• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Midnight: A Darker than Black RP (M) (OOC)

Years
One would think mind reading would be very applicable in a fight, even if it does require eye contact it wouldn't be that hard to use in combat because I highly doubt that anyone is going to be taking their eyes off of an opponent in a world where contractors are known to exist. It would possibly leave him to be primarily skilled in defence but being able to predict an opponents movements can open up plenty of opportunities to attack (just make sure you don't make it OP).

@Tavern goers - Actually I'm just going to organise for Elite's and my character to meet elsewhere I think. Eat, Drink, Be merry and find an excuse to break something :).

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
Good point! And I think I will balance it out by keeping it a constant thing, I think you'll like where I go with it. And I don't think I want my character at the tavern anyways, his power makes him uncomfortable in groups, besides he'd just be staring at the floor anyways XD

Years
@Gimmepie
I think I mite start a fight right in the beginning with NPC's. Which is where your character comes into play... I honestly think you should just go along with it... but that's just my thought :)

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
Name: Corporal Alex Brody

AKA: (Usually called by his last name)

Appearance: Alex stands at around 6 foot 2 inches tall and weighs about 182 pounds. Training in the SRCA has rendered him with quite a muscular build and with great fitness. His short red hair usually can be seen pushed to the side but more than often it sits beneath a peaked hat that Alex can be seen wearing. As for his facial features he has green eyes, pale skin and a tightly shaved stubble. When he's off duty his usual choice of attire consists of a grey t-shirt, combat trousers and a pair of sneakers. However when he's out in the field, special SRCA grade combat trousers, boots and jacket covered by a thick layer of black coloured SRCA body armour. The body armour of Alex and all other soldiers out in the field.

Personality: Alex is rough and tough. Orders are orders and Alex won't hesitate to carry out whatever needs to be done to help rid the city of the contractors and the moratoria. However in saying that, he never forgets his friends or comrades, no man gets left behind no matter the cost of retrieval. He is confident in his ability's, perhaps too confident some times, but he does know his limits. He knows when to back off and when enough is enough. When off duty Alex enjoys having a laugh, resting, playing a card game or two, generally just taking it easy. But when in the field, he is serious, aware and always switched on.

Weapons/Tools: As far as weaponry goes there is a mix of weaponry available to the soldiers in the SRCA. Alex prefers to roll with the Heckler & Koch HK416, a Beretta 92FS, grenades and a knife for when it's needed. The tools Alex use include, night/heat vision goggles, rope, wrist restrains, and a GPS.

Picture: Assault Rifle
Picture: Pistol

RP Sample Or Brief History: Alex was born into a family of four. There was his mum, dad, little brother and of course himself. They lived a normal life in a middle class suburban house, but the only thing that wasn't 'normal' was the fact that Alex's father was a solider in the SRCA, of course completely unknown to Alex. Because of this he was away most of the time and never had proper time to bond with Alex. Of course his father would come home every now and again but never stayed longer than a day or two, always using the excuse 'daddy has an important job to do'. As the years rolled by and Alex grew, not only did he grow physically but also mentally. Not long after he had turned 16, his dad used the same old 'daddy has an important job to do' excuse, Alex decided enough was enough. He ventured into his parents room while they were out and decided to look through his dad's locker. It was then he found some letters and documents from the SRCA. A quick scan of the letters and documents revealed a 'Sgt. James Brody'. At this stage it didn't take a genius to work out what Alex's father was. He quickly placed everything back in the drawer and never spoke of it again.

3 years rolled by and Alex was now 19, a well flourished grown boy. It was just another regular day as far as Alex was concerned sitting around the house by himself as his mother and brother were out. Suddenly someone started knocking on the door, he opened it to find some military personnel standing in the doorway, they handed a letter over to Alex. Upon opening it, his world fell down around him. "Sgt. James Brody, KIA." Alex couldn't take his eyes of the word 'KIA'. He felt sick to his stomach. It was then the man in the doorway handed him another letter, one from your dad he stated. The letter was addressed to Alex, his father wrote it in case such an event did occur. It said to take his mother and brother and get out of San Francisco. He scrunched the letter up in his hands and demanded that he be allowed join the SRCA. He arranged for his mother and little brother to be taken away from San Francisco. He already lost someone dear to his heart and he wasn't going to let it happen again. With his mother and brother safely out of harm's way, Alex joined the SRCA and for a full year slaved and laboured hard to become the man he is today. Life in the field was a lot tougher than he imagined but of course like most soldiers, he learned to block out the negative thoughts and focus on the mission. It's a life or death situation when dealing with contractors and moratoria and it's one he doesn't intend to lose.

Last edited:
Years
Could you please expand on his history a little bit more? Getting enough info for two paragraphs would be preferable but I can deal with shorter so long as a bit more is put in.

Sephear

Years
By the way Pie, whenever you get back online, I redid my SU to an extent, I actually redid last night when I think you were on right before I went to bed, but I forgot to say anything >.<

Last edited:

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
aaaah, everybody's posting >.< and I haven't finished my SU yet!
I'll make sure to have it ASAP, señor Pie :3

Years
@Dark - I didn't say you have to restart... But if that is what you want to do go for it :)

@Sephear - you are accepted :)

@Elite - Don't rush too much, it's not like there's a deadline or chapters to consider. Even Lokie, a GM isn't done with her SU (although she is very busy right now).

Years
Um... Are we all in different bars or what? It seems to me that as it stands

Bar 1 - Chili and I (I think)

Bar 2 - Both of Dark Pokemaster's characters

Bar 3 - DarkMoonPhase's contractor.

Nearby Bar 3 - DarkMoonPhase's Doll character.

Leaving where I assume is Alacatraz on a boat - Wooliest's SRCA agent.
Clearly Midnight is full of a bunch of alcoholics, but it is good to know that even in a post apocalyptic setting people can still drink away their troubles xD

Was I right about those locations?

Edit: @ the Darks - Since you restarted could you delete those first posts of your so as not to throw anyone off? Thanks :)

Sephear

Years
hoo, that felt good, hope that wasn't too long, I had a basic idea of what I was about to do and then I just kept going..hmmm.

By the way Pie, you haven't updated the roster on the IC yet ;), So was my first post any good?

Last edited:
Back