash Cloak

These three are aesthetic changes for Burmy that has it evolve into the same Pokemon in different forms.

Cherrim Sunny Form

Though this is just an aesthetic change like Keldeo's Cherrim goes from her covered up flower to a blooming flower.

Gen 3 Only introduced two Pokemon that could Change form
Deoxys and Castform. Which has 8 Forms for Generation 3, 6 if you do not count Original forms.

So really we haven't gotten that many more than when they first started adding forms.

I guess people are OK with normal formes, but not with legendary formes, that's why no one cared about the other forms like Cherrim, etc.
What Mineox said. The forms I'm more referring to are those that go beyond just a change in appearance, but stat or ability changes too such as those mentioned by Trask3000. Other forms that just change appearance (i.e. Sawsbuck, Castform, etc.) really aren't a big deal. So, yes, Womadam's forms would be considered another for DPPt.

However, I forgot about Darmanitan being included in the prior list, because when it goes into its Zen Mode, its stats and ability are changed. So that's one more to add to Gen V's use of alternate forms in terms of more than just aesthetic changes.

But you replied to Trask3000's post about form introduced only in later versions (Platinum and B2/W2). That's why I said Meloetta shouldn't be counted because it's form is already available in original B/W. You don't need to buy B2/W2 to get new form of Meloetta.

Also, new forms of Kami Trio can be caught from one source (Dream Radar) without even having original Kami Trio members caught. From that point of view, those forms work like Rotom forms - all are available at once. The only difference is that you have to spend more time playing to get them.
...and before that he replied to my post referring to the forms of Gen V overall and not just specific to B2W2 alone.

It's not really a big deal if I'm honest, but speaking just for myself, I'd personally prefer it if GameFreak kept the alternate forms for Pokémon to a minimum rather than go overboard with it. Next thing we know, Gen VI could be shrouded with even more than we're getting now. I liked it more when people viewed the different forms as a unique factor. Now it's become something that's to be expected.

I just hope Keldeo's form is the last one they are adding for B2W2. I really wouldn't like it for Genesect to get his own form too. It'd definitely be a bit too much with no real reason to warrant one if they went down that road in my opinion.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
What Mineox said. The forms I'm more referring to are those that go beyond just a change in appearance, but stat or ability changes too such as those mentioned by Trask3000. Other forms that just change appearance (i.e. Sawsbuck, Castform, etc.) really aren't a big deal. So, yes, Womadam's forms would be considered another for DPPt.

However, I forgot about Darmanitan being included in the prior list, because when it goes into its Zen Mode, its stats and ability are changed. So that's one more to add to Gen V's use of alternate forms in terms of more than just aesthetic changes.

...and before that he replied to my post referring to the forms of Gen V overall and not just specific to B2W2 alone.

It's not really a big deal if I'm honest, but speaking just for myself, I'd personally prefer it if GameFreak kept the alternate forms for Pokémon to a minimum rather than go overboard with it. Next thing we know, Gen VI could be shrouded with even more than we're getting now. I liked it more when people viewed the different forms as a unique factor. Now it's become something that's to be expected.

I just hope Keldeo's form is the last one they are adding for B2W2. I really wouldn't like it for Genesect to get his own form too. It'd definitely be a bit too much with no real reason to warrant one if they went down that road in my opinion.

Uh Castform changes typing too though... so it's not only aesthestic

Anyways back on topic it could be possible that Genosect might have another forme since it's kind of a robot, maybe it has a mecha like transformation...

Guy

just a guy
Years
Uh Castform changes typing too though... so it's not only aesthestic

Anyways back on topic it could be possible that Genosect might have another forme since it's kind of a robot, maybe it has a mecha like transformation...
Completely forgot that Castform changed its typing, but you got what I meant anyway!

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they pulled out a new form for Genesect, but I'm really hoping that they don't.

Years
Considering that Genosect isn't revealed yet they could make a new forme and keep it hidden for awhile.
I hope they tell us how to get the new Keldeo forme since they're suppose to mention how Kyurem changes formes (in game) in this Corocoro issue.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
I called Keldeo's New Forme from day 1! I knew they'd be a forme of it that'd look stronger like the Musketeer trio. From what we've seen, it still looks young though.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

According to pokejungle before, Keldeo's form change was aesthetic only. It retained its type and current stats.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I'm not too hyped about Keldeo's new forme. It's not hugely brilliant. Although I am judging from the small image we have. I don't think the type will change, the base stats will probably change with the offenses being altered. Since Keldeo is special attack oriented, it'll change to attack.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
First off, Keldeo is a Foal, aka infant horse, not a pony.
secondly, and this is wishful Thinking, I am hoping for this form to be bipedal, it'd add that little bit more neatness to it and make it more of a change.
I've created my own prediction for the form, IF it is bipedal.
Spoiler:

Oh yeah um, I really don't want it to stand, considering ponies/horses (STILL IS A PONY TO MEEEE) usually... Don't, lol.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
I can understand why some people may think that these new pokemon "Formes" are getting out of hand, but I feel that Pokemon is pokemon. Pokemon is so expansive and adding new formes and such is just a welcome addition. I like to pick and choose the pokemon for my team. I like dual typed 3rd staged pokemon. I welcome these new formes and it's just giving us more options whether we use them or not.

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2013
I find forme changes ok, but I absolutely love them when they have a story to go along with. The forme changes for kyurem, the genie trio, and keldeo are looking to having a rich back story, so I think it's awesome. I think it's too much when they just start making formes for anything, but it seems they had all these formes planned since bw.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I'm not too jazzed about Keldeo's new form. With the Kami trio's forms though, I was a little more ecstatic about , but it seems to me with Keldeo's they're just throwing more formes for no real purpose. I don't think I want any more, the ones we have are good enough.

So far it's Resolution form looks like the Usual form but with a little extra features. Though, I may be wrong on that since the full hasn't been revealed yet. Maybe the rest of the body will have aesthetic changes. I'm hoping it has body features similar to the musketeers, but shorter.

Guy

just a guy
Years
According to pokejungle before, Keldeo's form change was aesthetic only. It retained its type and current stats.
I find it hard to believe Keldeo wouldn't at least get a boost in its Attack stat with the new form. That has always seemed likely to me. It seems rather pointless of GameFreak to give Keldeo a new form if its only getting a very slight change in its appearance, especially given its legendary status and the big promotion Keldeo is getting with the upcoming movie and now its new form.

I know I said GameFreak is going a little overboard with all the new forms lately, but if they're going to do it, specifically with a legendary, they might as well go all out with it for the most part. I guess we'll learn more about it and determine whether this is true or not as we start to get more of the CoroCoro scans within week though.

blue

gucci
Years
To be honest, I liked Keledo as it was and IMO it didn't really need an improvement.. it's stats are fine and it's appearance is great. They're really trying to make the most of this forme debacle by adding it to almost every legendary but sometimes it just doesn't work.

Years
I find it hard to believe Keldeo wouldn't at least get a boost in its Attack stat with the new form. That has always seemed likely to me. It seems rather pointless of GameFreak to give Keldeo a new form if its only getting a very slight change in its appearance, especially given its legendary status and the big promotion Keldeo is getting with the upcoming movie and now its new form.

I know I said GameFreak is going a little overboard with all the new forms lately, but if they're going to do it, specifically with a legendary, they might as well go all out with it for the most part. I guess we'll learn more about it and determine whether this is true or not as we start to get more of the CoroCoro scans within week though.
I agree, it'll be a waste of a forme, it's not even something like Sawsbuck who's gimmick is seasons or Genosect who has the discs. Hopefully it does gain some additional stats,I'm hoping that it'll be slightly higher than the trio to show that it has surpassed them.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well I know Terrakion has that mega-high attack so possibly Keldeo will get a sPA boost because iirc Cobalion's isn't amazIngly high.

Years
Well I know Terrakion has that mega-high attack so possibly Keldeo will get a sPA boost because iirc Cobalion's isn't amazIngly high.
Or Perhaps it'll change to speed seeing how each of the Muskeeters so far specialize in a certain stat, Colbalion having Defense, Terrakion having Attack, Virizion having Special Defense, and Training Keldeo forme having Special Attack, leaving speed behing the only option seeing how HP doesn't change with formes with the exception of Rotom.

Back